PDA

View Full Version : Ordered Russell Day Long

MotoMike
08-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Dove into the deep end today. Ordered a high zoot RDL with dual heat, driver back rest, and velour inserts for the cover and both backrests. Quite a chunk of duckets for the order, but the wife said, hey, it'll be both our birthday presents. She's a good egg. Production date is a month and a half out but I'm betting it'll be worth it.

taxfree4
08-05-2016, 06:12 PM
They started on mine today with a 2 week turnaround, one addition that I can't wait for, it should transform the whole riding experience.

seadog
08-05-2016, 09:17 PM
They started on mine today with a 2 week turnaround, one addition that I can't wait for, it should transform the whole riding experience.

The best seat I have ever had on a bike for sure, comfort was immediate, I took it out for a 45 mile ride right off the bat and was just amazed at the comfort level over the oem seat. No worries, you will be riding with a big grin on your kisser.

wiggy
08-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Had a RDL saddle on my Valkyrie Interstate after the stock seat and an Ultimate didn't work out. The Russell ended the search.

I'm thinking you'll both love yours. I've never heard of anyone who had a Russell custom made for them wanting a refund.

Broken Hand
08-06-2016, 12:40 AM
Dove into the deep end today. Ordered a high zoot RDL with dual heat, driver back rest, and velour inserts for the cover and both backrests. Quite a chunk of duckets for the order, but the wife said, hey, it'll be both our birthday presents. She's a good egg. Production date is a month and a half out but I'm betting it'll be worth it.

Congrats. Make sure to post a pic once mounted. I've never owned a seat with velour, but seems quite a few guys like the feel. Why did you choose velour?

MotoMike
08-06-2016, 09:45 AM
Congrats. Make sure to post a pic once mounted. I've never owned a seat with velour, but seems quite a few guys like the feel. Why did you choose velour?
I live a mile from the sun just outside of Vegas. I thought about heat soaked leather, then vinyl then reading about how the velour just doesn't trap the heat and cold like those two just made sense. Never thought I would opt for velour but the guy I spoke to at Russell said it wears excellent, and with the graphite color against the black vinyl sides I'm guessing it should look pretty cool. Can't wat to check it out. I will post a photo shoot when it's installed.

taxfree4
08-06-2016, 02:35 PM
The best seat I have ever had on a bike for sure, comfort was immediate, I took it out for a 45 mile ride right off the bat and was just amazed at the comfort level over the oem seat. No worries, you will be riding with a big grin on your kisser.

That's what I'm worried about, being so comfortable, because I'm going to throw it on and go for a ride and I may not stop till I get to the Pacific.

jlyon
08-06-2016, 05:51 PM
I had one on my F6B that got totaled out from under me...It had the velour in the main portion for both the driver and the passenger...

I LOVED it, and am going to get one for the new '6 as soon as I have the nickles saved...

You will NOT regret it !!!

Steve 0080
08-06-2016, 05:57 PM
Why didn't you take it off the wrecked one?