PDA

View Full Version : $802 per year insurance for two F6Bs. Am I overpaying?

powercruzer13
08-08-2016, 07:54 PM
Got my bill today for next year renewal from the Lizard. Seems to be a bit more than it was a couple years back.... Two 2013 F6Bs full coverage for a year in Central Florida. :shrug::shrug:

Any suggestions on where I may check to save a couple bucks? Bikes are paid for & Florida does not require insurance on bikes but that's not my style.

stroguy
08-08-2016, 07:59 PM
$80freakin2? That crazy. I would think if you checked anywhere it would be cheaper. They had to have made an error in calculations. That's insane.

jm21ddd15
08-08-2016, 08:00 PM
Doesn't sound to far from normal. But, not knowing your age, and driving record, it is next to impossible to say if you have a good deal or not. Also, depending on the state you get the insurance from, makes a difference. 50 people with perfect driving records, and the same age and sex, will get a variety of quotes, for the exact same policy, from the same company, just because of where they live. Stuff like "city", or "rural" comes into play, too. Hope you can find a rate you can accept.

VStarRider
08-08-2016, 08:05 PM
I pay $200 per year for mine, full coverage, here in upstate NY.

But...I gotta ask...when you say "Florida does not require insurance"...please tell me you are referring to collision and comp...?!?!

They MUST require liability insurance...?

53driver
08-08-2016, 08:07 PM
What I found out:
The Under-insured / Un-insured premiums in Florida are freaking epic.

GEICO had me about the same 100k/300k etc...for the F6 and the Harley.
All State beat them by $250 for the same numbers.

Best of luck,
Steve

thunder217
08-08-2016, 08:12 PM
Here in Maryland 58 years old great driving record. No speeding tickets. $670 for two bikes F6B and M109. I thought this was good. I need to find someone else. LOL :icon_doh:

F6Dave
08-08-2016, 08:29 PM
I just paid mine. $304 per year for full coverage on four bikes. Limits are high (250/500) as well. There are so many factors (like age, driving record, type of bike, and location) that it's difficult to compare. But I believe I have some very low rates. I asked another agent for a quote and he said he wouldn't even bother trying to match what I paid.

powercruzer13
08-08-2016, 08:45 PM
I just paid mine. $304 per year for full coverage on four bikes. Limits are high (250/500) as well. There are so many factors (like age, driving record, type of bike, and location) that it's difficult to compare. But I believe I have some very low rates. I asked another agent for a quote and he said he wouldn't even bother trying to match what I paid.

What company?

Felloverboard
08-08-2016, 08:48 PM
Mostly depends on how much ins you are paying for. Is it 10/20 100/300 ?.. how much deductible ? Do you have underinsured/uninsured ? Tickets.... No answer on this forum will probably fit your exact details. Plus depending on the density of the population area you live in affects it. True you don't have to have any motorcycle ins in Fl . But we are overwhelmed with retired yankees looking for signs to Disney, not motorcycles. This is a great place to have a headlight modulator.

powercruzer13
08-08-2016, 08:49 PM
I pay $200 per year for mine, full coverage, here in upstate NY.

But...I gotta ask...when you say "Florida does not require insurance"...please tell me you are referring to collision and comp...?!?!

They MUST require liability insurance...?

Unless you owe money on it & your finance company forces you there is no insurance required. You cannot go sans helmet unless you carry a minimum coverage in Florida. I do not have to have any insurance at all on my bikes, they are paid for. However that aint my style. :icon_wink:

Felloverboard
08-08-2016, 08:54 PM
Unless you owe money on it & your finance company forces you there is no insurance required. You cannot go sans helmet unless you carry a minimum coverage in Florida. I do not have to have any insurance at all on my bikes, they are paid for. However that aint my style. :icon_wink:

If you do not wear a helmet you are required to cover 10,000 medical on yourself. That can be a regular hospital policy. No other ins is mandatory in FL for motorcycles, tho a good idea.

powercruzer13
08-08-2016, 08:56 PM
Mostly depends on how much ins you are paying for. Is it 10/20 100/300 ?.. how much deductible ? Do you have underinsured/uninsured ? Tickets.... No answer on this forum will probably fit your exact details. Plus depending on the density of the population area you live in affects it. True you don't have to have any motorcycle ins in Fl . But we are overwhelmed with retired yankees looking for signs to Disney, not motorcycles. This is a great place to have a headlight modulator.

I'm not sure the numbers. I do know I cancelled all injury protections as the wife has ass-kicking BCBS health ins through her work. 58 & 53 with very good driving records, bikes kept in garage, unincorporated area between the city of Ocala & the Ocala Natl Forest.
As a Florida native I hear you about the alien drivers.:shock::yikes:

Felloverboard
08-08-2016, 09:02 PM
Having uninsured ins in Fl is really a good idea and very expensive because 1 in 4 drivers in FL have no ins.

53driver
08-08-2016, 09:08 PM
If you do not wear a helmet you are required to cover 10,000 medical on yourself. That can be a regular hospital policy. No other ins is mandatory in FL for motorcycles, tho a good idea.

In Florida, if you are not wearing a helmet, get pulled for a primary offense - say speeding - your insurance card MUST state that the extra $10k insurance is specifically for "not wearing a helmet."

willtill
08-09-2016, 06:06 AM
Here in Maryland 58 years old great driving record. No speeding tickets. $670 for two bikes F6B and M109. I thought this was good. I need to find someone else. LOL :icon_doh:

That's better than what I am paying for my F6B and my DR650... I'm paying $845.00 ...lthough it's all full coverage and including increased liability and uninsured motorists coverage of 300K. Way above Maryland minimum requirements.

Circle-5
08-09-2016, 08:54 AM
You are all getting a good deal. In Los Angeles, I pay $605 for ONE bike with the Auto Club, as long as I don't ride more than 1,500 miles per year (!) And that's with a multiple-vehicle discount. More miles and the premium goes up accordingly. I'm 58 with a perfect driving record and I live in a good neighborhood.

Of course, my premium also includes coverage for all the illegals, who never carry insurance and just bolt south of the border if something happens. Then we have all the ambulance chasers, the "hit me I need the money" people, the insurance fraud on a massive scale, etc. Yes, we have nice weather – it's just very expensive!

Texan4life
08-09-2016, 09:22 AM
I just paid $507 for one F6b for a year. I live in Dallas Tx so the under/uninsured is a extremely high

fl1madmax
08-09-2016, 10:27 AM
Only the Bank wants it , if you pay cash, its Nada !!!!!!!! just hope it's not your fault if you total it !

VStarRider
08-09-2016, 11:18 AM

Wow. With no liability, if a motorcycle causes any damage to someone else's property, the property owner has to sue to get compensated? Amazing, especially in a state with a 12 month riding season.

HBWinger
08-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Paying $680 in Huntington Beach, CA for one 2015 F6B from AAA! That nice weather is VERY expensive. :th_sunbathe: Moving north next year, can't afford to be retired and have good weather anymore. 'freezing-cold'

F6Dave
08-09-2016, 08:11 PM
What company?

My four bikes are insured with Allstate.

Old Ryder
08-10-2016, 11:00 AM
For the F6B and a 2006 Harley Street Bob.

NOW---let's talk about insurance prices. With the new on line companies (Geico, Progressive. etc) You can buy as little or as much coverage as you want and the price reflects what you are paying for. I recently found out that while I have a generous dollar coverage, my bike is covered by my auto policy if it is being towed on a trailer. Allstate and State Farm wanted over $1200 per year to cover a single bike (F6B). Where you live has a lot to do with the price. I am told that NC is one of the very few states left that does not have "No Fault" insurance.

BTW---last ticket was 1986 and last accident was 1977.

Wing'n it
08-10-2016, 07:09 PM
Just got my bill to, $428.00 year full coverage and that includes 5k worth of accessories. Ohio's rates are based on cc's of the engine, not too many above the 1832 of the Wing's.

terryboyle
08-10-2016, 09:20 PM
No tickets, no accidents, $1500 a year in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. And we don't get to drive 12 months of the year.:banghead::banghead: