PDA

View Full Version : rode a 2012 full blown wing today

xzvs
09-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Im talking loaded nav system and everything. Man If you didn't look down you wouldn't know you were basically on the same bike. It was sweet don't get me wrong but I don't like having to sit in one spot -- I want to move around on the seat and the wing just wont let you (or its way uncomfortable). It didnt seem to launch or accelerate like the f6 either (mind you this is a customers bike so I am NOT gonna raw hide it). I thought I would want reverse on the f6 but after backing the wing i realized it was just as much work keeping it upright and watching my footing that I could have just pushed it faster as it just c r e e p s. It has a little over 13k on the clock and it has this REALLY annoying high pitch whistle coming from the engine. It didn't turn heads like the f6 does either. So, in short I am going to recommend that the center stand, cruise control, and navi system are causing all his problems and should immediately be removed and placed on my bike for proper disposal :icon_cool: . (JK)

MercuryF1
09-14-2013, 03:05 AM
I actually prefer the seats on the GL1800 hence thinking of ordering a Corbin for my bike. i like the GL1800 a lot too!

chipmaker
09-14-2013, 04:20 AM
I demo'd the win over 6 times and always loved the drive train, but never the locked in seating position. When I saw the F6B with it's flat sport bike seat, I fell in love.

Texas TC
09-14-2013, 08:26 AM
I traded my '12 "full blown Wing" for my F6B. Both are great motorcycles but the F6B has a more comfortable and better positioned seat. Past that, there is just no comparison as to how much quicker, nimble, and fun the F6B is over its predicessor. I do not miss the extras that accompanied the GL1800. The new bike has everything I need.

chipmaker
09-14-2013, 03:28 PM
I think my near perfect bike would be a gl1800 with F6B seat and detachable factory top box. Need it from Honda, don't like MBL Kit.

xzvs
09-15-2013, 10:53 AM
really wanna know what that engine whistle was -- super annoying

Texas TC
09-15-2013, 11:49 AM
really wanna know what that engine whistle was -- super annoying

Conscensus from another forum discussion is that the whistling sound comes from the alternator. I have had three Wings and my '08 was worst when it came to that annoying sound. I can hear it a bit on my F6B but not near as bad as with the '08.

All Wings seem to have some of the alternator whistle, some are just worst than others. And, you sit right on top of the alternator mount.

Trike lady
09-15-2013, 02:53 PM
+1 on the alternator.
GL1500 alternators never 'sang'.

JesseS
09-16-2013, 09:08 PM
The 'locked' in seating position was the reason I had never bought a wing before, but the F6 has plenty of room for my 6'2" frame, might need a heel/toe though as I am not a fan of the cramped shifter.

Lunatic Fringe
09-16-2013, 10:12 PM
I was really surprised what a difference the f6b seat makes in comfort. I love the tradtional GW but that stock seat really just locks me in, I feel like I'm being pushed against the fairing. I don't need all the jelly of a full boat wing, so I'm glad honda decided to release a lighter, quicker and better handling version.