PDA

View Full Version : Just a little love for the mirrors and horn

unsub
08-10-2016, 03:35 PM
I know the mirrors and the horn, two little nondescript accessories on the F6B. Or are they?

I have to say easily the BEST mirrors on any bike I've owned. The best stock horn on any motorcycle I've ever owned.

That combination makes situational awareness much easier, and sounding warnings like you mean business. Both add significant safety to your ride.

53driver
08-10-2016, 03:36 PM
+1 on that horn. Gets attention quite quickly!

Donncat
08-10-2016, 03:39 PM
I couldn't agree more. Best stock horn I have ever heard in 49 years riding and 6 GWs. And mirrors, without a doubt , forward enough if I cant see you I can hear you. :clap2:

ADV67
08-10-2016, 04:13 PM
Those F6B mirrors are just great! Never had anything like it in over 30 years of riding and owning many many bikes! :yes:
Plus those headlights are very good when riding in the dark, they light up the street as if you were in a car; not many other bikes come close (except the GW).

seadog
08-10-2016, 05:01 PM
I have not found any of the accessories on this motorcycle to be anything but top notch. Who ever had a motorcycle you could back up just using the mirrors, that alone is a first. Top of the line accessories makes this the bike I was always looking for. Boy am I glad I found it.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

GNW
08-10-2016, 06:13 PM
I agree about the F6 !!
Another motorcycle ( and I had 3 of them) was the Kawasaki Voyager 1300. Great mirrors and air horn !!

98valk
08-10-2016, 06:32 PM
This is my first bike that I did not install aftermarket horns. No need!

I had a KZ1300, pre-voyager model. Great bike, pretty darn hot at stop lights. The fuel in the tank would "boil". Huge air bubbles would come up from the bottom of the tank. The tank would get too hot to touch comfortably. Still a great bike!

MisterB
08-10-2016, 06:50 PM
Before I got the F6B I was looking around for horn mods ahead of time but it just didn't look like something many people did.
Previous bike was an ST1300 and you HAD to mod the horns if you intended to be heard.
The ST1300 riders quickly found ways around the stock horn, often with Stiebel. Just don't know if it would be much help on the B.

Sometimes my jacket will catch the horn when I'm reaching to push my garage door opener in the left cubby, startles me every time. "was that ME?"
And yes, those mirrors though. Fantastic.

I had thought about making this very thread at one point!

(don't know why my image is so small. if you can't see from the pic, it's a collection of horn mod threads.)

Brewdog
08-10-2016, 07:13 PM
This is the FIRST bike I've owned that I didn't have to replace the horn! For the record, best mirrors I've had on a motorcycle yet.

willtill
08-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Same here. First bike that I have not had to replace the horn. :yes:

Vondawg
08-10-2016, 07:31 PM
+1 like car mirrors ! And horn:icon_razz:

Big Jay
08-10-2016, 09:05 PM
the horn on the B is wayyyyy better than my Honda civic's horn, mirriors are better too. :yes:

DarkKnt
08-10-2016, 11:19 PM
I've thought about trying to adapt a F6 horn to my other bike (Tuono).. I need to look it up and see just how big it is...

Navvet
08-11-2016, 01:28 PM
I know the mirrors and the horn, two little nondescript accessories on the F6B. Or are they?

I have to say easily the BEST mirrors on any bike I've owned. The best stock horn on any motorcycle I've ever owned.

That combination makes situational awareness much easier, and sounding warnings like you mean business. Both add significant safety to your ride.

:lolup::lolup: Agree completely on the mirrors and horn :lolup::lolup:

I looked at several if the mirror indicator kits out there ($199 and up) and landed on http://www.rattlebars.com/chetswing/lights.html#MIRRORS .... Completed the project for under $10. You do need to know how to solder for this one.

I also added these blind spot mirrors under my mirrors. Big improvement.

unsub
08-11-2016, 03:52 PM
:lolup::lolup: Agree completely on the mirrors and horn :lolup::lolup:

I looked at several if the mirror indicator kits out there ($199 and up) and landed on http://www.rattlebars.com/chetswing/lights.html#MIRRORS .... Completed the project for under $10. You do need to know how to solder for this one.

I also added these blind spot mirrors under my mirrors. Big improvement.

Nice. Good price too!
:yes: