PDA

View Full Version : Extended Warranty

Zyxt
08-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Extended Warranty for the F6B ... What is the best price you have found and from which dealership ?
Zyxt

Felloverboard
08-10-2016, 08:49 PM
BlueRidge powersports in VA. $499. They had said they wete going to raise to $540 tho. Hendersonville, NC matched the price when I showed them the quote on my email also.

ghost
10-04-2016, 02:44 PM
The good news-- my 2013 F6B has never needed anything more than normal periodic maintenance. The bad news-- I tried to purchase the extended warranty today, and found out that the original warranty had expired five weeks ago, and I could no longer purchase the added four year warranty. That was at Russellville Honda. I can't be the only one so stupid; is there any other warranty alternative?

stroguy
10-04-2016, 02:50 PM
Email Honda directly maybe?

VStarRider
10-04-2016, 04:53 PM
With the model apparently discontinued, should this impact my decision on the extended warranty? I still have two years left to decide and was leaning against it up until today.

stroguy
10-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Well I paid $400 for my extended warranty. That was a no brainer when you divide it into months of coverage. I can do without a couple large pepperoni pizzas each month in case my engine takes a major dump on the side of the road.

ReserveBum
10-04-2016, 06:58 PM
The good news-- my 2013 F6B has never needed anything more than normal periodic maintenance. The bad news-- I tried to purchase the extended warranty today, and found out that the original warranty had expired five weeks ago, and I could no longer purchase the added four year warranty. That was at Russellville Honda. I can't be the only one so stupid; is there any other warranty alternative?
I went to the rally with the plan of buying the three year extended warranty in person from Honda of Russelville. I bought my bike (2013 Deluxe w/ 65 miles (35 was my test ride)) in April of 14. I specifically asked when the warranty starts...answer was when you take it out of the showroom. Great i say.
Fast forward 2 1/2 years and I'm sitting in Honda of Russelville with a dumb look on my face as they tell me not only can I not get an extended warranty, my bike is not under warranty at all! Whip out cell phone and on the line is sales manager from where I bought it from. Long story short, he said they made an error but cant fix it. I have no warranty and cant extend. I explain this is not a workable solution. He tells me he will speak with owner and call me back. 30 minutes later he calls and tells me they will give me a used bike warranty for three years that covers exact same as extended warranty for his cost of $290. I take deal and he says they will send receipt in mail. When I get home I look at it and its for only two years. I call him and he tells me they dont offer anything longer than two years. Why, I ask, did you tell me I was buying a three year when you only provided two? Well I must have misspoken is his answer. Now I gotta make that 100 mile trip and have a conversation with the owner.
From what I gather if you owned the bike as original owner you are not supposed to get a factory used bike warranty...there are non Honda alternatives but I cannot speak to them

53driver
10-04-2016, 07:25 PM
FWIW: Another source for an extended warranty at a good price might be this:

Max's Honda of Abilene
Al Miller
"Full 4 Year Honda Warranty. $425"

I've not done it.
I haven't called them yet.
Just some gouge I picked up today.

willtill
10-04-2016, 08:13 PM
$425.00 sure beats what I paid Russellville Honda over a week or so ago. :banghead:

So much for supporting the forum vendors. I feel :bendover:

Oh well :icon_doh:

stroguy
10-04-2016, 08:16 PM
Thanks for keeping the forum up and running will. You da man!

willtill
10-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Thanks for keeping the forum up and running will. You da man!

Ya....

:tissue:

Greg O
10-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Storm Lake Honda in Iowa quoted me about a year ago 425 without roadside and 525 with roadside he told me call anytime your ready,and he pm'ed me on this site.

Switchmonkey
10-04-2016, 08:29 PM
7 yr unlimited mileage. Thrown in with purchase price, along with some accessories.

Phantom
10-04-2016, 10:26 PM
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead: ............ :diggin_smilie:

Our SUPPORTING Vendors are not guaranteed any exclusivity, however we encourage that you please support them as they support us and help keep this website running while also contributing towards our Rally. Members benefit greatly on the Rally auction items that are sold in many cases below market value and some Rally attendees win door prizes thanks to the generosity of our supporting vendors.

Of the above mentioned dealers ..... I believe it was ONLY Honda of Russellville that provided support, a tech session and also donated towards the F6B RALLY

Just saying .... we are all in this together, we are a family. Let's try to not shot his foot Time for a strong one, good night

stroguy
10-04-2016, 10:50 PM
Concussion protocol for Tony.

But yes, supporting the vendors is most certainly helping your cause here. I just got my small package from one of them yesterday. Two items I could of had a bit cheaper, but the other two were the cheapest I could find. Might as well buy from them to help myself here.

Thanks to the vendors and Phantom.

Felloverboard
10-05-2016, 06:56 AM
If you have only one issue of any substance in a 7 year period you will wish you had paid 700 or 800 for an extended warranty. Years 4 to 7 is what the extended warranty covers, the years that would more likely find an issue if there is going to be one. Also , if you sell in years 4 to 7 the buyer will be more likely to pay a higher price for a bike still under factory warranty.

willtill
10-05-2016, 07:58 AM
If you have only one issue of any substance in a 7 year period you will wish you had paid 700 or 800 for an extended warranty. Years 4 to 7 is what the extended warranty covers, the years that would more likely find an issue if there is going to be one. Also , if you sell in years 4 to 7 the buyer will be more likely to pay a higher price for a bike still under factory warranty.

It's actually three to seven years; for how the extended warranty works. :039:

And yes, it definitely will save you more bacon in the long run... if you have to use it.

53driver
10-05-2016, 08:36 PM
Again, FWIW: I bought my extended warranty from Honda of Russellville for substantially more, plus I patronized them pretty damn well while at the Rally.
And no, my air cleaner service wasn't free. They did comp me the cost of the air cleaner, but I had some service work done as well as being the demo bike.
I was near 4 figures when all said and done.

Cheers,
Steve

Phantom
10-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Steve,
Thank You for patronizing HOR!

You could of just traded it in on a 2016 :icon_razz:

53driver
10-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Steve,
Thank You for patronizing HOR!

You could of just traded it in on a 2016 :icon_razz:

Negative. Isleen stays with me until one of us can no longer ride.
Right now, it's a toss up as to who goes first!
Cheers,
Steve

Phantom
10-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Negative. Isleen stays with me until one of us can no longer ride.
Right now, it's a toss up as to who goes first!
Cheers,
Steve

Knowing your attention to maintenance and preventative maintenance ...
She will easily run past 300,000 miles and then you can trike her.

:beer3:

Drive Jehu
03-07-2017, 06:53 PM

Max's Honda of Abilene
Al Miller

I've not done it.

53Driver, Good info you posted. I talked to Al today, super nice guy. His 2017 price for a Honda extended warranty is $450. Add $180 for Roadside - however he said Roadside may not be as good as it sounds as there is a limit to how many times it can be used. 3 maybe 4 times he thought without looking it up. He encouraged me to shop my local dealer first to give them a shot at it. Nice. I appreciate the info.

2wheelsforme
03-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Some new info. Did a little searching for an extended warranty and found out if bike is registered in Florida you have to get the warranty here also. I think we are the only state like that. My local place is always looking to get the most bucks they can out of a customer and quoted $825. Just down the road another place says $800. That is way higher than the $450 in Texas and $500 in Iowa. I will continue to search for a bargain. I bet south Florida is cheaper.

valkmc
03-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Some new info. Did a little searching for an extended warranty and found out if bike is registered in Florida you have to get the warranty here also. I think we are the only state like that. My local place is always looking to get the most bucks they can out of a customer and quoted $825. Just down the road another place says $800. That is way higher than the $450 in Texas and $500 in Iowa. I will continue to search for a bargain. I bet south Florida is cheaper.

I believe it is because of Florida classifying it as a Insurance policy not a warranty. That's what I was told anyway. I own land in upstate NY and I am also on my parents home as an owner. I don't have an official address and my bike is Registered in Florida but I am going to try to buy the extended warranty using my parents NY address. It doesn't seem like it would matter once you have it. Anyone ever bought one like that?

terryboyle
03-09-2017, 01:20 PM
Don't believe the US dealers can sell us the extended warranty and with the current exchange rate it would take a serious price difference if they could. What's the best price a Canadian has seen on the extended Honda warranty?

2wheelsforme
03-09-2017, 06:15 PM
I believe it is because of Florida classifying it as a Insurance policy not a warranty. That's what I was told anyway. I own land in upstate NY and I am also on my parents home as an owner. I don't have an official address and my bike is Registered in Florida but I am going to try to buy the extended warranty using my parents NY address. It doesn't seem like it would matter once you have it. Anyone ever bought one like that?

I asked if I could use a Alabama address I have and they asked where is the bike registered. Oh crap! Good luck hope you get the better price

willtill
03-09-2017, 06:25 PM
... sucks. Because I am fixing all the things that I'm finding wrong in the bike myself. I need to get an extended warranty refund from what I paid to Honda of Russellville.. before the original warranty runs out...

Just don't trust the local dealerships here with my bike; after all of the shit I've gone through with them over the years (other brands as well). The best mechanic; is the one looking back at you in the mirror.

Sabian
03-14-2017, 04:55 PM
If this is a dumb question, just add it to the others I've asked...but isn't an extended warranty honored everywhere, regardless of where's it purchased?

F6Broy
03-14-2017, 07:43 PM
Sabian, I have the same question. If you buy an extended warranty it should cover the bike anywhere in thr country. I live in Florida so I am really interested if someone has the straight information.

willtill
03-14-2017, 08:26 PM
If this is a dumb question, just add it to the others I've asked...but isn't an extended warranty honored everywhere, regardless of where's it purchased?

Yes, it is honored at all Honda service departments. It is not peculiar just from the dealership you purchased it from.

cueman
03-14-2017, 09:19 PM
Too bad you have to take it to a "Honda service department" instead of any good mechanic's shop that you may prefer IMO.

Sabian
03-15-2017, 04:02 PM
Too bad you have to take it to a "Honda service department" instead of any good mechanic's shop that you may prefer IMO.

This....

Sabian
03-15-2017, 04:02 PM
Yes, it is honored at all Honda service departments. It is not peculiar just from the dealership you purchased it from.

That's what I thought....thanks!

2wheelsforme
03-15-2017, 08:56 PM

I think yes honored everywhere once you have it. Trouble is out of state Honda dealerships tell me they can not sell one for a bike registered in FL.

Sabian
03-16-2017, 03:41 PM
Someone on another thread posted a link to an extended warranty sale through Honda Direct Line. "Honda Protection Plan Motorcycles 4-Year Warranty For Honda Goldwing GL1800, F6B Nationwide Coverage Covered repairs may be performed at any authorized Honda Motorcycle/ATV Dealership within the United States, including Hawaii and Alaska." It's on sale for $549. It doesn't say anything about Florida not being covered....

okf6b
03-16-2017, 08:53 PM
Sabian, I have the same question. If you buy an extended warranty it should cover the bike anywhere in thr country. I live in Florida so I am really interested if someone has the straight information.

If I remember correctly, Florida residents are required to purchase their extended warranty from a Florida Honda dealer. Like others have stated, the coverage is good everywhere in the US.

Bigcityd
04-23-2017, 10:46 AM
Don't believe the US dealers can sell us the extended warranty and with the current exchange rate it would take a serious price difference if they could. What's the best price a Canadian has seen on the extended Honda warranty?

Best price I could get in Canada was $1460 from Honda for an additional three years. I've messaged Russellville Honda but they've not returned my message. I've imported an American Honda car before and they wouldn't sell me an extended warranty as it was a US car and Honda actively discourages cross border shopping. I would expect that they won't sell us a US warranty on a Canadian registered bike. Let me know if you find anything thing different.

Walcrow
04-26-2017, 08:39 AM
Newbie here. I'm signing today for a new 2015 F6B Deluxe matte gray 40th model. They had it on the floor since June of 2016. After several trips, the finance manager THREW IN the extended 4 year warranty so now she's covered for 7 years/unlimited mileage. If he had not included it, the price was $600. No back and forth, screaming, pointing fingers, etc. He told me he wanted to sell another unit, period. Rear brake recall was done when they got it in last June. They sell 2014 Valks for $9900, BTW. Out the door, I feel I got a smokin' deal.

ReserveBum
04-26-2017, 07:37 PM
Newbie here. I'm signing today for a new 2015 F6B Deluxe matte gray 40th model. They had it on the floor since June of 2016. After several trips, the finance manager THREW IN the extended 4 year warranty so now she's covered for 7 years/unlimited mileage. If he had not included it, the price was $600. No back and forth, screaming, pointing fingers, etc. He told me he wanted to sell another unit, period. Rear brake recall was done when they got it in last June. They sell 2014 Valks for $9900, BTW. Out the door, I feel I got a smokin' deal.

Double check the paperwork and make sure the warranty start was when you bought it.....not when it arrived at the dealer. Dont ask how I know this but I have a used bike warranty on my new bike

Walcrow
04-26-2017, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the tip Bum. I'm headed there in the morning to sign the papers and I'll check the dates. There were 2 extended warranties available, one from Honda and one from McGraw. They told me that both were identical in content and coverage. I'll have my staff of 16 attorneys with me online and on the phone to verify all the "fine" print!!! ("I know you're wondering.....did I fire 5, or did I fire 6?") :yikes:

BIGLRY
04-27-2017, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the tip Bum. I'm headed there in the morning to sign the papers and I'll check the dates. There were 2 extended warranties available, one from Honda and one from McGraw. They told me that both were identical in content and coverage. I'll have my staff of 16 attorneys with me online and on the phone to verify all the "fine" print!!! ("I know you're wondering.....did I fire 5, or did I fire 6?") :yikes:Personally, I would only get an extended warranty from Honda due to issues I have had with off brand warranty providers. Buy a Honda warranty..... ya know it is good no matter where you, your passangers and your steel steed might need help.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c4/ef/63/c4ef633c423d7a7c1e275ab9829a5ee3.jpg

Tedubya
05-08-2017, 01:53 PM
Is $450 the best price at this time?
Does anyone know of any dealer still selling them for $400?

Todd

Walcrow
05-09-2017, 03:15 PM
At signing a few weeks ago, the dealer threw in the extended 4year/unlimited warranty, so I can't tell you how much it was 'cause it was FREE! ( I'm comfortable that it wasn't built into the selling price as the finance manager turned his screen around and showed me his cost on the F6B ). He wanted to move another unit out the door. I accommodated him as best I could.

Tedubya
05-12-2017, 12:28 PM

Max's Honda of Abilene
Al Miller

I've not done it.

Just spoke with Al
Real nice guy. straight shooter.
Purchased 48 month for the $450
Told me that Honda now offer a 60 month that he'll sale for $585.
I'm good to 2024

Thanks for the info.

Todd

Drive Jehu
06-14-2017, 06:59 PM
I bought my 4 year extended Honda warranty with towing over 2 months ago and have not thought about it since. I travel with proof of purchase but realized that I do not have the 24/7 phone number. I could use the number. BTW did you get this info at the time of purchase or did Honda send you a warranty card later?

Drive Jehu
06-15-2017, 06:22 PM
I bought my 4 year extended Honda warranty with towing over 2 months ago and have not thought about it since. I travel with proof of purchase but realized that I do not have the 24/7 phone number. I could use the number. BTW did you get this info at the time of purchase or did Honda send you a warranty card later?

For the extended warranty/towing the 24/7 Honda Roadside number is 866-697-6234.