PDA

View Full Version : Baker Built AirWings ripoff killer

taxfree4
08-08-2016, 02:48 PM
Having had enough of these hillbilly ripoff artists and their snapcap cartel I dedicated 2 hours in Home Depot to find something to shut them down and I did. Drop dead you bastards, you've seen the last of my money.

https://youtu.be/oEG09I2w8og

willtill
08-08-2016, 03:17 PM
Always satisfying to find a cheaper, substitute item locally. :yes:

I destroyed my plastic bolt hole covers on my aftermarket luggage rack; a trip to Lowe's yielded the same type plastic plugs. :yes:

It is ridiculous that shipping can cost more; than the item's cost itself :no:

taxfree4
08-08-2016, 03:27 PM
I never minded anyone making money but no one, not even Baker, would pay more for shipping than the actual product but they have no problem charging it.

Patch
08-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Nice call-out on that one TF. The most USPS First Class for a "First Class Mail" envelope should cost is only $2.00 The envelopes are free at USPS (at least at the two places near me so their handling fee is over the top for sure. Then to find that same item at your local BBS for even less, and better quality from the sound of it, icing on the cake.

Here is the same item...only quantity of 100. They ship in a bag similar to what you got from Ohio....for about $0.10 per unit after shipping charge is applied, and they ship Priority Mail.

100 Pcs Screw Cap Cup Washer Hinged Cover Black For #8 Screws
by DIRECT HARDWARE
Price: $3.53 + $6.89 shipping

coffee_weasle
08-08-2016, 03:35 PM
L M A O

that was hilarious !

opas ride
08-08-2016, 03:52 PM
Having had enough of these hillbilly ripoff artists and their snapcap cartel I dedicated 2 hours in Home Depot to find something to shut them down and I did. Drop dead you bastards, you've seen the last of my money.

https://youtu.be/oEG09I2w8og

I never minded anyone making money but no one, not even Baker, would pay more for shipping than the actual product but they have no problem charging it.

Nice video and right on, but are you sure that calling the covers from Baker "Japanese Garbage" wasn't a slight slip of the tongue...As the F6B's are made in Japan and one of the best bikes available, I am pretty sure you meant to say "Chinese Garbage" instead....Regards

taxfree4
08-08-2016, 04:29 PM
Nice video and right on, but are you sure that calling the covers from Baker "Japanese Garbage" wasn't a slight slip of the tongue...As the F6B's are made in Japan and one of the best bikes available, I am pretty sure you meant to say "Chinese Garbage" instead....Regards

I was in the moment and I lose my filter but thanks for the heads up.

taxfree4
08-08-2016, 04:32 PM
Nice call-out on that one TF. The most USPS First Class for a "First Class Mail" envelope should cost is only $2.00 The envelopes are free at USPS (at least at the two places near me so their handling fee is over the top for sure. Then to find that same item at your local BBS for even less, and better quality from the sound of it, icing on the cake.

Here is the same item...only quantity of 100. They ship in a bag similar to what you got from Ohio....for about $0.10 per unit after shipping charge is applied, and they ship Priority Mail.

100 Pcs Screw Cap Cup Washer Hinged Cover Black For #8 Screws
by DIRECT HARDWARE
Price: $3.53 + $6.89 shipping

The way I lose these things I'd probably be better off buying 100 at a time.

53driver
08-08-2016, 04:52 PM
The way I lose these things I'd probably be better off buying 100 at a time.

Where do these things go on the Baker's? I don't recall seeing, installing or losing them!

taxfree4
08-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Where do these things go on the Baker's? I don't recall seeing, installing or losing them!

Steve,

Here are some pics

53driver
08-08-2016, 05:34 PM
Thanks mate. I don't have those side wings. Hence my confusion.
Cheers!

Wing'n it
08-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Nice vid and funny but here's the reason behind the padded envelope shipping instead of a conventional envelope. A bunch of years back I was a sponsored RC helicopter flier and needed some tiny tail rotor ball bearings. I ordered them from the a company in Texas and they dropped the bearings (about the diameter of a pencil eraser) loose in a standard envelope. Well it turns out the postal service has machines that sort conventional envelopes and those machines "ate" those loose bearing right through the side of that envelope. Well when my envelope arrived it came in a postal envelope with a bill for over $600 bucks for damage to the machine and my bearings were missing! I got out of it because I didn't ship them and I do not know if the company had to pay or not. That's why small item are shipped in padded envelopes however I bet it still only cost 2 or 3 bucks to mail them caps.

taxfree4
08-12-2016, 12:31 PM
Nice vid and funny but here's the reason behind the padded envelope shipping instead of a conventional envelope. A bunch of years back I was a sponsored RC helicopter flier and needed some tiny tail rotor ball bearings. I ordered them from the a company in Texas and they dropped the bearings (about the diameter of a pencil eraser) loose in a standard envelope. Well it turns out the postal service has machines that sort conventional envelopes and those machines "ate" those loose bearing right through the side of that envelope. Well when my envelope arrived it came in a postal envelope with a bill for over $600 bucks for damage to the machine and my bearings were missing! I got out of it because I didn't ship them and I do not know if the company had to pay or not. That's why small item are shipped in padded envelopes however I bet it still only cost 2 or 3 bucks to mail them caps.

2 or $3 no problem but $6, that's just ripoff BS that the they can't justify.

willtill
08-12-2016, 02:51 PM

Reminds me of another story with the post office; that I experienced long ago. :icon_lol:

When I got into reloading .50 BMG, I ordered 1500 rounds of AP ball from Pat's Reloading. Was being shipped via USPS in two of their shipping boxes; reinforced with filament tape. Of course the bozo's at the USPS sorting facility dropped one and it ruptured... all over their facility... 750 rounds of .50 rolling all over the place. :icon_doh:

The two boxes were delivered to me by a VERY irate postal inspector whom made it very clear that he did not appreciate the issues that resulted from this ammunition (he said ammunition) being shipped in such a haphazardly way. Although THEY were the ones that dropped the box in their facility.... :icon_rolleyes:

taxfree4
08-12-2016, 03:14 PM
Reminds me of another story with the post office; that I experienced long ago. :icon_lol:

When I got into reloading .50 BMG, I ordered 1500 rounds of AP ball from Pat's Reloading. Was being shipped via USPS in two of their shipping boxes; reinforced with filament tape. Of course the bozo's at the USPS sorting facility dropped one and it ruptured... all over their facility... 750 rounds of .50 rolling all over the place. :icon_doh:

The two boxes were delivered to me by a VERY irate postal inspector whom made it very clear that he did not appreciate the issues that resulted from this ammunition (he said ammunition) being shipped in such a haphazardly way. Although THEY were the ones that dropped the box in their facility.... :icon_rolleyes:

They obviously have no sense of humor, the poor guy was probably scared sheetless having all those rounds scattered all over the place and a bunch of postal workers in the vicinity. I can hear them now "I got it, no problem".

JMartin
12-10-2016, 11:13 PM
I realize this thread went to bed months ago... but I was just watching it this evening and noticed a mistake... in your favor.
You stated that the Caps were $1.80 for each bag, resulting a cost of $3.60.
But if you look closely, the $1.80 on the receipt was the total for BOTH bags of caps ($0.90 each):

Making your jab even more of a direct hit.

Just my $.02.
Jim

taxfree4
12-11-2016, 04:05 AM
I realize this thread went to bed months ago... but I was just watching it this evening and noticed a mistake... in your favor.
You stated that the Caps were $1.80 for each bag, resulting a cost of $3.60.
But if you look closely, the $1.80 on the receipt was the total for BOTH bags of caps ($0.90 each):

Making your jab even more of a direct hit.

Just my $.02.
Jim

Good eyes Jim, now I'm even more pissed off. Nothing is ever put to bed here, just mention what's the best oil, especially when it's as important as pointing out I paid half of what I thought I paid. Details are not my strong suit, thanks again.

pdxstriper
12-11-2016, 02:00 PM
Great video. I love a good rant!
Oddly, your voice doesn't at all match up to your picture.
Just sayin'

taxfree4
12-11-2016, 11:30 PM
Great video. I love a good rant!
Oddly, your voice doesn't at all match up to your picture.
Just sayin'

All those years smoking Chesterfields