PDA

View Full Version : Great Ride Northeastern Lower Peninsula Michigan

RTaz
08-09-2016, 03:47 PM
First ride of any distance today on my F6B,only rode about 170 miles but it was enough for me to get a good feel for the bike. I have had 5 Honda Valkyries and I still own an 01 Interstate which I bought new, I have to admit that this bike will definitely prolong my riding career. It handles beautifully, the ride is comfortable the power is great. With all my bikes in the past I modified a lot of things but with this bike I believe it will be just comforts, I must be getting old but loud pipes are now replaced with loud music, flashy paint and lots of chrome is replaced with coffee and bottle holders. I love the style and the lines of the bike just the way it is. I have always done my own maintenance on my bikes, now I'm buying an extended warranty and only plan to change my own oil.
I am lucky to live in an area of Michigan that is rich in National Forests , hills, and several inland lakes not to mention the AuSable river and the coastline of Lake Huron. My wife (Devl) has a Can am Spyder and we love riding Northern Michigan and will soon be heading up to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and cruising our favorite roads up there. If anyone ever comes through this part of the country feel free to give us a holler we have plenty of room and great roads with very little traffic.

opas ride
08-09-2016, 04:19 PM
First ride of any distance today on my F6B,only rode about 170 miles but it was enough for me to get a good feel for the bike. I have had 5 Honda Valkyries and I still own an 01 Interstate which I bought new, I have to admit that this bike will definitely prolong my riding career. It handles beautifully, the ride is comfortable the power is great. With all my bikes in the past I modified a lot of things but with this bike I believe it will be just comforts, I must be getting old but loud pipes are now replaced with loud music, flashy paint and lots of chrome is replaced with coffee and bottle holders. I love the style and the lines of the bike just the way it is. I have always done my own maintenance on my bikes, now I'm buying an extended warranty and only plan to change my own oil.
I am lucky to live in an area of Michigan that is rich in National Forests , hills, and several inland lakes not to mention the AuSable river and the coastline of Lake Huron. My wife (Devl) has a Can am Spyder and we love riding Northern Michigan and will soon be heading up to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and cruising our favorite roads up there. If anyone ever comes through this part of the country feel free to give us a holler we have plenty of room and great roads with very little traffic.

There are 3 of us that ride F6B's in Michigan that are members on this board, at least ones that I am aware of,that ride a lot in the State.
myself, in Commerce Twp., F6B1911 in St. Clair Shores, and Seadog in Cadillac...Maybe we should try to meet up somewhere in the center of the state??...and take a nice Michigan ride before the weather gets bad....Any suggestions welcome....Ride safe

RTaz
08-09-2016, 04:26 PM
There are 3 of us that ride F6B's in Michigan that are members on this board, at least ones that I am aware of,that ride a lot in the State.
myself, in Commerce Twp., F6B1911 in St. Clair Shores, and Seadog in Cadillac...Maybe we should try to meet up somewhere in the center of the state??...and take a nice Michigan ride before the weather gets bad....Any suggestions welcome....Ride safe

If you've ever ridden up to River Road and Lumberman's monument along the AuSable River or along the North ridge of the highbanks of the National forest I recommend you do. I could offer to put on a BBQ up here if folks are interested or ride over to say Cop's and donuts in Clare.

opas ride
08-09-2016, 07:24 PM
If you've ever ridden up to River Road and Lumberman's monument along the AuSable River or along the North ridge of the highbanks of the National forest I recommend you do. I could offer to put on a BBQ up here if folks are interested or ride over to say Cop's and donuts in Clare.

If I get any interest from the other F6B riders, I will send you a private e-mail and we can discuss some possibilities....Regards

seadog
08-09-2016, 08:49 PM
I am always up for a good ride around Michigan, I just went thru Oscoda about 3 weeks ago and definitely like that area as well as M22 on the west side of the state and M119 up thru Harbor Springs and the Tunnel of trees. Got the B going in for a front tire and antifreeze change in Mt Pleasant next Tuesday the 16th but other than that I am good to go.

RTaz
08-09-2016, 09:06 PM
My wife Devl and I are heading to the UP next week, she rides a can am Spyder...we will be free after that.

F6B1911
08-09-2016, 09:26 PM
Ya just gotta love US23 from Au Gres to the bridge, count me in.

Dave Ritsema
08-10-2016, 05:31 AM
Bob and Devl are good people:yes: Always enjoy spending time with them!

adventurous1
08-11-2016, 10:53 PM

When does the weather start getting bad? Going x country first week in Sept from Los Angeles. Born and raised in Deeeeeetroit and the area but haven't been in the UP in 45 ish years.

Cleaver1
08-12-2016, 02:16 AM
Hey, keep me in the loop for a ride-in in Michigan. I'm from Harrison, in the center of the state. Our Moose group rides every Thursday somewhere in Michigan, usually about a 180 - 200 mile day.
RTaz and Delv are good people, I've rode with them in the Valkyrie group

Marty

RTaz
08-12-2016, 06:05 AM
When does the weather start getting bad? Going x country first week in Sept from Los Angeles. Born and raised in Deeeeeetroit and the area but haven't been in the UP in 45 ish years.

I usually ride through October but weather in Michigan can change quickly. In September you can expect day time temps in the UP anywhere from upper seventies to lower fifties. Warm days but very cool nights.

RTaz
08-12-2016, 06:07 AM
Hey, keep me in the loop for a ride-in in Michigan. I'm from Harrison, in the center of the state. Our Moose group rides every Thursday somewhere in Michigan, usually about a 180 - 200 mile day.
RTaz and Delv are good people, I've rode with them in the Valkyrie group

Marty

Hi Marty it's been a long time good to hear from you. We we get something put together I will send you a pm.