PDA

View Full Version : Russell Day Long

taxfree4
08-24-2016, 08:19 PM
Came home and there it is at my door. It's too late so I just snapped a couple of pics but I will put up a comprehensive video since I have both the original still on the bike and the new RDL. I will give side by side analysis so those who are thinking about it can be better informed, haven't seen a really complete video about them yet.

Steve 0080
08-24-2016, 08:21 PM
Sure is nice looking !!!!!!

taxfree4
08-24-2016, 08:26 PM
First thing noticed is the quality of the material, size of the seating area and the stitching is very professionally done.

stroguy
08-24-2016, 08:31 PM
Man that is some kinda sweet. Great looking seat.

taxfree4
08-24-2016, 08:36 PM
We'll see if it lives up to the hype tomorrow as I'm going to put it to the test

seadog
08-24-2016, 09:06 PM
We'll see if it lives up to the hype tomorrow as I'm going to put it to the test

if its anything like mine was it will be comfortable right from the first ride, only aftermarket seat that I ever had that was and didn't have a break in period.

SimonTemplar
08-25-2016, 12:54 AM
I don't know.....the front half looks suspiciously like the seat on my grandfathers' Farm-All

....sT

taxfree4
08-25-2016, 03:54 AM
I don't know.....the front half looks suspiciously like the seat on my grandfathers' Farm-All

....sT

Beside recommendations by Iron Butt alumni and countless long distance riders that's what originally gravitated me towards this seat over others. The uniqueness of the design of the wider-than-normal seating area coupled with the narrowed thigh padding, I'm a function over form guy, always have been, it does remind me of a bicycle seat from Land of the Giants though.

Brewdog
08-25-2016, 04:55 AM
Damn that seat look sweet! I want one. Anxious to see your test report.

seadog
08-25-2016, 07:16 AM
Damn that seat look sweet! I want one. Anxious to see your test report.

But boy is it worth it, they require a lot of measurements and pics of you on the bike and the effort is worth it cause you get back a one off custom seats that fits like a glove. Here is the one they built for my 2015 Deluxe

speedjunkie
08-25-2016, 11:43 AM
I've had two of them, and will likely have another on the B. You won't regret your decision!

Mike

BIGLRY
08-25-2016, 01:15 PM
For comparison here is mine on my F6B.

I have had an RDL saddle on every scoot I've owned since 1979 even my Runes have them.

Retired Army
08-25-2016, 03:02 PM

This seat is more comfortable.

seadog
08-25-2016, 03:30 PM

This seat is more comfortable.

Looks like its time for a trade or a new leather recovery lol

taxfree4
08-27-2016, 07:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjcwAXq3Uq8

willtill
08-27-2016, 07:37 AM

I like your video's. Well done and down to earth; regarding the narration. :yes:

seadog
08-27-2016, 07:47 AM

When I bolted on the new Day-Long seat I took it for a 35 to 40 mile ride and it wasn't 2 miles down the road I had a big smile on my face, ran thru some curves and then down thru town and your right about the position you have to be in for a stop light, now its just second nature I don't even think about it at a stop light but with the way the seat is cut and the side bolsters you have to move slightly forward on the seat. You couldn't give me enough money to buy this seat, like taxfree said, its a one off, just for your butt to be happier than its ever been on the OEM seat.

ADV67
08-27-2016, 10:05 AM
For comparison here is mine on my F6B.

I have had an RDL saddle on every scoot I've owned since 1979 even my Runes have them.

Hi BigLry,

Thanks for those pics. Your RDL looks quite a bit higher. That is exactly what I am looking for, I am 6,2" about 260 with 34" inseam and feel cramped on the stock seat after 2hrs of riding. I would like the rider seat position about an inch more backward too.
How is that on you RDL? How much higher than stock and how much further back?

taxfree4
08-27-2016, 02:58 PM
I like your video's. Well done and down to earth; regarding the narration. :yes:

Thanks will,
I try my best so that it doesn't sound like I'm narrating a Martin Scorsese movie but I can't shake this accent.

taxfree4
08-27-2016, 03:00 PM
When I bolted on the new Day-Long seat I took it for a 35 to 40 mile ride and it wasn't 2 miles down the road I had a big smile on my face, ran thru some curves and then down thru town and your right about the position you have to be in for a stop light, now its just second nature I don't even think about it at a stop light but with the way the seat is cut and the side bolsters you have to move slightly forward on the seat. You couldn't give me enough money to buy this seat, like taxfree said, its a one off, just for your butt to be happier than its ever been on the OEM seat.

It's really the nicest thing you can do for your ass on a motorcycle.

Steve 0080
08-27-2016, 03:51 PM
Hi BigLry,

Thanks for those pics. Your RDL looks quite a bit higher. That is exactly what I am looking for, I am 6,2" about 260 with 34" inseam and feel cramped on the stock seat after 2hrs of riding. I would like the rider seat position about an inch more backward too.
How is that on you RDL? How much higher than stock and how much further back?

You, Sir maybe better off ( $$$$ ) to try the Ultimate King seat...our sponsor as well.

BIGLRY
08-27-2016, 04:32 PM
Hi BigLry,

How is that on you RDL? How much higher than stock and how much further back?The RDL on my F6B is 4" up & 3" back, custom made to fit my 6'5" 400# frame and 36" inseam. RDL can build it to go back 1" more and that is it for the F6B seat pan, my first one was the max 4" back, but I had it redone to 3" back and I doubt you will need that much. I also run the 3/4" drop mounts with the kinetic pegs and Ergo lll forwards all from Kury and HeliBars. My Runes have a 6" lift over stock and 3" back to them.

Here is link to more pic. http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5915-BIGLRY-S-Daylong-Saddle

BIGLRY
08-27-2016, 04:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjcwAXq3Uq8Nice vid and once you get about 500 miles on it you will have to take No-doze to stay awake they are soooo comfortable on them long hauls. I can do a 500 mile day and still go dancing that night.:icon_lol:

taxfree4
08-27-2016, 05:05 PM
Nice vid and once you get about 500 miles on it you will have to take No-doze to stay awake they are soooo comfortable on them long hauls. I can do a 500 mile day and still go dancing that night.:icon_lol:

I can believe that just by the short little run I did. It is the difference of riding on the bike and riding within the bike. I want to see that dancing video, also nothing better than drunken karaoke videos if ya got em. I can see you 3 sheets to the wind singing "Sweet Caroline"

StonedInNy
08-28-2016, 07:19 AM
There is no better seat made than a Russell day long. And their customer service is also second to none.

ADV67
08-28-2016, 12:14 PM
Thanks for that info Larry! :yes:
Indeed you seat would be huge for me, I was more looking for something like 2" higher and 2" backwards.

I might also look into the Ultimate King seat. The fact that I live in Europe doesnt make it easy; high shipping cost and not easy to return if it needs to be sent back for some (minor) modification.
This and then the Helibars are on my list. Fall/winter is gonna be expensive... :shhh:

taxfree4
08-29-2016, 05:27 PM
Further riding on the RDL I have noticed that, naturally, I'm sitting higher so more of a view over the MRA X-CREEN and because I am further up and back I am using the stock foot pegs much more. The sitting position on the stock seat just made it too uncomfortable, too crouched, to use them so I would rely on the Ergo II Pegs to keep my legs extended enough to be comfortable. Now it is not crouched at all and using the stock pegs is no problem whatsoever.

willtill
08-29-2016, 05:51 PM
Further riding on the RDL I have noticed that, naturally, I'm sitting higher so more of a view over the MRA X-CREEN and because I am further up and back I am using the stock foot pegs much more. The sitting position on the stock seat just made it too uncomfortable, too crouched, to use them so I would rely on the Ergo II Pegs to keep my legs extended enough to be comfortable. Now it is not crouched at all and using the stock pegs is no problem whatsoever.

As well with the Ultimate seat. I noticed the that I seemed to have better control of the bike, once I was sitting a little higher. :yes:

taxfree4
08-29-2016, 06:16 PM
As well with the Ultimate seat. I noticed the that I seemed to have better control of the bike, once I was sitting a little higher. :yes:

Agreed, I equate it to no longer riding on the bike but within it. Between the torque, throttle response, and now, seating position it is the most intuitive bike I've ever owned.

BIGLRY
08-29-2016, 11:06 PM
Agreed, I equate it to no longer riding on the bike but within it. Between the torque, throttle response, and now, seating position it is the most intuitive bike I've ever owned.
+1

taxfree4
08-30-2016, 03:42 AM
Another point, on the subject of the intuitive factor of this bike, I have never had to be so quick in MY reflexes, especially, when I want to switch lanes. I'll see the opening in the next lane, instinctively crack the throttle, the torque monster accelerates, I swerve into the lane and I'm in where I want to be and this all happens in a split second. It is as close to controlling the bike with your mind as you can get because of the quickness of the response and the power of this bike. With my Harley that same operation seems to take so much longer as you crack the throttle, wait for the noise and you will get there but no where near the time, or what feels like, it takes the B. I am impressed with this bike more and more every time I ride it and I cannot see myself ever changing. As the V-Twins boys play their inchworm "cc" game of "I'm bigger than you are", climbing to the point where the next engine from Harley will be the "Griddle Head", for us it's like looking into the next lane on the B - we're already there.

willtill
08-30-2016, 05:20 AM
Another point, on the subject of the intuitive factor of this bike, I have never had to be so quick in MY reflexes, especially, when I want to switch lanes. I'll see the opening in the next lane, instinctively crack the throttle, the torque monster accelerates, I swerve into the lane and I'm in where I want to be and this all happens in a split second. It is as close to controlling the bike with your mind as you can get because of the quickness of the response and the power of this bike. With my Harley that same operation seems to take so much longer as you crack the throttle, wait for the noise and you will get there but no where near the time, or what feels like, it takes the B. I am impressed with this bike more and more every time I ride it and I cannot see myself ever changing. As the V-Twins boys play their inchworm "cc" game of "I'm bigger than you are", climbing to the point where the next engine from Harley will be the "Griddle Head", for us it's like looking into the next lane on the B - we're already there.

This F6B is quick, indeed. It has the same smile factor that my Triumph Rocket III would provide me. Both of these bikes are torque monsters, the Rocket a bit more. One of my favorite things to do with was a Rocket launch from a red light;especially with traffic aligned with me on the left and right. As soon as that light turned green, I accelerated so hard that my feet were sometimes lifting off the floorboards and everything (the adjacent traffic) behind me disappeared quickly from my mirrors. Would get to the next light and the traffic would catch up to me. They would stare at me and the bike. Rinse and repeat. And laugh again like a giddy little kid. :icon_lol:

taxfree4
08-30-2016, 08:22 AM
The looks on their faces is always worth it. :shock:

53driver
08-30-2016, 08:48 AM
The looks on their faces is always worth it. :shock:

+1. Sometimes ya just gotta make sure the advertised numbers add up.
0-60 in 3.3?
OH YEAH!!!

taxfree4
08-30-2016, 09:03 AM
0-60 in 3.3?
OH YEAH!!!

And when I talk about the intuitiveness of the bike and how quick you have to be to match the power and quickness your phrase "Don't let the aircraft (or life) take you where your brain hasn't already been for at least 15 minutes." is so dead on because the split second you think about going there, you're already there and you had better realize yourself in that spot prior to you being there. It's all these cylinders firing in your brain in micro seconds, it's a workout with this monster.

53driver
08-30-2016, 09:09 AM
0-60 in 3.3?
OH YEAH!!!

And when I talk about the intuitiveness of the bike and how quick you have to be to match the power and quickness your phrase "Don't let the aircraft (or life) take you where your brain hasn't already been for at least 15 minutes." is so dead on because the split second you think about going there, you're already there and you had better realize yourself in that spot prior to you being there. It's all these cylinders firing in your brain in micro seconds, it's a workout with this monster.

I'm fortunate that all my synapses are still firing rapidly enough to keep me ahead of this lovely.
Someday, that may not be true - got to go get it all while I'm still able!

Maybe even someday on a Russell Day Long!

taxfree4
08-31-2016, 06:15 AM
One more observation is because I sit a little farther back it gives my arms a slight more of an extension. I installed the Kuryakyn risers prior which helped but this setup kind of fine tunes it. I may need a little bit more of an angle on my wrists now that my arms are a bit back further which now translates into - Helibars. The great thing about having a wife who wants nothing to do with motorcycles is - she has no idea what anything costs. She didn't see any difference between the stock seat or the RDL when I showed her except the new seat was "funny looking" - beautiful.

stevenolts
08-31-2016, 06:43 AM
One new toy leads to the next with this bike and I love it more with each new toy.
Steve

willtill
08-31-2016, 07:13 AM
One new toy leads to the next with this bike and I love it more with each new toy.
Steve

So very true. :icon_lol: I am contemplating the MPL electronic saddlebag openers next :shhh:

It has been said that the AR-15 was a Barbie Doll for men. Because there are so many ways you can dress one up. Starting to think of my F6B in that respect too... :icon_wink:

Blk6bgg6
08-31-2016, 05:59 PM
Really like ur vis Tax ..That sure is a sweet lookin seat ,I have the ultimate,yet you just never know.I like how ur wife doesn't see the difference tween the stock an that RDL.I think my wife would say hey didn't you just get one of those? I gotta think of some horse crap story ..hmm,I sure like that seat!

taxfree4
08-31-2016, 06:23 PM
Really like ur vis Tax ..That sure is a sweet lookin seat ,I have the ultimate,yet you just never know.I like how ur wife doesn't see the difference tween the stock an that RDL.I think my wife would say hey didn't you just get one of those? I gotta think of some horse crap story ..hmm,I sure like that seat!

RDL, Ultimate, Hartco, Corbin there's a lid for every pot. They're all top quality products and it's great to have a selection and 3 very supportive sponsors to boot. My wife can tell the difference between a genuine Fendi bag from a knock-off at 100 paces, ask her about anything motorcycle - zip, nada, nothing - it's a perfect marriage.

1951vbs
08-31-2016, 07:20 PM
Russell Seat to/from 2016 Sturgis Rally:
Day one left work early at 4:15 PM 604 miles
Day two visited parents on way 753 miles
Day three Sturgis 742 miles
Day four and five Screwed around with friends
Day six 1074 miles
Day seven 1041 miles and home sweet home!

You can do it on a Day long! Ergonomics are the key.

taxfree4
08-31-2016, 07:26 PM
Day six 1074 miles

My ass hurts just reading that.

1951vbs
08-31-2016, 07:41 PM

Forgot to mention I am bone on bone and need hip replacement on right side, not much better on the left and my knees are shot. Other than that I'm great!!!

53driver
08-31-2016, 08:13 PM
Day six 1074 miles

That's a great trip right there....

taxfree4
08-31-2016, 09:05 PM
Forgot to mention I am bone on bone and need hip replacement on right side, not much better on the left and my knees are shot. Other than that I'm great!!!

That trip has got underachiever because of health written all over it. I couldn't do that on my best day in my best year if you told me Lynda Carter was waiting for me at the other end, I'd go cripple trying though.

53driver
08-31-2016, 09:51 PM
That trip has got underachiever because of health written all over it. I couldn't do that on my best day in my best year if you told me Lynda Carter was waiting for me at the other end, I'd go cripple trying though.

I don't think I could adequately articulate what I would do to make the run if that woman was waiting for me at the end of a trip.
And I sure as hell couldn't put on these hallowed pages what I'd do once I got there!

taxfree4
09-01-2016, 02:01 AM
I don't think I could adequately articulate what I would do to make the run if that woman was waiting for me at the end of a trip.
And I sure as hell couldn't put on these hallowed pages what I'd do once I got there!

I'd finally get there, she'd slip into something more comfortable while I sat back on the couch waiting for the moment of a lifetime and then...I'd fall asleep, kind of like what happens now. Next morning she'll go online and buy a pair of shoes and I'll go for a ride and we'll both be happy or in other words...the Usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvndFa9DwM0

I need a cigarette

BIGLRY
09-01-2016, 01:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvndFa9DwM0

I need a cigaretteYea a cig and a nap and I don't smoke .notworthy.

taxfree4
09-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Yea a cig and a nap and I don't smoke .notworthy.

She's doing all the smoking and she don't even have a cigarette.

seadog
09-01-2016, 05:41 PM

The iron butt award, the man has got to be in the running for that trophy! Like you said that would definitely put a hurt on my backside! I wouldn't be able to walk for a week and I have a Russell Day-Long seat.

Drive Jehu
11-19-2016, 08:45 AM
Thanks to the good threads on this subject and taxfree4 I preciate the video. I've decided on a Russell saddle. Now that I have a spare stock seat - thanks to 53driver, and a loan from my banker, I'm close to ordering.

Current thoughts are for a black leather insert, half moon pattern, with backrest. And heat!:icon_biggrin: No modifications to the passengers area.

Canvas ? I'm on the stock seat now and always ride on an old sheepskin when it's dry. I hope to retire my sheepskin once I get a new saddle. All day on vinyl won't work for me and I have never had a leather saddle. The only other option that Russell offers that is breathable, is a Sunbrella breathable canvas. What say you about a canvas insert? Comfort? Rain shedding?

Rain: So, Russell advertises all their seats as "less than 100% waterproof" and offers a rain cover. I ride to work often, ride cross Country, out of the Country... The seat will see rain and at times and lots of it - all without a cover. Am I asking for trouble? Or is Russell over conservative about describing possible water problems?

Backrest: Interesting to me that the majority of you who have posted pictures on this subject do not have a back rest. BIGLRY seems to win the prize for having spent more cash with Russell over the years than the rest of us combined and if he has a backrest I haven't seen it. I have the Standard model and I can't say I miss having one on short runs. Long trips my pack is my backrest but really it does a poor job on long days. I noticed that Big Jay removed his. Is this easily done with the Russell? Other thoughts?

Thanks in advance -

Big Jay
11-19-2016, 09:58 AM
I remove the back rest when the wife rides with me, she becomes my back rest . Removal and install is very easy takes about 5 seconds, it's mounted to a flat bar that slides into the seat . I had never had a back rest before and I am realy glad I got it, keeps you in place when you smoke some one off the stop light. :icon_biggrin:

Drive Jehu
11-19-2016, 06:26 PM
Big Jay, I appreciate the reply. Just what I was looking for on the backrest question.

taxfree4
11-19-2016, 09:49 PM
I've got the half moon vinyl with the backrest flipped, wider side down, for more support on the lower back. I had a Russell rain cover that was thrown in on a previous purchase. I think they would rather you get the rain cover to protect it from water getting in through the stitching which is why I went with the half moon as it has, IMHO, the least amount of it. I have about 4000 miles on this seat and I will tell you, and I've owned after market seats before, Russell is in a class by itself. This is the first seat that I become tired, just because I can't keep my eyes open, before I become fatigued by discomfort by constantly shifting to get comfortable. Before, I couldn't wait for a gas stop to walk and stretch and now I wish I had a bigger tank so I wouldn't have to stop. Day long is not just a slogan it is mind boggling how this works.

BIGLRY
11-20-2016, 01:12 PM
I've got the half moon vinyl with the backrest flipped, wider side down, for more support on the lower back. I had a Russell rain cover that was thrown in on a previous purchase. I think they would rather you get the rain cover to protect it from water getting in through the stitching which is why I went with the half moon as it has, IMHO, the least amount of it. I have about 4000 miles on this seat and I will tell you, and I've owned after market seats before, Russell is in a class by itself. This is the first seat that I become tired, just because I can't keep my eyes open, before I become fatigued by discomfort by constantly shifting to get comfortable. Before, I couldn't wait for a gas stop to walk and stretch and now I wish I had a bigger tank so I wouldn't have to stop. Day long is not just a slogan it is mind boggling how this works.

+1

StonedInNy
11-20-2016, 06:18 PM
Tax free is so right on his statement. i just sent my order into them. My Christmass present to myself. This will be my 3rd seat from them, 2nd in the past 2yrs. The comfort from this seat is unreal. Im going with full leather,half moon,back rest,rain cover,and heat. They sent me a quote for 1300 a few weeks back and told me their prices are increasing after the new year.

Drive Jehu
11-20-2016, 06:54 PM
All good info - also good to know that the prices are going up soon. I have what I need now - thanks all.:yes:

imported_NMRed
12-02-2016, 08:38 PM
Leaving tomorrow for a ride in on Tuesday to get a dual made. Will post a review and pics when I return in about 10 days. Have to do a little visiting along the way.

seadog
12-03-2016, 09:09 AM

Now it Taylor Swift or Christine Aguilera, I think the old wonder woman is getting pretty crusty like the rest of us old dudes.

imported_NMRed
12-27-2016, 11:20 PM
2100 miles later and I couldn't be happier. Chris and Jay did fabulous work (Larry, Jay sends his regards). I've had several other seats on other bikes, but none compare to the fit and comfort of this seat. I feel like I'm part of the bike now. It sets me about 1 3/4 inches higher and an inch back. the narrowed nose of the seat makes flat footing at stops easier than the stock seat did in spite of the greater height. I had planned on all leather, but after talking to Jay I went with the Sunbrella inserts. He said it was more comfortable in both hot and cold weather and his seat with 65k miles on it still looks new. This seat is everything said about it plus some. I did a 218 mile ride today without a single stop, not even for traffic lights. longest day so far has been a little over 700 miles. Now I can't wait for April and an Iron butt 50CC ride. My wife has only rode about a 100 miles on it, but says it is vastly better than the stock seat. Every F6B sold should come with a certificate for one of these seats.'riding'

rdeady
12-28-2016, 09:27 AM
Man that seats is sweet. Looks comfortable as heck. And just out of curiosity what size madstad are you using? I have two more things I need to sort on mine . New seat and windshield. I've tryed like 5 including madstad but I think I'm going to have to reorder another madstad.

BIGLRY
12-28-2016, 01:00 PM
2100 miles later and I couldn't be happier. Chris and Jay did fabulous work (Larry, Jay sends his regards). I've had several other seats on other bikes, but none compare to the fit and comfort of this seat. I feel like I'm part of the bike now. It sets me about 1 3/4 inches higher and an inch back. the narrowed nose of the seat makes flat footing at stops easier than the stock seat did in spite of the greater height. I had planned on all leather, but after talking to Jay I went with the Sunbrella inserts. He said it was more comfortable in both hot and cold weather and his seat with 65k miles on it still looks new. This seat is everything said about it plus some. I did a 218 mile ride today without a single stop, not even for traffic lights. longest day so far has been a little over 700 miles. Now I can't wait for April and an Iron butt 50CC ride. My wife has only rode about a 100 miles on it, but says it is vastly better than the stock seat. Every F6B sold should come with a certificate for one of these seats.'riding'Thanks!
Jay has done the last 3 of my RDL saddles(I've had 7 built over the last 39 yrs) and knows how I like them. The one thing I can say for sure... the RDL saddle only gets better over time. :icon_lol:

Them gray inserts sure look sharp and you are going to love the Sunbrella in how well it wears. I used to have my RDLs all made out of leather, but have switched to the synthetic since it has shown to outlast the leather with less maintenance issues and is way more comfortable IMO.

imported_NMRed
12-28-2016, 01:38 PM
I have the 15 inch madstad. I'm 6 ft even and looked over the top by a couple inches on the stock seat. I'm a little taller on the RDL and the screen works better than ever. The perfect combo IMHO.

seadog
12-28-2016, 04:39 PM
Just my humble opinion but I haven't heard one bad word from people that have had a custom one off seat built off their stock seat pan by Russell Day Long custom seats, spend the money on one and you will never regret your purchase, I keep hearing guys going thru 3 or 4 seats trying to find a comfortable one. Why? Buy the right one first and save yourself the trial and error effect. RDL is the one you wanted all along. I am one of their happy and very satisfied customers along with all that have purchased them.4605

D-Train
01-01-2017, 06:53 PM
Just my humble opinion but I haven't heard one bad word from people that have had a custom one off seat built off their stock seat pan by Russell Day Long custom seats, spend the money on one and you will never regret your purchase, I keep hearing guys going thru 3 or 4 seats trying to find a comfortable one. Why? Buy the right one first and save yourself the trial and error effect. RDL is the one you wanted all along. I am one of their happy and very satisfied customers along with all that have purchased them.25056

Your seat looks like a 2-piece? Is that an option if you send them a stock seat? Can the pillion be removed?

I also have a question for taxfree or anyone else that can answer it: The drivers backrest, doesn't it get in the way of swinging your leg over the bike? If it folds forward for getting on the bike isn't it then hard to scoot forward enough to give it room to flip it back up when you're straddling the seat? Do they sell the backrest themselves or is that someone else's backrest that you had them cover? Also taxfree, is your entire seat vinyl? Thanks! I think this may be my next seat. :yes:

taxfree4
01-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Your seat looks like a 2-piece? Is that an option if you send them a stock seat? Can the pillion be removed?

I also have a question for taxfree or anyone else that can answer it: The drivers backrest, doesn't it get in the way of swinging your leg over the bike? If it folds forward for getting on the bike isn't it then hard to scoot forward enough to give it room to flip it back up when you're straddling the seat? Do they sell the backrest themselves or is that someone else's backrest that you had them cover? Also taxfree, is your entire seat vinyl? Thanks! I think this may be my next seat. :yes:

Not at all, the backrest stays straight up unless you push it down If you look at the video it's just sitting there when I'm off the bike. They sell the backrest themselves and the entire seat is vinyl, I have the cover for rainy days. I flipped the backrest over so the wider end is on my lower back.

seadog
01-01-2017, 09:27 PM

No its not a two piece but since I do not ever have a rider, I only had them do the drivers seat and the back passengers seat is just covered to match. It's all one piece off the original seat pan.