PDA

View Full Version : Light up your gas tank. Anyone else do this?

SPGrenier
09-05-2016, 11:12 AM
When I first bought the F6B, I found that it was difficult to see the fill hole when gassing up at night. Last thing I need is an over flow. So, I tuck a cheap $3.00 flashlight in the fill compartment. Silly, but it comes in quite handy. Hey! What can I say? I have a great mind. LOL

53driver
09-05-2016, 12:26 PM
I use an LED key fob light if necessary, but I generally don't go to unlit, dark, gas stations at night.....lol.

I also keep an LED flashlight in the center cubby.

stroguy
09-05-2016, 01:06 PM
If you order from Battery Junction they always send a free lil squeeze light. Perfect for this gas cavern.

opas ride
09-05-2016, 01:20 PM
When I first bought the F6B, I found that it was difficult to see the fill hole when gassing up at night. Last thing I need is an over flow. So, I tuck a cheap $3.00 flashlight in the fill compartment. Silly, but it comes in quite handy. Hey! What can I say? I have a great mind. LOL

Nice idea, but as some have said, I don't ride at night or near dark, unlighted gas stations, so not an issue for me....Ride safe

SPGrenier
09-05-2016, 06:23 PM
In my area, some gas stations are closed but they leave the pumps on for direct, late night card purchases. Some dim their overhead canopy lights at night making it difficult to view fuel levels. I work nights and often fuel up under these conditions.

Sorcerer
09-05-2016, 09:49 PM
My be a small battery operated tap / puck light double face taped to the under side of the gas door. I have one in each side bag.

53driver
09-05-2016, 10:08 PM
In my area, some gas stations are closed but they leave the pumps on for direct, late night card purchases. Some dim their overhead canopy lights at night making it difficult to view fuel levels. I work nights and often fuel up under these conditions.

...roger that. Necessity is the mother of invention!
I prefer to fuel up under less spooky circumstances....:yikes:

MisterB
09-05-2016, 10:37 PM
If you order from Battery Junction they always send a free lil squeeze light. Perfect for this gas cavern.
Aha! are you a fellow flashoholic? Can never have enough lights!

I use the little coiled spring around the nozzles we have in this area as a depth gauge. Just rest the nozzle on the end of the spring and it's about level with the bottom of the fill tube.
They don't use them everywhere though.

CheesyRider
09-06-2016, 07:58 AM
I just use a lighter. What could go wrong?

http://wicu.images.worldnow.com/images/22151902_BG1.jpg

SPGrenier
09-06-2016, 10:54 AM
I just use a lighter. What could go wrong?

http://wicu.images.worldnow.com/images/22151902_BG1.jpg

Exactly what I try to avoid. OMG wow!