PDA

View Full Version : Out of the hospital and ready to ride...

stepbill
09-01-2016, 04:24 PM
23081 Had the knee replaced on Tuesday and now waiting to heal and ride again. Will miss then Russellville trip. Hope everyone has a great trip and ride safe!

willtill
09-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Chicks dig scars. :icon_lol:

Make sure you follow that PT... Really important
:wheelchair wheelie:

Best of thoughts to your healing Bill! :thumb:

MisterB
09-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Oh man, best wishes to you brother. Hope your pain level is tolerable, that's a big freakin incision!! Surgeon got mesmerized by how easy the scalpel moved through flesh and snapped out of it after 12"? Just kidding, prolly necessary to do it right.
Badass that you're already planning on riding.

stroguy
09-01-2016, 04:39 PM
Nice scar. Heal fast Air Force.

Travelor
09-01-2016, 04:42 PM
Wishing you the best for a speedy recovery. That's one hell of an incision!

JBnAZ
09-01-2016, 10:15 PM
Nice scar, good luck with pt. I had bilateral partial knee replacements - both knees at the same time. Surgery in late Sep, first ride week before Thanksgiving. First ride was a bit scary, wife was a little pissed when she found out. Been riding since then.

That first ride is great motivation, my goals was Christmas, was thrilled to beat that date.

Bruce B
09-02-2016, 12:01 AM
Good luck with a full recovery. I've had three total knee replacements and can honestly say that pain is your friend. Your willingness to do your therapy, and even to go above and beyond, will determine the success of your recovery. Do each therapy activity until it hurts so terribly that you just can't handle it, and then push a bit farther. Unlike a hip replacement, there is nothing in that knee that can be damaged by overdoing. Don't worry about that. Learn to love the pain. You'll never regret it. Press on, and good luck.

Jimmytee
09-02-2016, 04:00 AM
:cheers: Here to a quick recovery. Sorry that we'll miss you at Russelville. I like your bike. "coffee" :icon_lol:

114th COBRA
09-02-2016, 05:35 AM
Hope you have a speedy recovery. :icon_biggrin: May have to have my right one done in a year or so, along with having my left hip re-done. Not looking forward to either. :icon_frown:

wjduke
09-02-2016, 06:45 AM
Hope for a speedy recovery. Damn, the military was hard on you guys....glad I got out early!

willtill
09-02-2016, 06:53 AM
Hope for a speedy recovery. Damn, the military was hard on you guys....glad I got out early!
Tell me about it :icon_rolleyes:

http://i65.tinypic.com/20hsqis.jpg

Stepbill... post an X-ray of your wonderful new hardware in your knee... so we all can ooo and ahhh your enhancement.. :icon_wink:

53driver
09-02-2016, 07:37 AM
"Pain is weakness leaving the body."
- old USMC saying, usually pre-empted by "rub some dirt on it."

My one recommendation for follow-on?
Get the absolute "HOTTEST" physical therapist you can.
You are not going to push yourself for "Bruce" who is wearing skinny jeans - I guarantee it.