PDA

View Full Version : Saw this on VTX form

gordonrule
09-12-2013, 07:45 PM
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?353465-f6b-a-failure&goto=newpost

chipmaker
09-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Not sure I care what a bunch of Harley wanna-bes say. And I hope the F6b is a one and done...

Scotrod
09-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Eh, nothing new there that ya can't read elsewhere.
2 bikes ago, I had a VTX1800C. Great bike,,, top heavy, but great otherwise. When Honda quashed the VTX line, VTX'ers, myself included, had 'fantasies' that they'd bring back an 1800 twin. Looks like those fantasies are still active in some of the members on that forum today. Can't blame 'em for that, but wish in one hand, poop in the other,,,

Wonder how much $$$ the OP has in his VTX with the HARLEY DAVIDSON:shhh: fairing and QQ bags??? :icon_doh:

FWIW, they is WAY more usable saddlebag room in a F6B than my old Stratoliner had, even with 'Deluxe' bags. Key word is 'usable'. Yami bags were skinny, long, and curved. Great for hauling 2 monster-sized banana's!!!! Still, If I had to choose between a Strat and a VTX,,,, sorry VTX, I'll take the Strat.

Phantom
09-12-2013, 10:07 PM
There will always be those that think their ride is superior to another, Haters are everywhere.

I purchase my vehicles because they appeal to ME regardless of what other forums think. One of my bikes is a Honda Rune, heard about those that hated it and those that love it, I didn't care, I bought it because I liked it and still do.

The F6B is a love - hate bike in the motorcycle community. I could care less what others think, I LIKE IT !!!

I rode a VTX1800 once, my buddy and I swapped rides for an hour, he rode my Rune and I his VTX .... after that hour I wanted my Rune back. Give me the smoothness of the flat 6 engine any day.

:banghead:

bobbyf6b
09-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Not sure I care what a bunch of Harley wanna-bes say. And I hope the F6b is a one and done...

:icon_ditto:

I traded my Street Glide for the F6B. The bags on this bike are much more usable and probably hold more. And I have a plug for my iPod.

No after market parts yet, so why should I buy it? seat really uncomfortable no one is making a replacement yet.

Where do they come up with this stuff? :icon_doh:

Scotrod
09-12-2013, 11:12 PM
I rode a VTX1800 once, my buddy and I swapped rides for an hour, he rode my Rune and I his VTX .... after that hour I wanted my Rune back. Give me the smoothness of the flat 6 engine any day.

:banghead:

LOL!, The story goes that Honda actually engineered 'some' vibration into the 1800 on purpose,,, apparently thinking it gave the bike some character. (Remember, they were gunning for HD and its 'paint-shaker' bikes back in 02! Silky smooth / vibration free was not thought to be 'equal or better than riding a HD', or as 'powerful feeling' as a 'typical' American V-Twin)

The Vanguard 1800 mill on a VTX is ~balanced~/rubber mounted,,, Not as smooth as a flat six, but overall, not ~bad~, especially compared to some HD's at idle-1200 rpm.

I really had few complaints with my VTX1800, but I haven't had a whole lot of other bikes to compare it to either. A bit top heavy, and the dual pin crank did kinda make it sound like a tractor! :shock:

Alberta Beagle
09-12-2013, 11:59 PM
I could really care less what other bike owners say about the F6B.
I get more people who are not bikers staring at this bike and asking questions about it than I could have ever imagined.
Typically people will slam something because they are jealous. They don't have the loot to afford such a bike and make comments without basis.
Let them say what they like. All I know is this is the best handling, most comfortable and coolest looking bike I have ever owned.

Beagle

4DI2D
09-13-2013, 01:44 PM
:icon_wink: ^+1
Lots of stares and people want to touch it to make sure it's real. Batbike, SR-71, etc.
Best day was when a patch holder went back for a second look and told me how beautiful it was.
I tell the Harley guys "You won't hear me coming and you won't see me going if you blink." :icon_razz:

unsub
09-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Where do they come up with this stuff? :icon_doh:

The hillbilly telegraph.:icon_rolleyes:

I have to say that the bike really appealed to me at first glance. Why I bought a 1st edition model, something I wouldn't normally do, was because it is built on the proven GL1800 platform.

I get great positive comments on the street daily, parked, at lights, etc.. Almost everybody asks what is it? They have never seen one before. Those that knew about the F6B from trade publications say it looks fantastic in person, not at all like the picture. I did add the tall windshield and that changes the look significantly.

There is a lot of misinformation out there on this bike, mostly because of internet forums where members spout anecdotal information as gospel and others make mountains out of molehills on some nuances of the bike.

The bike is what it is, and all the complaining about what it should or shouldn't have means nothing to me.

IMHO this bike and it's style, is a sleeper. I say great if they discontinue it and great if they keep production going. It's win/win for us owners.

Edit: The lightning story on Miles has also helped in raising the profile of this bike as a long distance capable cruiser. Thanks Miles!

Now, did the lighting strike harden the paint? I'm not so sure.....:icon_biggrin:

fsixb_AZ
09-13-2013, 07:38 PM
wow, quite a bit of misinformation on that VTX site. I guarantee this, put a F6B next to a VTX and the crowd will be gathering around the F6B simply because it stands out as unique, a VTX looks like any other motorcycle with a design going back a decade or more. I love my F6B.:icon_mrgreen:

BubbaJePH
09-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Not all of us VTX owners are dissing the F6B. I am a 1300R VTX owner and joined this group because IF I were in the market for a new motorcycle, the F6B would be my only choice. I joined to learn all I can about the F6B. My wife said I should get a new truck before I get a new motorcycle. My truck is 20 years old with other 280,xxx miles and runs well. So I'll sit back and learn all I can. Thanks for such a great group.

Lunatic Fringe
09-16-2013, 11:17 PM
I had a vtx1300S for three years and joined the vtxoa forum to learn all the tips and tricks from vtx owners. Lotta good info concerning vtx's but there is a huge amount of whining about honda dropping the vtx 1800 and how honda has abandoned the cruiser market etc etc.

For me the vtx was ok, had a few minor issues and eventually just got disenchanted with bike and sold it after 3 years. Cruising just isn't my thing. I still go to vtxoa from time to time just to check out the latest complaint fest, its cheap entertainment.

dickiedeals
09-17-2013, 09:06 PM
I traded my 2011 Road Glide Ultra for my F6B. Got tired of IT in the shop every 3 to 5 thousand miles for major repairs. I ride with a club that consists of Harley Riders. They think I fell on my head. I just smile, put the wind in my face, and let them suck Honda fumes. I love my F6B
Dickie

bobbyf6b
09-17-2013, 11:28 PM
I traded my 2011 Road Glide Ultra for my F6B. Got tired of IT in the shop every 3 to 5 thousand miles for major repairs. I ride with a club that consists of Harley Riders. They think I fell on my head. I just smile, put the wind in my face, and let them suck Honda fumes. I love my F6B
Dickie

Welcome Dickie! I'm going through the same thing. Traded my Street Glide. All my HOG friends can't believe there's anything else out there but HD. After being trapped in the HD box for a while, I'm glad to be outside the box again.