PDA

View Full Version : Speaker & aux issue

Craig_328
08-27-2016, 11:42 AM
I can play the music loud on fm.
Switch to aux...turn my phone music up to as loud as it will go and the volume up to 30....but it sounds like it's at 20....

Anyone have this issue with using the aux cable?

Steve 0080
08-27-2016, 03:38 PM
And the volume diff is only when you go to aux? I wonder if the outside noise button is on the correct setting?

stillridin
08-27-2016, 05:06 PM
You may have to turn the phone output volume up to match the F6B FM internal levels. My Owner's Manual (2016) says this. I had to set my iPod volume higher than I usually listen with earbuds (for just regular listening at home, not while riding). And I was not using the Aux lead in the left fairing cubby, I'm using the USB in the left saddlebag. The Aux lead in the cubby definitely will be affected by the output level of any device connected there.

MisterB
08-27-2016, 05:29 PM
Is a protective case on the phone preventing the cubby plug from seating completely?

stroguy
08-28-2016, 06:16 AM
Switch to aux...turn my phone music up to as loud as it will go and the volume up to 30....but it sounds like it's at 20....

It is a lower level with the phone 3.5 aux cable input to the audio system. Same happens here when I am doing Pandora off my cell. Your phone media level will most likely go to a certain point and stop. Then a warning will show on your phone that you may have to acknowledge that you are going past the safe headphone level. But, it is still lower than the USB or the radio.

okf6b
08-28-2016, 09:32 PM

Had a riding buddy a few years ago that used a Boosteroo (http://boostaroo.com/uses/motorcycle). He said it worked well.

Craig_328
08-29-2016, 07:28 AM
Had a riding buddy a few years ago that used a Boosteroo (http://boostaroo.com/uses/motorcycle). He said it worked well.

I'll check this out. Phone case isn't a issue. Phone volume is maxed. GPS voice is louder than the music playing also. I'm going to say it's pandora and just the aux minimizing audio output.