PDA

View Full Version : Kury grip covers for heated grips

bobbyf6b
09-14-2013, 07:40 PM
BROKEN. :icon_doh:

Another member told me his horror story about trying to install these but I thought, what the hell I have $100 to burn. :banghead: The stock grips are so small that my hands hurt while riding.

I followed the directions carefully and installed the right one, went on perfect! Snapped together just right and looks great. Left side would not cooperate. Got it on just fine but it wouldn't snap together so there was a gap and I could see where they're supposed to snap together. I used zip ties and they worked great but when I cut the ties the grips pulled apart again. So I grabbed some channel locks and a tshirt for the claws and SNAP, I broke the aluminum grip on one of the slots between the rubber. It's still on there and will work fine but it will bug the crap out of me until I remove them and throw them as far as I can.

I JUST LOVE WASTING MONEY. IT'S ONLY MONEY RIGHT? :joke:

bobbyf6b
09-14-2013, 07:48 PM
I'm gonna call on Monday and see if Kury will sell me another clam shell. I like the size of the grips alot so I want to keep them.

CarolinaRider
09-14-2013, 08:10 PM
I bought some from a fellow forum member. Good deal and no regrets and I really like the size of them.

Right side is perfect but the left side originally were together but I noticed after the first long ride the left side had separated just so slightly.

I guess I better just leave well enough alone since they are staying on and together. Maybe on a real cold day this winter I can get a better fit once the rubber contracts.

Steve 0080
09-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Grip Puppies !!!!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Grab-On-Grips-Grip-Cover/dp/B000WJAH5M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379208019&sr=8-1&keywords=grip+puppies+motorcycle

For the " poor " F6B owner....

bobbyf6b
09-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Grip Puppies !!!!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Grab-On-Grips-Grip-Cover/dp/B000WJAH5M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379208019&sr=8-1&keywords=grip+puppies+motorcycle

No picture on Amazon.

I had some foam covers but after a couple months they just flattened out and didn't grip good anymore. I want something more permanent, and bigger.

Texas TC
09-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Grip Puppies !!!!!!!

:agree:
Easy to install. Work great to increase the grip size. Very reasonably priced.

Steve 0080
09-15-2013, 12:26 PM
I have had both Grip Puppies.... gave the original set away at the rally and now am using the Shark Puppies....

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?595-SUPER-SHARKSKINS

Texas TC
09-15-2013, 01:39 PM
I really like the feel of the originals. I like the looks of the sharkskins but prefer the foam.

F6B-RICH
09-15-2013, 06:03 PM
I have the foam Grip Puppies and like them alot :icon_biggrin:

bobbyf6b
09-15-2013, 07:07 PM
I had some foam covers but after a couple months they just flattened out and didn't grip good anymore. I want something more permanent, and bigger.

Mustangjake
09-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Bought mine at Amazon $11.77

bobbyf6b
09-16-2013, 01:35 PM
I called Kury and when I email them a picture of my grip and receipt they will send me another one. I hope the next one fits right.

Mustangjake
10-06-2013, 09:14 AM
installed my grip covers today vey easy.
go to the link Steve 0080 posted lest than 12 bucks

JesseS
10-06-2013, 11:24 AM
I also put the Kury ISO covers on for my heated grips, right one no problem, left one had to work with, used Windex as a slip assist and zip tied, put the screws in and left the zip ties overnight to allow the Windex to dry fully. All good after cutting off the zip ties and about a 1000 miles. As I also have big hands the tiny stock grips gave me cramps after a couple hours, love these.

bobbyf6b
10-06-2013, 03:58 PM
I gotta hand it to Kuryakyn for their customer service. They sent me a brand new replacement grip for the left side after it broke. Problem is, the end cap won't line up because the screw holes are misaligned on the new one. I emailed again and they sent me ANOTHER new grip. I haven't installed that one yet.

After riding over 1000 miles yesterday, I really like the size of the grips but they are buzzy and get annoying after a while. I'm guessing because the stock bar end weights are removed. Now if I want bar end weights I have to spend MORE money. I might go back to stock, IDK. :icon_doh:

dickiedeals
10-06-2013, 07:28 PM
I gotta hand it to Kuryakyn for their customer service. They sent me a brand new replacement grip for the left side after it broke. Problem is, the end cap won't line up because the screw holes are misaligned on the new one. I emailed again and they sent me ANOTHER new grip. I haven't installed that one yet.

After riding over 1000 miles yesterday, I really like the size of the grips but they are buzzy and get annoying after a while. I'm guessing because the stock bar end weights are removed. Now if I want bar end weights I have to spend MORE money. I might go back to stock, IDK. :icon_doh:

Buy the end weights .I did and it makes all the difference in the world. When you install them, Put the cable ties back on to hold the two halves together or they will open up when you loosen the end caps. Once you have the weights on and tight then cut the ties. Also installed the contoured throttle boss. Adjusted to 78 mph under a flat palm. Rode a mere 100 miles today and they are great. Dickie :clap2:

opas ride
10-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Just curious about the "buzzy" issue without the bar end weights.. My new F6B should be ready this week from the dealer and I am having the Kury grip covers installed..Saw the bike Saturday and the size seemed to be okay, if just a little large, for me...Parts guy thought it would be better to keep the heated grips in the event of re-sale, so he got the ones for the heated grips...I did not care either way, but am now a little concerned about this "buzzyness"...Is really that bad or noticeable..I ususally don't ride on long trips, and had very little vibration at all in the Vision I traded...Suppose I could go to the bar end weights if necessary, but it looks like they stick out pretty far???

billv45
10-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Just curious about the "buzzy" issue without the bar end weights.. My new F6B should be ready this week from the dealer and I am having the Kury grip covers installed..Saw the bike Saturday and the size seemed to be okay, if just a little large, for me...Parts guy thought it would be better to keep the heated grips in the event of re-sale, so he got the ones for the heated grips...I did not care either way, but am now a little concerned about this "buzzyness"...Is really that bad or noticeable..I ususally don't ride on long trips, and had very little vibration at all in the Vision I traded...Suppose I could go to the bar end weights if necessary, but it looks like they stick out pretty far???

Well it's very apparent to me but I'm the guy who filled his Honda Magna's handlebar full of lead shot twenty something years ago. I've always had issues with buzzyness putting my hands to sleep on all my bikes (it's probably from all those hours I put in roto-tilling I did in my youth before the days of Troy Bilt tillers!) I've had foam grips on all my bikes for the last 15 years but didn't want to remove the heated grips on my new F6B so opted for the Kuryakyn grips and end weights. They did a good job relieving the buzz but even with my XXL hands, their girth felt awkward to me so I replaced them with Grip Puppies over the stock heated grips and am now very satisfied. The Kuryakyn end weights stick out about the same distance as the stock weights so I find them aesthetically pleasing and not sticking out too far. If you do decide to try them, there is a spacer piece indicated in the end weight instructions that you may also want to get (download the pdf for the end weights.) I didn't because it wasn't apparent to me I needed a third item when I got the grips/weights but you can install the weights without them.

kjelders
10-08-2013, 03:45 PM
I had the Grip Puppies on and could not feel any heat from the heated grips. So I cut them off.

MichaelG
10-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Just curious about the "buzzy" issue without the bar end weights...Suppose I could go to the bar end weights if necessary, but it looks like they stick out pretty far???

Opas Ride, I ride with NO bar end weights on my F6B. I installed the Kuryakyn Iso-Grips, with throttle boss, and NO bar end weights, and I have no buzz at the handlebars. I have over 18k miles on my F6B now, and I am happy without the bar end weights.

And for billv45...my "wife" rides a Magna V-45, so....................:icon_rolleyes:

bobbyf6b
10-08-2013, 04:02 PM
I have some for sale here:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1057-Kuryakyn-Grip-Covers-for-Heated-Grips-Black

opas ride
10-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the nice responses..I will have a sleepless night as I pick up my F6B tomorrow...Had it custom painted Brandywine Metallic and have not yet seen it..Dealer says it looks great...Hope so as it cost me a "bundle", but my wife did not like the stock color options and those of us with wives, significant others, etc...Know when Mama is happy the whole world is happy!!...BTW I did not have any issues with my Valkyrie grips when I used Kury grips...Not heated ones although....I'm sure it will be fine.....

Xcess
11-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the nice responses..I will have a sleepless night as I pick up my F6B tomorrow...Had it custom painted Brandywine Metallic and have not yet seen it..Dealer says it looks great...Hope so as it cost me a "bundle", but my wife did not like the stock color options and those of us with wives, significant others, etc...Know when Mama is happy the whole world is happy!!...BTW I did not have any issues with my Valkyrie grips when I used Kury grips...Not heated ones although....I'm sure it will be fine.....

Please post a picture as I am planning on painting mine and want to see different bikes already done.

billv45
11-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Please post a picture as I am planning on painting mine and want to see different bikes already done.

Check out Honda of Russellville on eBay (hondarus2tzj) , they sell a lot of custom painted F6B's (no affiliation...)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Gold-Wing-ALL-NEW-2013-Honda-Goldwing-F6B-HR-Signature-Series-OTD-PRICE-/310776537012?forcerrptr=true&hash=item485bb99fb4&item=310776537012&pt=US_motorcycles