PDA

View Full Version : Wobble

TDH
08-08-2016, 09:12 PM
Just changed tires to the Elite 4's. Now i have a wobble in the front at 30 to 40mph. Common on wings but has anyone experienced any issue with the f6B.

bertrider
08-08-2016, 09:28 PM
Some front Elite 3's will cause that same wobble. My mechanic recommends a Bridgestone front for that reason and a Dunlop rear for mileage. He smiled when I told him some of you guys were reporting front end wobble with the 4's. Not funny, though.

Dirtstiff's F6B
08-08-2016, 10:51 PM
Yep,

I just mounted E4's. 3000+ miles ago.
And I had a more pronounced front end wobble from the start.
I've since re torqued the pinch bolts and checked and re torqued my super brace. It helped a small bit..

I had a very slight wobble with the oem stones.
I think your mechanic gave you good advice.

Jim

Jimmytee
08-09-2016, 05:17 AM
I'm on the thrid set of Stones on my F6B. It's odd, because as far as I can remember, I had the slight wobble between 37 and 41 mph give or take 1 or so. When I put the 2nd set on, the wobble completely went away, gone zip zero nada. Led me to think there was something with the original tires. Put on the third set and the same wobble came right back.:shrug:

Steve 0080
08-09-2016, 08:08 AM
Try the Ax BT45...

opas ride
08-09-2016, 08:48 AM
Just changed tires to the Elite 4's. Now i have a wobble in the front at 30 to 40mph. Common on wings but has anyone experienced any issue with the f6B.
Noticed a slight wobble at first few hundred miles when slowing down at times, but no issue now that concerns me at all...BTW, I am not one of those riders that take my hands off the bars to check for wobbles!!!!...Ride safe

cueman
08-09-2016, 10:46 AM
I wonder if balancing beads would fix this issue? Any folks already tried? .batman-smilie. cueman

Chas
08-09-2016, 01:37 PM
I run Metzler 888 front and rear with the beads and no wobble at all. Gotta love those beads, they really help all through the life of the tire. :biggthumpup:

thunder217
08-10-2016, 12:41 AM
I noticed a slight wobble once the second tire I had mounted on the front had a few miles pounded on it. I installed the front brace and it made the steering stiffer but the ever so slight wobble is still there. I never had a wobble on the original factory tire and I installed the same tire. I think our wobble has more to do with the actual tire and the amount of air in the tire. I'm going to test different tire pressures next. The current tire has moderate ware but does have a strange wear pattern. Going to change front tire this season to see if it makes a difference on the wobble. I'm almost sure its the tire. :yikes:

Jimmytee
08-10-2016, 04:00 AM
I noticed a slight wobble once the second tire I had mounted on the front had a few miles pounded on it. I installed the front brace and it made the steering stiffer but the ever so slight wobble is still there. I never had a wobble on the original factory tire and I installed the same tire. I think our wobble has more to do with the actual tire and the amount of air in the tire. I'm going to test different tire pressures next. The current tire has moderate ware but does have a strange wear pattern. Going to change front tire this season to see if it makes a difference on the wobble. I'm almost sure its the tire. :yikes:

As I stated in my above post, I had the slight wobble between 37 and 40 mph when it was new. 1st tire change and using the Stones, the wobble was completely gone. When I put on the third set, still using the Stones, the wobble returned. Running the factory prescribed air pressures the whole time.

TDH
08-11-2016, 03:36 PM

Pulled the Elite 4 and went back to stock. No wobble! I think there are many reasons for it happening but I think in my case the bike didn't like the heavier and more solid tire. Not sure but I am happy it is gone. Thanks guys!