PDA

View Full Version : I hate people that do that!

seadog
08-18-2016, 06:24 PM
Coming home on the two lane I run up to a Harley Davidson strolling along at 52 miles an hour. Between the hills we were going thru and oncoming traffic I couldn't get around him. Finally Over the next hill we came to I knew was a good passing zone, so I closed up behind him and just as we break the top of the hill I see him twist the throttle wide open. Well the oncoming traffic wasn't there so I twisted my throttle wide open. Poor guy must have thought one of his cylinders had died as the big 6 just blew him away. Probably won't try that again against another F6B. I certainly hate that, being an old truck driver and having had many four wheeler pull that stunt on my truck over the years when I was pulling out to pass a slower 4 wheeler.

JGF6B
08-18-2016, 06:31 PM
Are you sure you hated that? Really? You smoked a Harley and you're not smiling?:nono:

opas ride
08-18-2016, 06:35 PM
Are you sure you hated that? Really? You smoked a Harley and you're not smiling?:nono:

Seadog...Your my "kind of guy"...The F6B is sure a great bike in many ways....Just be careful out there because as they say "Old truckers never die, they just get a new Peterbuilt".....Ride safe

seadog
08-18-2016, 06:44 PM
Seadog...Your my "kind of guy"...The F6B is sure a great bike in many ways....Just be careful out there because as they say "Old truckers never die, they just get a new Peterbuilt".....Ride safe

My F6B is loaded down with extra coat, full rain gear, small air compressor, tire plugs, 3 full water bottles, metric tool kit, Ogio tail bag with owners manual, sunscreen, extra sunglasses, and me at 260 pounds. That guys was lucky to go 175lbs soaking wet and no bags or extra anything on the bike and I still made him look like he was riding a moped.

willtill
08-18-2016, 06:55 PM
It wasn't even a contest when you twisted the wick. It was just a huge waste of your time.

Glad you smoked him though.

Next time, hit him with the nice F6B OEM horn as you fly by him.... make him wet his Harley Davidson logo undies.... :biggthumpup:

stillridin
08-18-2016, 07:36 PM
Ya, had a Harley guy pull the same stunt on me the other day, on a nice twisty bit of local road I've probably ridden well over 1,000 times in the last 35 years. I could tell he was no where near as familiar as me with neither the road nor his bike. I was polite, gave him space so no pressure to go faster than he wanted to, but sure enough, he pins it on the only straight bit where I can safely get past him. Went by him like he was standing still, he was so embarrassed he slammed on the brakes and turned off at the first side road which all the locals know takes him back in the direction he came from, before we got to the next stop sign.

My CBR600RR looked as fast as it was, F6B is a real sleeper, even if it does weigh 800+lbs. :icon_cool:

lgjhn
08-19-2016, 09:43 PM
You guys are terrible...\snicker
Everybody knows that HD is the ultimate machine....the ultimate machine, like no other, for converting perfectly good gasoline to pure unabated noise with the least amount of horsepower.
:lolup::lolup::lolup:

choptop
08-20-2016, 05:55 AM
Everybody knows that HD is the ultimate machine....the ultimate machine, like no other, for converting perfectly good gasoline to pure unabated noise with the least amount of horsepower.

And now, deprived of their "Super Tuner"...

Chas
08-20-2016, 10:35 AM
I tend to be a little meaner with this. I go to pass the Harley and he rolls on for all he is worth. But I just stay with him side by side and watch him snicker......then I slam my throttle wide open and wave to him as I leave him wondering what happened!

willtill
08-20-2016, 11:42 AM
I tend to be a little meaner with this. I go to pass the Harley and he rolls on for all he is worth. But I just stay with him side by side and watch him snicker......then I slam my throttle wide open and wave to him as I leave him wondering what happened!

:icon_lol: That's how you do it! :icon_mrgreen:

Chas
08-20-2016, 12:05 PM
Roger that Willtill!

mikey
08-20-2016, 02:45 PM
Yeah, and the harley pilots that have invested lots of money in "performance upgrades" really do not like getting passed. Iv'e done my fair share of passin' em, then they ignore you if they catch back up. My 6 has become like an old friend. Rode all over eastern Oklahoma from Ga. this summer. Ride to work a lot. Cant beat em!

53driver
08-20-2016, 03:06 PM
Heading home from Daytona on the 10W yesterday. Doing my usual +9.
Road Glide comes flying up doing 90+.
I let him go by, let him get a ways ahead of me.
Then I was right next to him and the look on his face was priceless.
We ran together for 40+ miles at well above legal speeds until he exited.
Then I went back to +9.
Do-dee-do....

mikey
08-20-2016, 03:15 PM
Heading home from Daytona on the 10W yesterday. Doing my usual +9.
Road Glide comes flying up doing 90+.
I let him go by, let him get a ways ahead of me.
Then I was right next to him and the look on his face was priceless.
We ran together for 40+ miles at well above legal speeds until he exited.
Then I went back to +9.
Do-dee-do....

Them pirates are sayin' under their novelty helmets "dam them smart- ass gold wingers!

opas ride
08-20-2016, 09:13 PM

I also enjoy an occasional "Harley blow off", and have done so with a couple of Victory's that were trying to play games....But, don't try it against a BMW R1200RT, or BMW 1600 GT as you will get beat!!!....I know this for a fact and don't ask why....Ride safe

Ericb445
08-21-2016, 08:30 PM
My gripe, is when I come up on a pack or even a solo rider, just putting along. Then the road gets a little twisty and they come a damn near stop through the turns.
Drives me nuts..I will give them a chance just see what they are made of and if they ride like me, I will stay to the rear.
Most of the time I pass them when it's safe to do so.

Penguin
08-22-2016, 11:03 AM

+1:clap2: