PDA

View Full Version : Slidell, LA bike night

blackmetoc
08-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Wednesday night, I rode to the bike night in Slidell, LA. I was the only B there. There was a gorgeous Indian, but I ended up with about 10 guys walking around the B checking it out. One guy a Valkerie rider came and told me that everybody was talking about the B. It is nice to be loved.

53driver
08-05-2016, 09:38 PM
If you let me know next time...there could be two F6Bs there.....

blueverclear
08-06-2016, 01:19 AM

Me too brother, Im back rolling again and she is riding great. Shoot me a text and we will link up one of these days.

53driver
08-06-2016, 08:31 AM
Me too brother, Im back rolling again and she is riding great. Shoot me a text and we will link up one of these days.

GRANT! Welcome back! Mother Honda FINALLY disinfickulate your lil girl?

Okay guys, we have a new rider in southern Alabama and Grant is full up again so maybe we need to celebrate with another NW FL, Lower Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana R.T.E!
And this time someone invite the Georgia contingency - especially Teach - I think she was more than a bit put out when we didn't invite her last time....

stroguy
08-06-2016, 08:50 AM
Slidell was my home for four years, give me enough heads up and the wife and I might could possibly make a weekend of it.

Sonny
08-06-2016, 11:33 AM
I'm up for it also, as long as I'm not on call.

lgjhn
08-06-2016, 07:23 PM
I would try to make it as well depending on the date etc.

oldguy2
08-07-2016, 02:11 PM
As the Cajuns say " les bon tons roulette" so I'd like to add a red B to the party.

53driver
08-07-2016, 08:11 PM
Sounds like we need a "Ride To Eat!" (RTE)
Lots of new faces and bikes!

Someone take charge and put this together!

stroguy
08-07-2016, 08:20 PM
Maybe a RTG? Ride To Gamble. Craps players anyone?

blueverclear
08-08-2016, 12:58 AM
Maybe a RTG? Ride To Gamble. Craps players anyone?

Sounds like we are getting a plan together! I'm in just let me know when and where and I'm game!

There are always the great buffets on the Mississippi gulf coast, silver slipper and island view both have fantastic food!

blackmetoc
08-10-2016, 09:11 PM

Sounds good. The rain's been so horrible this week.

blackmetoc
08-10-2016, 09:14 PM
They run their bike night on Wednesday nights, so we may not be able to do their night if we are gathering all along the coast but we can certainly do a weekend run I would imagine.

blackmetoc
08-10-2016, 09:16 PM
This one is on Thursdays but the last one I went to was pretty weak. We would be the belle of the ball, and it would be a small ball, I think. There are a lot of new places in Bay St. Louis now that they have rebuilt.

blackmetoc
08-10-2016, 09:16 PM

How long before they found the leak? What was it?

blueverclear
08-11-2016, 09:33 PM
How long before they found the leak? What was it?

it was a couple month process on the repair. They finally just took everything on the left side off including the head and changed all gaskets, bolts, and tensioners and the problem is fixed for now. They also changed the left plastic cover where we saw the oil at and the left header cover. Both of them had padding underneath that they think sucked up some oil from the original issue and may have been weeping when it got hot.

Sundays are always the best day for me to meet up for sure. As long as the weather is good Im in for sure. Just keep me posted (send me a text message) because I don't always check the forum lol.

blackmetoc
08-11-2016, 09:38 PM
it was a couple month process on the repair. They finally just took everything on the left side off including the head and changed all gaskets, bolts, and tensioners and the problem is fixed for now. They also changed the left plastic cover where we saw the oil at and the left header cover. Both of them had padding underneath that they think sucked up some oil from the original issue and may have been weeping when it got hot.

Sundays are always the best day for me to meet up for sure. As long as the weather is good Im in for sure. Just keep me posted (send me a text message) because I don't always check the forum lol.

Rgr. I need to ride over on that side of the lake too.

blueverclear
08-11-2016, 10:04 PM
Rgr. I need to ride over on that side of the lake too.

Come on brother! Im going to bike night at the Pitt Stop on Jefferson Hwy if the weather holds up next Wednesday night. Meeting up with the GWRRA chapter LA-k that I just joined

blackmetoc
08-12-2016, 04:30 PM
Come on brother! Im going to bike night at the Pitt Stop on Jefferson Hwy if the weather holds up next Wednesday night. Meeting up with the GWRRA chapter LA-k that I just joined

I will head over Wednesday if the weather holds. This week has been a wash. Literally, and figuratively.

53driver
08-12-2016, 04:54 PM
I'll be in Daytona next week, discussing my Smuggler seat with the Corbin the installation team....

blueverclear
08-13-2016, 10:28 PM
I'll be in Daytona next week, discussing my Smuggler seat with the Corbin the installation team....

Is that good or bad???

53driver
08-13-2016, 10:44 PM

Is that good or bad???

It's going to be a good thing.

History: Unbeknownst to me, the first iteration Smugglers (including the one auctioned at the 2014 Rally) didn't quite fit correctly around the saddlebag release points, resulting in MUCH consternation upon arrival at a location and being UNABLE to open the saddlebags.

Solution: After a few phone calls, I discovered Corbin is aware of this and they offered and I accepted their terms: fix it for me - for free. I just have to get there.....so it shall be.
Cheers,
Steve