PDA

View Full Version : First iron butt complete.

Jady
08-24-2016, 06:48 PM
Just got home. 1018 miles in 15.5 hours. Took a pretty easy route, most of the trip was i95. My wife did the witnessing, and I have all of my receipts, hopefully I remember to mail it off soon.

And it was a freaking blast. Did not expect all the high and low moments of the trip. In a 10 minute span going from "why the hell am I doing this?" to "why haven't I done these before?"

Plus the f6b makes it easy.

DMAGOLDRDR
08-24-2016, 06:56 PM
Congratulations. It gets addicting, on to the Bun Burner next.

willtill
08-24-2016, 07:13 PM
Congratulations! :yes:

500-600 miles in one day is quite enough for me. :shhh: if I gots to get somewhere quickly... I take the machine that was never meant to fly. :icon_mrgreen:

Python
08-24-2016, 08:33 PM
You do that on a stick seat?

Python
08-24-2016, 08:35 PM
That's stock seat

Buckeye_F6B
08-24-2016, 08:39 PM
You do that on a stick seat?

Definitely wouldn't fall off stick seat but makes it hard to lean. Would give new definition to Iron Butt.

Jady
08-25-2016, 05:38 AM
Stock seat, stock windshield. The only add on I have are drop mounts with boards.

After his trip I can see adding some highway pegs and something to make the grips bigger. I alternate from the board to the passenger pegs anyway, but a third option would help. Had a few hand cramps too, but that's because the diameter of the grips are to small.

After a full nights sleep, the only thing that is sore is my neck, but there is nothing I can do to make my giant head weigh less.

Jady
08-25-2016, 05:39 AM
Definitely wouldn't fall off stick seat but makes it hard to lean. Would give new definition to Iron Butt.

That's the wrong kind of contest:lolup:

PC Ninja
09-15-2016, 03:17 PM
Congrats, just heard about this from another GW rider this week. Not sure I'm going to try it - 600 miles may be my top for a day.

Just got home. 1018 miles in 15.5 hours. Took a pretty easy route, most of the trip was i95. My wife did the witnessing, and I have all of my receipts, hopefully I remember to mail it off soon.

And it was a freaking blast. Did not expect all the high and low moments of the trip. In a 10 minute span going from "why the hell am I doing this?" to "why haven't I done these before?"

Plus the f6b makes it easy.

PC Ninja
09-15-2016, 03:21 PM
I'm already looking for a replacement windshield and adding a passenger backrest. HW foot rest will be next once I find a ride to do before it gets cold.

Stock seat, stock windshield. The only add on I have are drop mounts with boards.

After his trip I can see adding some highway pegs and something to make the grips bigger. I alternate from the board to the passenger pegs anyway, but a third option would help. Had a few hand cramps too, but that's because the diameter of the grips are to small.

After a full nights sleep, the only thing that is sore is my neck, but there is nothing I can do to make my giant head weigh less.

Jady
09-15-2016, 07:16 PM
I got pretty lucky in the passenger backrest department. My wife likes the stock deluxe backrest.

Wingstuff has foam grip covers that make the diameter of the grips bigger, gonna give those a try. I don't want to new grips on. I'll probably get the ergo 3 footrest over the winter.

Sent my iron butt paperwork off a few days after my ride. I guess I should hear back from them around mid november.

Jady
09-15-2016, 07:50 PM
.....or, be emailed immediately after I made my last post. Sweet.

lgjhn
09-17-2016, 02:30 PM
A big congrats on completing the SaddleSore 1000.
3 of us did it together about 2 years ago. We decided to combine the SaddleSore 1000 and the BunBurner 1500 all in one ride. It was a handful to say the least.
It does make you think a lot about why you're doing it....LOL....especially when the temperature goes from a nice 75 degrees to about 27 degrees at night in the mountains...LOL
A friend of mine and myself are contemplating doing the Super BunBurner 1500....1500 miles in 24 hours.

Redlinez
09-17-2016, 08:56 PM
I coudn't come close without a better seat and windshield. I just rode mine 90 minutes and at 70 and above, I was getting my head blown off. I also have a broken tailbone from over a year ago and man does this seat aggravate it. Kudos to yall Iron butters.

Philbert40
10-03-2016, 10:28 PM
Congratulations!

Welcome to the family. Been doing Iron butt rides for years, my latest was the Border to Border. Yup...Canada to Mexico in under 30 hours.

My next plan is the Coast to Coast.

keep going there lots of fun. :congrats: