PDA

View Full Version : Madstad success!

Switchmonkey
09-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Just installed my Madstad windscreen today. 15" Smoke. I am 6'3" with 35" inseam. I did about 30 or so up to 200Kph runs making tweaks along the way. BYJEEZUS, the thing works!!

I have it set about 3/4" down from max with the first notch of tilt forward from flat. I can run all the way to where things get twitchy on the bike, and there is just a slight flow into the face, no buffet, not head slapping, no turbulence. I can listen to the audio in peace and quiet now. All I can say is WOW!

It actually looks OK on the Matte Grey bike too. I think my search is over.

Also a cool plus, is I could remove the brackets and shield and just go with the base unit. Solid black, just a tad larger than stock shield. Looks good at 'Show 'n Shine'

willtill
09-07-2016, 07:49 PM
It's a good setup. I am still playing with my 13" medium gray. :yes:

Tell us how you feel with it... when you hit inclement weather. :shhh:

copper
09-07-2016, 08:38 PM

Also a cool plus, is I could remove the brackets and shield and just go with the base unit. Solid black, just a tad larger than stock shield. Looks good at 'Show 'n Shine'

Never thought to do that, great idea!

Even for riding around town when it's crazy hot out in the summer....

Switchmonkey
09-07-2016, 08:53 PM
Never thought to do that, great idea!

Even for riding around town when it's crazy hot out in the summer....

Rode around town a bit with just the base unit before completing the install. Just as crap as the stocker, but better looking. It would be a 'Show 'n Shine' only option for me.

Switchmonkey
09-07-2016, 08:56 PM
It's a good setup. I am still playing with my 13" medium gray. :yes:

Tell us how you feel with it... when you hit inclement weather. :shhh:

Can't be any worse than the 109 with nothing but the nacelle up front. Full face, all the time. Now I never need to lower the visor until it snows! Ontario riding is fun in January!

motozeke
09-07-2016, 09:07 PM
BYJEEZUS, the thing works!!

The Madstad screen with the Goldwing fairing truly delivers on the promise of quiet, buffet-free riding at 80+ mph. This is the real deal. In fact my biggest issue is just not getting *enough* air into my jacket when it's hot, even with shorty gloves and Hand Wings.

terryboyle
09-07-2016, 09:10 PM
Inquiring minds want to see how it looks.'riding'

Delta
09-08-2016, 08:17 AM
Curious as to what you meant by the first notch of tilt. My matstad does not have any notches.

Wing'n it
09-08-2016, 10:58 AM
I have rode mine in the rain and it actually does a decent job of getting the water up and over you. Your gonna get wet but it protects you better than you think for a 2 piece shield. Once I purchased mine my windshield shopping was over now I just keep buying fronts for it in different heights and colors.

Switchmonkey
09-08-2016, 12:54 PM
Curious as to what you meant by the first notch of tilt. My matstad does not have any notches.

You can see in the knob pics, there are small humps in the slot that seat the pin when tight. Not an infinite scale, but segmented.

I also just noticed by looking more closely at the pics, the powdercoat/paint in that area is already worn to the metal after some adjusting. That's gonna need to be addressed at some point.

willtill
09-08-2016, 01:16 PM

You can see in the knob pics, there are small humps in the slot that seat the pin when tight. Not an infinite scale, but segmented.

That is interesting. I don't have those "humps" in my bracket. Nor is my plastic adjustment knob marked with the "M" logo...

...that's it. I'm ripping it off and sending it back :nono:

J/K :icon_lol:

Switchmonkey
09-08-2016, 01:19 PM
That is interesting. I don't have those "humps" in my bracket. Nor is my plastic adjustment knob marked with the "M" logo...

...that's it. I'm ripping it off and sending it back :nono:

J/K :icon_lol:

I understand that there are older, or newer, (I'm assuming mine are new since they are a week old) brackets for these. Perhaps mine are custom to go with the fastest colour, Matte Grey!