PDA

View Full Version : So do you have 15K laying around?????

Old Ryder
08-10-2016, 02:45 PM
http://eastnc.craigslist.org/mcy/5705831018.html

B model---does not appear to be a scam as there is a legit telephone number attached to it with correct area code.

53driver
08-10-2016, 02:50 PM
...dang....

Old Ryder - my wife may be hunting you down....

Davidk
08-10-2016, 03:47 PM
Man, I love the Rune. Almost bought one, but with scare and expensive parts and me not being a wrench, I decided against buying a 12-year-0ld bike

seadog
08-10-2016, 05:07 PM
Tired of polish the bugs off the darn chrome. Now don't get me wrong I love chrome but not a ton of it. I was more than happy to trade off my M109R Suzuki Boulevard and get a bike with minimal amounts of Chrome that didn't suck up all the bugs in the neighborhood. I did put chrome pipes on and a few chrome goodies but shuttle touches not over the top chrome like is on the Rune. That is the last bike I would want at this late stage of the game:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Steve 0080
08-10-2016, 06:13 PM
To Much $$$$ Parts no longer on the shelf...will be expensive to have one made !

Wing'n it
08-10-2016, 07:00 PM
Looks like it's a custom car dealer that has it for sale.

Old Ryder
08-11-2016, 03:57 PM
...dang....

Old Ryder - my wife may be hunting you down....

Yea, with 2 bikes in the garage already if my wife knew I EVEN LOOKED on Craigslist at motorcycles I would be hiding where neither of them could find me. :duck:

I have always loved the Rune. But to be honest, there is a reason my B has about the same amount of miles after 1 1/2 years as that ones does in 10+ years. And yea, remember that is splitting time with bike #2.

With something like that, I think there is more joy in looking at it than actually riding it. If I did own it, it would see some miles during Bike Week and then I would spend more time showing it off with phone pictures. Some bikes are made for riding and some are made for "showing off". I think it is called Pride of Ownership and is suppose to display your good taste in all things cool. And this is certainly cool.

It reminds me a bit of my sister in law's formal living room. It is all decked out with fancy French furniture, paintings on the wall and thick carpet---but nobody is allowed to go inside unless it is a special occasion. I call it "the museum". Made for looking at only. And OMG if you carry any food in there your life is in danger.

gray rider
08-11-2016, 05:15 PM
If money were no object I would have kept my Rune. I traded it at the end of last season for a new GW CSC Viper trike which turned out to be a good decision because I had a stroke on May 30th. The trike will be my best MC option when I recover more fully. Meanwhile, my F6B and other bikes are gathering cobwebs. The Rune was beautiful eye candy but as stated, parts availability is getting thin and expensive. I found that every time I parked the Rune the public could not keep their hands off it. It was just a matter of time before someone dumped it on its side leaving me with a huge repair problem. Have I become too paranoid?

lgjhn
08-12-2016, 11:48 AM
I cannot look. I cannot go there. My wife would literally kill me.

woody
08-12-2016, 03:45 PM
They fetch a little more here in Australia there is one listed on "Bikepoint" for $44,000.