PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Deer!

seadog
08-06-2016, 08:26 PM
Was out on a cruise today and a couple of deer decided to field test my brakes after the recall was done and they came thru with flying colors. I love the brakes on this bike they are probably the best I have ever had. The M109R Suzuki had good brakes but these are definitely better. The ease at which it pulls this big bike down is just amazing and does it so smoothly and effortlessly. I really don't think ABS would help this bike brake any better than it does already.

stroguy
08-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Our ride today involved no animalage. But, we did get to witness a sport biker just not stop for the law. We were in the right hand lane and saw the Humble police officer in his SUV pulling into the freeway. Then the sport biker flew past us in the left lane of the three laner at about 85. 5-0 accelerated and pulled about 20 yards behind the sportage knuckle-brain. He just juiced the goose and was gone in an instant. That's typical MO here in Houston, they just don't stop.

Glad your brakes kept you with us. I need you to pay for that steak shooter owes me next month.

seadog
08-06-2016, 08:58 PM
Our ride today involved no animalage. But, we did get to witness a sport biker just not stop for the law. We were in the right hand lane and saw the Humble police officer in his SUV pulling into the freeway. Then the sport biker flew past us in the left lane of the three laner at about 85. 5-0 accelerated and pulled about 20 yards behind the sportage knuckle-brain. He just juiced the goose and was gone in an instant. That's typical MO here in Houston, they just don't stop.

Glad your brakes kept you with us. I need you to pay for that steak shooter owes me next month.

Waste of time with a Suv trying to catch a crotch rocket, Waste of gas and the officer life to even try to catch one of those. If the guy can ride the only way the cop in an SUV could catch him is he would have to screw up riding that thing. With heavy traffic it would be impossible. Only the cops radio is faster than one of those.

VStarRider
08-06-2016, 09:18 PM
Was out on a cruise today and a couple of deer decided to field test my brakes after the recall was done and they came thru with flying colors. I love the brakes on this bike they are probably the best I have ever had. The M109R Suzuki had good brakes but these are definitely better. The ease at which it pulls this big bike down is just amazing and does it so smoothly and effortlessly. I really don't think ABS would help this bike brake any better than it does already.

Had a similar experience last week. Yeah, the braking power is impressive but I would still prefer ABS. Not having to think about modulating the lever and pedal to avoid a lockup is an advantage in a panic situation.

shooter
08-06-2016, 09:28 PM

Hey Dude , I got steak money from Duke. Dog you are right. I've had some good brakes on bikes , but nothing like this. I had an incident last year with the wife on , needed everything I had. At the end I was up off the seat standing on the brake and squeezing as hard as I could with my hand. The B squatted almost to the bottom of the suspension but stayed straight. Wife wasn't ready for it and was all over me. I gotta tell ya those brakes are a definite confidence builder.

3Chief
08-06-2016, 10:56 PM
Glad you made it thru unscathed. I trust the brakes for the most part...just not the oem tires, can't wait till they wear enough to replace them.

stroguy
08-07-2016, 08:02 AM
Hey Dude , I got steak money from Duke. Dog you are right. I've had some good brakes on bikes , but nothing like this. I had an incident last year with the wife on , needed everything I had. At the end I was up off the seat standing on the brake and squeezing as hard as I could with my hand. The B squatted almost to the bottom of the suspension but stayed straight. Wife wasn't ready for it and was all over me. I gotta tell ya those brakes are a definite confidence builder.

What a goof I am. Trying to scam steaks everywhere.

VStarRider
08-07-2016, 08:44 AM
Anyone have any input on the best tires for braking? With 5300 miles, I am starting to think about the next set of rubbers.

seadog
08-07-2016, 06:17 PM
Anyone have any input on the best tires for braking? With 5300 miles, I am starting to think about the next set of rubbers.

I am hoping they are as good if not better than the Dunlop Elite 3's I use to run.

shooter
08-07-2016, 06:27 PM
What a goof I am. Trying to scam steaks everywhere.

Hey , when you're raised up poor like we were old habits die hard. Times were hard and some nights we didn't have enough steak for seconds. Its OK buddy.

shooter
08-07-2016, 06:29 PM

Well , you may not want to hear this but my contact patch on my Michelin Alpin is about 6 inches. Can you say Maximum Grip?

Steve 0080
08-07-2016, 09:04 PM
One of the best attributes of going DS is the stopping power of a much bigger patch on the road. In the rain they are amazing as well. Not trying to convert anyone but as stated, just a fact.

Both of these tires are new. Which one would you want in a downpour or at a deer crossing?

VStarRider
08-08-2016, 07:25 PM
Well , you may not want to hear this but my contact patch on my Michelin Alpin is about 6 inches. Can you say Maximum Grip?

I believe I can say that, but I am caught up on your 6 inches of rubber. "coffee"