PDA

View Full Version : Bike Rentals

tinkerman
08-21-2016, 04:29 AM
Hello All,

Considering changing up the way I attend the Russellville rally due to my free time getting a little crowed as we move into the fall. Previously I was going to bike both ways from the north east which would be a couple weeks at least....more likely three. Now considering flying down which saves the road time and actually a significant amount of dollars but just as importantly frees up some time for some other fall activities like moose hunting.

Has anybody used Eagle Rider bike rentals or is anyone aware of another bike rental option down that way.

I was speaking to Eagle Rider and there are machines available in Memphis which would be great.

Appreciate any input that folk may contribute.

tink

Nuke
08-21-2016, 05:20 AM
Hello All,

Considering changing up the way I attend the Russellville rally due to my free time getting a little crowed as we move into the fall. Previously I was going to bike both ways from the north east which would be a couple weeks at least....more likely three. Now considering flying down which saves the road time and actually a significant amount of dollars but just as importantly frees up some time for some other fall activities like moose hunting.

Has anybody used Eagle Rider bike rentals or is anyone aware of another bike rental option down that way.

I was speaking to Eagle Rider and there are machines available in Memphis which would be great.

tink

I believe Eagle rider has a office in Atlanta, and you can rent a goldwing, at least they did a couple years ago.

yellow rex
08-21-2016, 08:53 AM
I believe they also have a office in Tulsa Ok at Action Cycle.

stroguy
08-21-2016, 09:00 AM
Probably not very cheap. Wife and I are heading to Reno for our 30th. I wanted to rent a bike for a ride around Lake Tahoe. HD dealer there has them for $149 a day with a $2000 deposit. Think we will just stay on 4 wheels.

tinkerman
08-23-2016, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

Quite a few of the reviews online were less than positive. I am going to phone the Nashville outlet later today and have a talk with the staff there and see how it goes.

Pretty much the only way I will be able to do the Russellville trip at this point. Hopefully I can get a warm fuzzy feeling about the whole thing.

tink

stevenolts
08-23-2016, 07:35 AM
Probably not very cheap. Wife and I are heading to Reno for our 30th. I wanted to rent a bike for a ride around Lake Tahoe. HD dealer there has them for $149 a day with a $2000 deposit. Think we will just stay on 4 wheels.

That might be worth the $149.00 at Lake Tahoe (usually that would be too much money since I ride every day). I have been there a few times and it is beautiful. That would be a great place to cruise around on a bike.
Steve

Cobraguy
08-23-2016, 09:36 AM
Yes I've used Eagle Rider a few of times. Yes some sites do have Goldwings. They run around $125 a day. I have always gotten good service from them.

kenny urban
08-23-2016, 09:37 AM
Hello All,

tinka buddy of mine and Myself did this three years ago,,flew from seattle to knottsville,,took a taxi across the freeway to our hotel,,two hours later the company showed-UP with TWO Goldwings on a trailer, when they left, we started putting-ON gps and gerbing wiring,,we rode 7-DAYS and Put-ON 1,735 miles,,DIFF. hotel in Diff. city each nite,,we got back 8 days later, and ONE-Hour later,,they were there to pick Them-UP,,saved-US 4 days of vacation to ride EACH way across the country= 8 days,, GREAT way to save Vacation time for OTHER rides during the year,,I will do this again,,KennyU, Seattle WA.

Cobraguy
08-25-2016, 09:25 AM
You can also join Eagleriders club http://www.eaglerider.com/motorcycle-club . You get free rentals and other deals and discounts. Using my free rental to try out a Beemer adventure/tour style.

If you sign up pm me first- I get referral goodies