PDA

View Full Version : Franklin, NC this weekend

Big Dawg
09-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Hey, if anyone is going to be up in the Franklin area this weekend, and would like to do some riding with us, give me a shout. (912-665-1846)

My son, a friend of his, and a couple of Dark side riders form the Gl1800 forum will be meeting us up there.

Cheers!

Steve 0080
09-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Would love to come up...just to busy!!!!

Big Dawg
09-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Oh wow, what a fantastic weekend. My son, Skip (GSXR 750) his buddy, James Hinley (Triumph Speed Triple), Elrod and SC Flip (both on GL 1800's from the Dark Side rider group) and myself rode all over the hell and back up there. Skip is 20 years old and really is getting a good handle on riding the mountains. He rides smart and safe up there. What really impresses me is that he has never had a ticket! Knock on wood!!!!! His friend James has never been to the mountains before, NEVER. On the ride up there, I coached him on the proper way to handle the curves and I must admit that he impressed the hell out of me. My friends from the dark side put on a hell of a display on how to ride a wing in the twisties. James talked about that all the way home, We should have some awesome video to show after we get it compiled. Friday morning, we rolled out at daylight and we did a 350+ mile ride, all in the twisties, including Deal's Gap, most all of 28, The Cherohala, Tennessee 68, then Georgia 60 all the way to Suches, 129 N, The Richard Russell parkway to Helen Georgia, 197 around Lake Burton, Ga 76 to Clayton, Nothing like riding through 3 states in one day. Saturday we rode 28 back up then cut over at Bryson City, to Cherokee, then hit the BRP. At the intersection of 215, we ran south down to 64 then turned around an ran it back to the BRP. We stopped at the Pisgah Inn for lunch, the went back to 215. At that point we turn onto Charlie's Creek road (awesome back woods ride, I think I heard banjo's playing) then we hit 107 south to Pine creek road in Glenville, then back to Franklin. We did another short ride on Sunday before we packed up and headed home. Thankfully everyone stayed on two wheels, the only casualties were some pretty beat up tires and sore muscles, FYI, the temp was 47 degrees Saturday morning with severe clear skies.

Steve 0080
09-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Wellllllllllllll now I am jealous!!!