PDA

View Full Version : Balance beads and external TPMS issues?

willtill
08-26-2016, 08:03 AM
Hey you guys, anyone running the balancing beads with their external TPMS systems? Any issues with the beads getting wedged up in the valve stem and interfering with the TPMS sensor's readings?

Or is it a non-issue?

I need to make a decision quick, whether to go with balancing beads, or with traditional wheel weights in the rear car tire I am going to mount; since I am getting ready to have the T-Valve stems installed on my wheels, for the Steel-Mate TPMS system.

Thanks!

seadog
08-26-2016, 08:09 AM
The Dyna Beads will not interfere with any TPMS, I got that strait from the company as I had to call them on a friends ride that wanted Dyna beads in the tires with a monitoring system in place. Now the next question is, is your system different from what's on an automobile. You can google Innovative Balancing the maker of Dyna Beads and tell them what you have and they can give you a definite answer.

stevenolts
08-26-2016, 09:57 AM
I ran the Dyna beads in the rear tire for 10,000 miles with the Fobo TPMS with no problems. I know have it in the front tire with 78 miles so far with no problems.
Steve

stevenolts
08-26-2016, 09:57 AM
If you are about to use the Fobo get the T-Valve.
Steve

willtill
08-26-2016, 12:43 PM
If you are about to use the Fobo get the T-Valve.
Steve

Not using Fobo TPMS. I am going to use the Steel Mate TPMS. But did order the T-Valves from Fobo and installed one on rear wheel today. See post #35 here: http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9488-Best-way-to-change-out-that-rear-tire/page2