PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust gasket for a Goldwing/F6B needed

Crazyhorse
09-13-2016, 01:31 PM
I'm in need of a exhaust gasket for my F6B. Changing out the exhaust and found that the gasket was missing on the right side. I have called all the Honda shops around Nashville, TN and no one has one. Ordered one from Partszilla last week and now I'm told it is on back order until who knows. I would be glad to buy it or replace it with a new one as soon as possible. Part # is 18392-MCA-S40.

98valk
09-14-2016, 10:10 AM
I'm in need of a exhaust gasket for my F6B. Changing out the exhaust and found that the gasket was missing on the right side. I have called all the Honda shops around Nashville, TN and no one has one. Ordered one from Partszilla last week and now I'm told it is on back order until who knows. I would be glad to buy it or replace it with a new one as soon as possible. Part # is 18392-MCA-S40.

Maybe it is not missing. I know with the Valks, sometimes the gasket would stay in the engine. It can hide there pretty well.

Travelor
09-14-2016, 12:59 PM

Any chance it's still inside the muffler? it would be really weird for it to be missing and not noticed before you changed the exhaust?

Crazyhorse
09-15-2016, 06:46 AM
The previous owner had replaced or had someone replace the Cobra exhaust with the OEM exhaust. I'm guessing that was when the gasket came up missing. It is very unlike the Valkyrie exhaust gasket. It would however be easy to not see it stuck in the muffler while changing. I can't believe it has been so hard to locate one. The Honda dealers in the Nashville area do not stock many parts and some said it would be days before they could get one. Still waiting on Partszilla (back order). Friend is picking one up at the Honda shop in Litchfield, IL for me today.