PDA

View Full Version : Corbin Seat Questions

Craig_328
08-30-2016, 01:21 PM
Now that summer is coming to an end - I purchased my F6b in April when it was borderline cool out and I had to use my heated grips...stock seat was on.

When I purchased my bike it came with a Corbin duatl Heated seat - not my preferred color but - it came with the bike so beggars can't be choosers.

Aside from the fact the seat is stiff what else can I expect? I have a 30" inseam and I'm 5'7.

I've searched topics here and haven't found much. Pro's Cons...etc

53driver
08-30-2016, 02:26 PM
I have the Corbin Smuggler - and it's heated also, and "quite firm."
I like firm seats, but my next maneuver is to 'tenderize' it with a ball peen hammer......
Or get a gel thingy....
The seat itself anchors my lower back into the bike and I like that feeling.
It's about the same height and depth as the stock seat, but perhaps a tad narrower as I can get more of my feet on the ground. (I'm 5'9"/30" inseam)

Cheers,
Steve

radi0chik
08-30-2016, 03:07 PM
people either love corbin seats or hate them...there doesn't seem to be any in-between. I had a corbin seat and I liked mine - I never got monkey butt and I could ride all day. there's only one way to find out if it's for you..:icon_biggrin:

LeroyJaxson
08-30-2016, 07:39 PM
I purchased the Corbin for the backrest and for the firmness of the seat. I did find it to be a little lower but not much and a little narrower. The other thing I like about Corbin is during bikeWeek here in Daytona they have someone on site who will alter the seat for free. I love mine and I have stopped using an air hawk now that the seat is broken in. The bad part about Corbin is they don't accept returns so if you don't like it you have to sell it.

stratochile
09-01-2016, 06:35 AM
I got one of their seats last august for a different bike and it showed up with a small cut. when a i called them they said to send it back and I would get a new one in about 12 weeks. I said 12 weeks!!!!! are you kidding me!!!!! I live in WI !!!! we'll have snow by then. So they took it back and charged me a 20% restocking fee for the damaged piece of crap they sent me......THEY SUCK!!!!!!:no:

Craig_328
09-01-2016, 04:05 PM
people either love corbin seats or hate them...there doesn't seem to be any in-between. I had a corbin seat and I liked mine - I never got monkey butt and I could ride all day. there's only one way to find out if it's for you..:icon_biggrin:

When I purchased the bike I definitely did not like the camel color of the seat. I asked if they could change the color and they stated it would cost some obscene money....200 for shipping 600 to change it. Insanity. So I can understand why people don't like them.

I'm going to put it on the bike here shortly and test out the heat. I guess I should break it in before it gets too cold. If not I'll be selling it and saw some other options.

I disliked how the stock seat gave me serious swamp ass this summer. I had to stand up and ride the last 2 miles where ever I was going to dry my pants out :icon_redface::icon_rolleyes::icon_lol:

JGF6B
09-01-2016, 04:26 PM
I got one of their seats last august for a different bike and it showed up with a small cut. when a i called them they said to send it back and I would get a new one in about 12 weeks. I said 12 weeks!!!!! are you kidding me!!!!! I live in WI !!!! we'll have snow by then. So they took it back and charged me a 20% restocking fee for the damaged piece of crap they sent me......THEY SUCK!!!!!!:no:

I ordered a Corbin seat for my last cycle. They sent it in the wrong color. I emailed them and they responded quickly with two options: Return the seat now for correction or wait until my riding season is over and then return for correction. I opted to use it for the summer and then ship it when snow hit the ground. They corrected the problem, paid shipping both ways, and were very professional about the transaction. I did not have to use my stock seat at any time during the repair. This repair occurred over last winter.
In my experience, Corbin does not suck.

DMAGOLDRDR
09-01-2016, 04:36 PM
I started with the stock seat and then added a Utopia Backrest, not happy I bought a Mustang and although liked the seat I needed more back support so I tried an Ultimate w/backrest. Way too soft and I did not like the position. Picked up Corbin w/backrest and have about 10,000 mi on it. Very happy with the seat.

tiltingf6b
11-28-2016, 08:16 AM

I like Corbin and I HATE Corbin - it's all wonderful until something goes wrong and then they make you feel like it's YOUR FAULT :banghead:

I purchased a Corbin Saddle for my F6C Valkyrie and Loved it - then I ordered the $1800.00 fleetliner saddle bags Corbin makes for it and 12 weeks later they showed up - the wrong color and with damaged mounting brackets. 6 weeks later I got the correct color bags and new mounting brackets but the rear lid was mounted askew at the factory. 6 more weeks later I got everything fixed to my liking with no extra cost (but my patience was tested sky high) and I had to stay on them like stink on doo doo every week till they corrected their screw ups. :icon_frown: They love to pass a troublesome order between sales reps to make things hard to track. Thank goodness for email threads.

Now I own an F6B and the OEM seat is too wide; spreads me out like a busy New Orleans hooker. Yeah yeah 29" inseam.

Do you think I will go with Corbin again? :suicide2:

Even though I like their fancy rear top case option? Hmmmm. :icon_doh::no:

53driver
11-29-2016, 08:51 AM
I like Corbin and I HATE Corbin - it's all wonderful until something goes wrong and then they make you feel like it's YOUR FAULT :banghead:

I purchased a Corbin Saddle for my F6C Valkyrie and Loved it - then I ordered the $1800.00 fleetliner saddle bags Corbin makes for it and 12 weeks later they showed up - the wrong color and with damaged mounting brackets. 6 weeks later I got the correct color bags and new mounting brackets but the rear lid was mounted askew at the factory. 6 more weeks later I got everything fixed to my liking with no extra cost (but my patience was tested sky high) and I had to stay on them like stink on doo doo every week till they corrected their screw ups. :icon_frown: They love to pass a troublesome order between sales reps to make things hard to track. Thank goodness for email threads.

Now I own an F6B and the OEM seat is too wide; spreads me out like a busy New Orleans hooker. Yeah yeah 29" inseam.

Do you think I will go with Corbin again? :suicide2:

Even though I like their fancy rear top case option? Hmmmm. :icon_doh::no:

If you are referring to the Smuggler thingy, let me bend your ear about my experience with the Smuggler, Corbin Headquarters, Corbin Daytona, and the the right way to install that thing.
Cheers,
Steve

ff73148
11-30-2016, 07:57 AM
Crag_328 if you bought your F6B at the Indian dealer in Wayne, you got a great deal. There was every option you could possible buy on that bike. As far as Corbin goes they either work for you or they don't. Customer service, repairs and fitting can be be a problem. Corbin is too big and can't handle it. I have had multiple Corbin seats on different bike. They worked on some not on others. I have a Corbin on my F6B and I love it. Fits great, delivered in perfect condition and it finally broke it at 5000 miles. When I read people's post about Corbin it seems that problems occur when you order something other than a base black seat.