PDA

View Full Version : Almost a new F6B owner

StonedInNy
08-21-2016, 07:20 AM
Hi all, Been reading the forums for a few months now and want to say thanks for helping me make my decision to buy the bike.
As my sportbike days are long gone and my last bike (Triumph Tiger Xc) is now sold. I find my bike trips are getting longer and longer and my upper back just doesn't agree. After sitting on the B (multiple times) at the dealer I think it will make my rides more enjoyable. Being 5,9" I always ran helibars and Russel day long sport seats. Both great products,just expensive.
Anyway just saying Hello to a you all and can't wait to pick up the new ride. 2016 deluxe matte silver.

pickensace
08-21-2016, 07:38 AM
:039:Welcome. You will love this motorcycle. Ride Safe!!

seadog
08-21-2016, 07:39 AM
I see you chose the fastest color, some might not agree but I get more compliments on my 2015 matte silver deluxe but it hard for them to see it as I go by so fast.LOL Anyway the matte finish cleans up nicely with a wet microfiber towel and a dry one to chase it with. I discovered that one day when I was out riding and a big bug blasted the front end and up onto the bagger shield windshield. all I had on me was a microfiber towel and some water bottles The dried bugs on the front end wiped off so fast I couldn't believe it. I have been cleaning it this way ever since. Not because it's cheap but just because it works better than anything else I had been using.

StonedInNy
08-21-2016, 07:47 AM
Thanks sea dog for the advice. I just read the thread the other day about cleaning the matte finish.

Anyone have any reviews about traxxion dianamics suspension? I think my first trip on the B in October. Will b from Ny to Georgia for some suspension love.

Sonny
08-21-2016, 07:58 AM
Welcome. I think you are making the right choice. I absolutely love this bike and this color.

Bob Penn
08-21-2016, 09:36 AM
Sorry to hear you spent all that money! Glad to hear you spent it wisely. Now go out and enjoy riding the damn thing. 'riding'

Bdog
08-21-2016, 10:05 AM
I also have a 2015 Matte Silver "B". Every time someone new sees it they comment on how much they like the color and matte finish. I've had a couple of full Goldwings and Harleys in the past but this one by far is the most fun to ride. I'm sure you will feel the same way.

opas ride
08-21-2016, 10:09 AM
Hi all, Been reading the forums for a few months now and want to say thanks for helping me make my decision to buy the bike.
As my sportbike days are long gone and my last bike (Triumph Tiger Xc) is now sold. I find my bike trips are getting longer and longer and my upper back just doesn't agree. After sitting on the B (multiple times) at the dealer I think it will make my rides more enjoyable. Being 5,9" I always ran helibars and Russel day long sport seats. Both great products,just expensive.
Anyway just saying Hello to a you all and can't wait to pick up the new ride. 2016 deluxe matte silver.
Ride it for while before you start spending a "bunch of bucks" on seats, windshields, and bars....I am also 5'9" with a short inseam and have found the Baggershield, and Mustang seat works fine for me...Not going to spend a lot of money on Heli-bars and other options as I enjoy the bike now and don't feel the need to change things at this point....Good luck and ride safe

taxfree4
08-21-2016, 11:58 AM
Welcome, you will love this bike not only for its' power, handling and smoothness but most of all its' liquid cooling and high speed fans especially when that Belt Parkway, LIE, Northern State, Southern State comes to a standstill on a hot day in the summer. My Russell Day Long is coming Tuesday, video to follow, so it'll make this ultra comfortable bike even more so now.

Nightwing_67
08-21-2016, 12:01 PM
Congratulations and .welcome20. To the forum...being the owner of the Killa Frost one, it has turned many a heads as i go by them...i did change over to helibars and LOVE THEM! cleaning has been easy. And the ride is awesome. Again, welcome and ride safe.

unsub
08-21-2016, 01:24 PM
Red, Black, Silver, Yellow, Blue or White.

UpsideDown they all look the same! Just make sure yours is NEVER upside down!

.welcome20. to the B hive.

StonedInNy
08-22-2016, 04:47 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm super excited to pick this bike up in 2 weeks.

53driver
08-22-2016, 12:37 PM
PLEASE make sure your dealer checks the final drive fluid level!

Also, check out these handy tidbits for new owners:
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9094-New-F6B-Owners-Here-s-some-collected-gouge-to-get-you-going-Updated-27-Jul-2016

StonedInNy
08-22-2016, 03:06 PM
PLEASE make sure your dealer checks the final drive fluid level!

Also, check out these handy tidbits for new owners:
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9094-New-F6B-Owners-Here-s-some-collected-gouge-to-get-you-going-Updated-27-Jul-2016

will do driver thx

Steve 0080
08-22-2016, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm super excited to pick this bike up in 2 weeks.

That's two weeks I could not sleep !!!!!