PDA

View Full Version : Best windshield for wind protection??

opas ride
09-16-2013, 05:35 PM
Will soon be moving to an F6B from my current Victory Vision with adjustable windshield..Don't use the feature much so it is not important for me on the new bike....but, the short screen on the F6B is no good for me..I have test ridden the bike twice and cannot deal with the wind noise/turbulence..Dealer has a Baggershield in stock he likes and others have said the Honda taller shield/vent is also good. Others prefer the Cee Bailey's 17/19"...I am 5'9" and usually ride looking thru the windshield as I have terrible allergies and need to keep down the wind..I cannot use a full face helmet as they make me un-comfortable, but do use a 3/4 HJC with face shield which works great for me...Any opinions/comments are welcomed from current F6B riders...Thanks

fl1madmax
09-16-2013, 07:34 PM
Will soon be moving to an F6B from my current Victory Vision with adjustable windshield..Don't use the feature much so it is not important for me on the new bike....but, the short screen on the F6B is no good for me..I have test ridden the bike twice and cannot deal with the wind noise/turbulence..Dealer has a Baggershield in stock he likes and others have said the Honda taller shield/vent is also good. Others prefer the Cee Bailey's 17/19"...I am 5'9" and usually ride looking thru the windshield as I have terrible allergies and need to keep down the wind..I cannot use a full face helmet as they make me un-comfortable, but do use a 3/4 HJC with face shield which works great for me...Any opinions/comments are welcomed from current F6B riders...Thanks

it was only $149, and I'm 6ft, its eye level, no wind, in rain I can see over and it deflects rain over your head,and music is perfect at 20 volume. It also has a Vent you can open or Close, in the center.... JB

bobbyf6b
09-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Since you're 5' 9" and like to look through a shield and you wear a 3/4 helmet I would also recommend the tall Honda shield.

The only thing I don't like about mine is wind buffeting on my ears while wearing a half helmet. Full helmet, no problem. Mine is also trimmed down a bit so that might cause more wind on my ears. The vent is nice too. I wish my Baggershield had a vent.

Mustangjake
09-16-2013, 08:49 PM
They make a 19 inch shield that should work for u !
The honda is 17 inches is not as wide

edgeman55
09-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Baggershield 19" with vent.I look over the top but I am 6"4" with a long torso-so I am sure you would look thru it.Vent is nice to have.I believe he has them on a sale right now.

jkelley
09-17-2013, 12:08 PM
I just put a Baggershield 19" on mine and I like it. I am 6'2" and look over it. I took off the Honda shield with the vent that also worked but I got tired of cleaning bugs from the vent, and you can't clean the bikes dash with the vent.

The Honda shield will be for sale if interested.

edgeman55
09-17-2013, 01:32 PM
I just put a Baggershield 19" on mine and I like it. I am 6'2" and look over it. I took off the Honda shield with the vent that also worked but I got tired of cleaning bugs from the vent, and you can't clean the bikes dash with the vent.

The vent on the Baggershield must sit a little higher then the Honda one as I am able to clean the dash.I really enjoy having the vent as I can direct air up at my face or lower on my body and in some wind conditions it seems to help leaving it open to lower any buffeting around me.Wind is the norm up here in the high desert.Good luck with your sale.

f6bdemon
09-17-2013, 02:48 PM

Man, that's a clean garage !!!! :bowdown:

Rick

jkelley
09-18-2013, 04:46 AM
The vent on the Baggershield must sit a little higher then the Honda one as I am able to clean the dash.I really enjoy having the vent as I can direct air up at my face or lower on my body and in some wind conditions it seems to help leaving it open to lower any buffeting around me.Wind is the norm up here in the high desert.Good luck with your sale.

Yes, it looks like it is higher, the Honda one was hard to get the dash.

unsub
09-18-2013, 06:16 PM
I think regardless of the brand, the F6 definitely looks like business with a taller windshield. I wonder if sales would reflect if Honda delivered the F6 with a taller windshield?

unsub
09-18-2013, 06:17 PM

A ruler or a paint stir stick wrapped in a soft cloth does the trick.

hiflyer
09-26-2013, 03:30 PM
Just added the Cee Bailey 15 w/vent, now we're talking!

imported_scottydi
09-26-2013, 04:02 PM
I am running an F4 Customs without a vent and find that it offers me more protection than the Baggershield or the Honda tall wind shield with a vent. I won this shield at the rally and have to say that it is a very high quality shield, it is a harder material than any other shield I have tried and it sheds rain very well. I am 6'1 and I am using the 16 inch shield with an open face helmet and have no issues at all.

Scott

Bruce B
09-26-2013, 04:13 PM
I just ordered a Madstad which is a bit like the Windbender but also has angle adjustment as a standard feature. Really popular on Road Glides. Check it out at www.madstad.com. If you check out the site, check out the Road Glide info and read what the guy has to say who rode behind one from Texas to the Artic Circle. Heavy duty mileage rider who uses Madstad exclusively. The website shows a Gold Wing application but does not yet have pics of the F6B. I should have mine in a couple of weeks.

ddoug
09-26-2013, 05:03 PM
The Baggershield's are wider than most other brands. I had a 13" CBaily , changed to a 18" Baggershield and the wife had less buffing also. This one works perfect for us.

fsixb_AZ
09-26-2013, 07:35 PM
I feel it is safe to say that 100 percent of F6B owners have replaced that rather worthless stock sliver of a windshield, that being said, Honda should sell the 2014 with a tall shield from the get go, save their customers a little coin...Honda, give the customer what they want, I'll agree the short smoker looks nice but hey, we like to actually hear the stereo at speeds over 10 mph...but then again, the aftermarket industry absolutely loves situations like this.

1951vbs
09-26-2013, 07:46 PM
I feel it is safe to say that 100 percent of F6B owners have replaced that rather worthless stock sliver of a windshield, that being said, Honda should sell the 2014 with a tall shield from the get go, save their customers a little coin...Honda, give the customer what they want, I'll agree the short smoker looks nice but hey, we like to actually hear the stereo at speeds over 10 mph...but then again, the aftermarket industry absolutely loves situations like this.

I know I am in the minority (maybe the only one) but I love the stock screen! I just want it tinted. I asked Bagger Shiled but no go, however Cee Baileys will custom make me any even size. I am not a big radio guy and when I do headphones are best IMO. I like the breeze and mostly the looks, plus no buffetting with the short screen. Wind noise yes, buffetting no. Coolness has its price!

Scotrod
09-27-2013, 12:55 PM
LOL! I've never been 'cool', so it would probably be extremely difficult for me to change all that now! :icon_biggrin:

I actually like the OEM shield,,, but only for lazy putts through the countryside when its hot, or 'in town' rides. Otherwise, taller shields rule! :yes:

The Baggershield is a pretty darn nice 'combination' shield. A little more air when 'low' and and pretty enjoyable on the superslab when its 'up high'. Super easy to change from one to the next. Takes a minute, maybe,,,

Long story, but my bike came with a GL1800 Baggershield, and not a F6B Baggershield. (Easiest way to tell is the gap between the sides of the shield and the top of the fairing by the mirrors. If 3-4+ inches, GL shield, if ~flush~ to 1 1/4" F6B shield).

Spencer w/Baggershield was EXCELLENT in helping me figure out what I needed, and what the differences were. Wife and I are both getting the F6B version of the Baggershield sent to us.

Hope they get here quick,,, The wife currently has my "GL" Baggershield on her 6 and I have her OEM Honda shield on my 6,,, and,,,, it's 'LOVE-BUG' season here! AYE CARRUMBA! About as much fun as tail-gating a cattle truck!!!! :shock:

Westernbiker
09-27-2013, 03:59 PM

Best windshield for wind protection is the one in your car or truck! :icon_biggrin:

Dmoon64
10-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Baggershield 19" with vent.I look over the top but I am 6"4" with a long torso-so I am sure you would look thru it.Vent is nice to have.I believe he has them on a sale right now.

I like that shield. What was his sale price?

Scotrod
10-01-2013, 12:59 PM
In ~recent~ conversations w/Spencer, the sale they were having ended the weekend of the 22nd.
BUT,,, they do seem to run sales on a pretty regular basis! :icon_biggrin:

Bama Bagger
11-02-2013, 02:02 AM
Ordered the two piece Baggershield last week and installed today. Wow, what a difference between that shield and the stocker from Honda. I only was able to ride a short distance with normal lower and then extension in up position but what I did notice was SIGNIFICANT! :icon_razz:

opas ride
11-02-2013, 10:07 AM
I had the dealer install the two piece 19" adjustable Baggershield at delivery..I really like the wind protection and it seems to be as good as I have had on a bike...The stock shield is way to noisy, windy, and just not for me....The best wind/element protection I have had on a bike, although, was the adjustable windshield on my Victory Vision..IMHO, the best period.....

wishey1
11-02-2013, 11:59 AM
I like that shield. What was his sale price?

Hey DMoon....I've got the bagger shield in the box. It was on the bike new when I bought it.
Rode it home fri. Then had to go back to the dealer to get the Corbin off my scooter and while
I was there had them take the bagger shield off and put on the honda tall one.

I'm going to keep the honda tall as I liked it better for visibility. The dark lower part of the
bagger shield didn't allow me to see the "cracks in the street as I went by". Just always
had a clear shield. The bagger shield probably looks better and the wind block is also about
the same.......

If you want it let me know, thanks.

F4 Customs
11-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi all! Wanted to throw in some information about F4 F6B shields. Ours are available in 14-16-18-20 inch models and are 2-2-3-4 inches wider than the stock F6B, respectively. You can get tint or clear, and with a vent or without. Cleaning is the easiest you've ever encountered on a motorcycle windshield....just use Windex-type cleaner (or F4 Cleaner) and paper towels. Bugs can't stick, our surface cleans amazingly easy. Optical clarity is guaranteed perfect, and the F4 is polycarbonate and WILL NOT shatter. Any questions, call or email us. By the way, they are 10% off until November 15th....use Coupon Code 1115 for online orders.