PDA

View Full Version : NJ area riders

HONDO
09-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Anyone going to Roar to the shore in Wildwood NJ?

stroguy
09-07-2016, 04:52 PM
Anyone going to Roar to the shore in Wildwood NJ?

I'm not going, but why does Jersey get exclusive rights to calling the beaches 'the shore'? I remember growing up in Philthydelphia and we would head to Brigantine, it was always......'we are heading to the shore'. In Florida, it's going to the beach. In Mississippi it's going to the beach. Pretty cool how that moniker has always stuck.

53driver
09-07-2016, 05:12 PM
I'm not going, but why does Jersey get exclusive rights to calling the beaches 'the shore'? I remember growing up in Philthydelphia and we would head to Brigantine, it was always......'we are heading to the shore'. In Florida, it's going to the beach. In Mississippi it's going to the beach. Pretty cool how that moniker has always stuck.

Because the "sand" on the shore sucks - gravel.
The sand on the beach is awesome.

Bob Penn
09-08-2016, 10:32 AM
I'm leaving tomorrow morning and meeting up with my cousin in Metuchen around 9 am. Should be in Wildwood by 11:30. See my post under rides and meets on this forum,7

53 you've obviously never been to the Jersey "SHORE"!!! Or you have a short memory.
The Jersey shore is nothing but fine grain sand.

willtill
09-08-2016, 11:02 AM
I'm leaving tomorrow morning and meeting up with my cousin in Metuchen around 9 am. Should be in Wildwood by 11:30. See my post under rides and meets on this forum,7

53 you've obviously never been to the Jersey "SHORE"!!! Or you have a short memory.

And garbage :stirthepot:

Bob Penn
09-08-2016, 11:21 AM
And garbage :stirthepot:

I'm not a big fan of Jersey but even in the interest of stirring a pot I don't tell lie's about the things I obviously know nothing about!

willtill
09-08-2016, 11:38 AM
I'm not a big fan of Jersey but even in the interest of stirring a pot I don't tell lie's about the things I obviously know nothing about!

Just a joke Bob. :icon_wink:

But here's a video for you :shhh:

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/local/down-the-shore/94180-watch-video-of-trash-strewn-across-wildwood-beach-goes-viral-

http://i67.tinypic.com/4segiv.jpg

Bob Penn
09-08-2016, 12:20 PM
If you look at your tape and you look out to the background it's pretty obvious the litter is primarily in the foreground staged to make a point.

Speaking of points you wrote when asked who is going to the Roar to the shore: "In New Jersey? Doubtful... that state is "heavily regulated". I'll not venture a foot into it, if at all possible " on another thread. Maybe the garbage is the reason for the regulations. I think I do remember a problem Jersey had with some visitors from out of state last year. They were from Maryland weren't they.

Jokes are for making people laugh! Not for discouraging people from attending events that they may enjoy.

Yes, I do have a problem with negativism!

willtill
09-08-2016, 12:58 PM
If you look at your tape and you look out to the background it's pretty obvious the litter is primarily in the foreground staged to make a point.

Speaking of points you wrote when asked who is going to the Roar to the shore: "In New Jersey? Doubtful... that state is "heavily regulated". I'll not venture a foot into it, if at all possible " on another thread. Maybe the garbage is the reason for the regulations. I think I do remember a problem Jersey had with some visitors from out of state last year. They were from Maryland weren't they.

Jokes are for making people laugh! Not for discouraging people from attending events that they may enjoy.

Yes, I do have a problem with negativism!

Wow Bob. Lighten up... :icon_rolleyes:

You're starting to sound like some grumpy old man G\W owner. :icon_lol:

53driver
09-13-2016, 09:11 AM

Bob, I took the kids to a lighthouse nearer the northern coast. Very rocky and gravel like.
I have not been down towards wildwood and that area.
And yes, per my wife, my memory is waning.....
Cheers,
Steve