PDA

View Full Version : Trike

phoenixrdr
08-07-2016, 09:24 AM
Just wondering here, know this will be sore subject for a lot of you. But i'm considering turning my F6 into a trike. just wondering if anyone has thoughts on which manufacture has the best kit to do it with. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Safe travels to all,,,

GaTeach
08-07-2016, 09:36 AM
Just wondering here, know this will be sore subject for a lot of you. But i'm considering turning my F6 into a trike. just wondering if anyone has thoughts on which manufacture has the best kit to do it with. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Safe travels to all,,,

Sore subject??? It's your bike! Do your thing. Member here WillyF6B triked his. He loves it.

STRaider
08-07-2016, 09:56 AM

Not a sore subject at all. No disrespect meant at all, but I have not ever had the bug for a trike, and I think barring an injury, I do not see ever wanting one. I've always wondered what the appeal is for those, and would be curious to hear yours (and others) thoughts/reasons about wanting one. :cheers:

Edit: What a coincidence. No sooner had I posted above, I checked an email, and a buddy from Tyler sent me this pic this morning. He said it was made in Troup, Tx.

Edit: FWIW, here is the manufacturer used. http://www.motortrike.com/ The one on the web page has two wheels in front.

yellow rex
08-07-2016, 09:56 AM
Do your home work on every brand from reliability, braking, fit and finish and please remember you ride a motorcycle but you drive a trike I say this because you can lean a motorcycle to change lanes but you have to turn the handle bars on a trike.
My wife of eight years has had 4 brands in this period of time and found Hannigan to be her favorite she rides 13000 miles per year.
Hannigan, Euro Wing, California Side Car. and a Road Smith for now and practice riding your trike do not do as a friend of mine did and total his trike within 50 mile of delivery.

Remember weather your on 2 wheels or 3 your still enjoying the ride and it will run as fast a you wish to ride it the wife will run 80-90mph if I don't
tell her to watch her speed and its not just me and you on the ride when she leads a group ride.

Paul B Blues
08-07-2016, 01:32 PM
Hi Mate,

I had my F6B Triked for me by these guys http://www.trikeshop.co.uk Here she is:

226624304 I am a wheelchair user and need to ride a Trike due to paralysis from the chest down. For those of us who have to ride with three wheels, you couldn't ask for a better bike to Trike.

phoenixrdr
08-07-2016, 08:09 PM
Hello to one and all. Speaking of Motortrike, i went thru the plant 2 years ago, never dreaming of owning an F6, pretty neat place whether one get's there on two wheels or three wheels. Guess the main reason i'm thinking of triking the F6 as i live on a country road that's not fit for a car let alone a motorcycle. Course everyone knows the township's are outta money for road repairs. So to answer the question as to why turn the well healed F6 into a trike, it'd be more stable on the country roads l live on. Gravel, potholes, etc. At any rate, wife's not ready to give up the horses and move to town, course i'm not either. Thanks to one and all for the replies,,,Safe travels

STRaider
08-07-2016, 09:58 PM
Hi Mate,

I had my F6B Triked for me by these guys http://www.trikeshop.co.uk Here she is:

2266222663 I am a wheelchair user and need to ride a Trike due to paralysis from the chest down. For those of us who have to ride with three wheels, you couldn't ask for a better bike to Trike.

Paul B,

Very cool that you still ride. The trike makes perfect sense, of course. The important thing is that you can still ride, and do. :cheers:

Paul B Blues
08-08-2016, 09:09 AM
Paul B,

Very cool that you still ride. The trike makes perfect sense, of course. The important thing is that you can still ride, and do. :cheers:

I love my F6B, and there's no way I'd let some like not being able to walk get in the way of enjoying my rides out :wheelchair wheelie:'riding'

junkyarddog
08-08-2016, 09:22 AM
Was going to get the wife a F6B that was triked, except.....no reverse. Adding the extra weight that a trike has, she wouldn't be able to reverse it if/when it came down to it.

opas ride
08-08-2016, 10:26 AM
"Too each his own" as they say and what works for you is great...I personally have ridden a few trikes and would never own one...I am not ready to give up my F6B yet, 76 years old, as my health and physical condition is pretty decent at this point....When the time comes that I have to quit riding, I will do so with much regret, but a nice Mustang convertible is probably in the cards!!!....Ride safe

BubbaJePH
08-08-2016, 07:18 PM
A friend of mine had his 2016 Goldwing Triked. His was done in Murray KY. by Hannigan Motorsports. www.hannigantrikes.com/ He is very happy with his. Has an extra four gallon fuel tank. Another friend has a Kawasaki Nomad Triked by the same company. I've rode with him and his corners better than other trikes in the group. Much better with the independent suspension. The front end has a "180" kit installed which is a larger front triple tree and tire (basically the same size as the rear tire) and provides a more stable ride. the bike also has a 6" longer wheel base and is about 5' wide in the rear. Very stable, no need to put your feet down or balance the bike at the start

Steve 0080
08-08-2016, 07:25 PM
"Too each his own" as they say and what works for you is great...I personally have ridden a few trikes and would never own one...I am not ready to give up my F6B yet, 76 years old, as my health and physical condition is pretty decent at this point....When the time comes that I have to quit riding, I will do so with much regret, but a nice Mustang convertible is probably in the cards!!!....Ride safe

Never is a long, long time. I am not quite ready either but when my knees give out or I can no longer hold one up, my fat ass will be on a trike chasing the young guys thru the curves !!!

DarkKnt
08-10-2016, 09:57 AM
When it gets to the point I can't ride a normal bike, for what ever reason, I hope I still have the energy and interest to try something else.. I look at it like an intermediate step between the bike and a mobility scooter:icon_biggrin: I do think I'd go the "Can Am Spyder" route though. I think that they would handle far better than a "triked" motorcycle, as they have a very sophisticated stability control system to deal with the naturally "weird" handling that is characteristic of trikes. I came across a group of Harley trikes last summer in the twisties down in the Cascades; can't say it looked like fun trying to hustle those pigs through the turns. Might have been due to the fact that each one carried at least 600lbs of rider/passenger though! (No offence meant to you large folks!) In the end though, I guess it's all about the wind in the hair.

Paul B Blues
08-10-2016, 02:02 PM
When it gets to the point I can't ride a normal bike, for what ever reason, I hope I still have the energy and interest to try something else.. I look at it like an intermediate step between the bike and a mobility scooter:icon_biggrin: I do think I'd go the "Can Am Spyder" route though. I think that they would handle far better than a "triked" motorcycle, as they have a very sophisticated stability control system to deal with the naturally "weird" handling that is characteristic of trikes. I came across a group of Harley trikes last summer in the twisties down in the Cascades; can't say it looked like fun trying to hustle those pigs through the turns. Might have been due to the fact that each one carried at least 600lbs of rider/passenger though! (No offence meant to you large folks!) In the end though, I guess it's all about the wind in the hair.

If your converted bike is set up properly it should handle nicely. My F6B is so easy to steer compared to my Rune, but she was a different kettle of fish. My wife takes my "B" in and out the garage when it's time for a wash, and even she like it!! And Steve you're right, I have my new Audi S5 and my F6B. If I had to make a choice as to which one to take for a blast, it wouldn't be the Audi....batman-smilie.