And what spat ?:jerkit:

willtill
09-14-2016, 12:06 PM
And what spat ?:jerkit:

That thread was deleted.

Travelor
09-14-2016, 12:56 PM
That thread was deleted.

That's too bad. I always enjoyed her humor and southern take on things. Guess she won't be at the rally? That's a real shame.

willtill
09-14-2016, 02:24 PM
That's too bad. I always enjoyed her humor and southern take on things. Guess she won't be at the rally? That's a real shame.

No idea of her plans for this year's Rally... but if she's not coming, I'll miss her too. She's fun. Enjoyed her presence last year at the Rally in North Carolina.

stroguy
09-14-2016, 03:23 PM
Dude, I'll be there.

choptop
09-14-2016, 03:30 PM
Dude, I'll be there.

Sorry but I don't think you look as cute on a F6b.:icon_lol:

Jimmytee
09-14-2016, 04:07 PM
She's on Facebook. I heard, but didn't see the conversation that took place. They're getting together with some in Maggie Valley. Was torn myself. Some, still listed as attending the Rally are actually going there or other plans. I looked forward to having those people at the Rally. I haven't been to Arkansas though and I have been looking forward to the Rally so my plans are the same. :icon_wink:

stroguy
09-14-2016, 04:07 PM
Heartbroken, you should see me hovering over a plate of sketty and meatballs.

seadog
09-14-2016, 04:22 PM
Teach and shooter were like a comedy team and it just a shame they aren't on the forum anymore, they both brought an err of humor to the site and it's just been a drag without them on here. JMHO

Jimmytee
09-14-2016, 05:08 PM
Teach and shooter were like a comedy team and it just a shame they aren't on the forum anymore, they both brought an err of humor to the site and it's just been a drag without them on here. JMHO

+1

choptop
09-14-2016, 05:34 PM
(2) of the people I was looking forward to putting a face to the name.:icon_frown:

shortleg0521
09-14-2016, 06:02 PM
She's on Facebook. I heard, but didn't see the conversation that took place. They're getting together with some in Maggie Valley. Was torn myself. Some, still listed as attending the Rally are actually going there or other plans. I looked forward to having those people at the Rally. I haven't been to Arkansas though and I have been looking forward to the Rally so my plans are the same. :icon_wink:

Jimmy glad you are going, looking forward to seeing you.
shortleg

3Chief
09-14-2016, 06:09 PM

+2

I thought she was just busy with the new school year...hadn't noticed shooter as much but your right it hasn't been quite the same lately :icon_frown:

Jimmytee
09-14-2016, 06:22 PM
Jimmy glad you are going, looking forward to seeing you.
shortleg

Same here. I am looking forward to it. My fun begins Friday, riding to Rainman's Indiana Dragon Roundup. Coming home and switching bikes to head to the Rally. Not positive whether we're leaving Sunday or Monday. It's only a little north of 500 miles or so. That's really a one day trip.

choptop
09-14-2016, 07:13 PM
Gota know, was it a North / South thing ?:shock:

seadog
09-14-2016, 08:25 PM

What set the whole mess in motion, I heard bits and piece but not the reason where it all started from!

jm21ddd15
09-14-2016, 08:29 PM
What set the whole mess in motion, I heard bits and piece but not the reason where it all started from!

Ya, I kinda wondered why I hadn't seen any post from either of them. Seemed like all was fun and games, unsure what went down. Are they still Forum members?

choptop
09-14-2016, 09:26 PM
Ya, I kinda wondered why I hadn't seen any post from either of them. Seemed like all was fun and games, unsure what went down. Are they still Forum members?

jm21ddd15, see you in Rolla ?

Bighutch14
09-14-2016, 11:09 PM
We will br there choptop. We are leaving sunday afternoon now so maybecwe can join you st uour first stop sunday night then roll to rolla together monday. Where you plan on staying sunday night?

wjduke
09-15-2016, 04:39 AM

It wasn't a north/south thing that caused their absence. Here, I'll clear the air a little and am going to leave it alone after this. Shooter started a thread and it was deleted after "the mods" didn't approve. There's a bit more to that, I saw what happened, but I'm not going there. GaTeach is alive and well and so is shooter. She's riding Maggie Valley next week and so am I. That's the only north/south thing going on.

It's not my business to say any more than that.

choptop
09-15-2016, 07:16 AM
Thank you wjduke, no big thing, just realized some people were not posting, I miss them, wish it could be resolved and everybody was happy but hey, I'm happy and that's all that matters, it's all about me...:yikes:

wjduke
09-15-2016, 08:21 AM
Thank you wjduke, no big thing, just realized some people were not posting, I miss them, wish it could be resolved and everybody was happy but hey, I'm happy and that's all that matters, it's all about me...:yikes:
They are missed, by many. It's too bad the way things happened.

Phantom
09-15-2016, 08:27 AM
Just the FACTS …..

Being inconsiderate and disrespectful to the simple request of ... please stop HIJACKING an important thread.

Threads will always be Hijacked and the topic may end up going on to another avenue, yet we try to bring the thread back to the OP's topic.

For months (several times) it was politely requested to NOT hijack the Rally thread (It continued to be ignored). This ONE thread is what we use to gauge and prepare for the Rally and allows new members to read about the event. New members having to go through pages of non-rally comments to find the information is not what the thread was for.

Due to the continuous non-rally comments and IGNORED requests, I personally created the "Love Fest" thread and directed those individuals to that thread back in APRIL and temporarily locked the Rally thread hoping that the non-sense would stop and requested those interested on attending the Rally to just send me a PM since they now could not respond stating that they would be attending ---> http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8396-Member-s-Love-Fest-Thread&highlight=love+fest

Once I felt that the Rally thread would be left alone, it was unlocked. Well you guessed it, certain individuals returned to the thread and continued their non-sense. Once again, I politely hinted and requested that they stop Hijacking the thread. Shooter took it upon himself of starting a new thread expressing his displeasure and mocking my multiple requests. I finally expressed my frustration, I try to do what is best for the forum however we will never be able to please everyone.

Shooter knew exactly what he was purposely doing and continued to push the limits. After my response to his thread he decided to stop posting, grabbed his ball and went home instead of acknowledging or apologizing for the un-necessary aggravation. Some members followed his foot steps, others took his side and blamed Phantom for being the one at fault for the situation. You can only sugar coat a simple request for so long.

It's a shame, Bryan and I had lots in common.
I try to help EVERYONE whenever I can wherever I can with the LIMITED time that I have in between my family and business. This forum requires a bit of time to manage, fulfill requests and run behind the scenes by the Moderators, webmaster and myself. It sometimes becomes apparent that a few don't appreciate what we do nor respect the time and resources that we dedicate so that many can enjoy this forum.

The forum has rules and is run in a manner that is best for everyone, some will never agree with our decisions and that's just part of life.

The Rally will be a very nice venue for those that attend, I have always met great people at the event.
Now you know the rest of the story.

Travelor
09-15-2016, 08:47 AM
Just the FACTS …..

The Rally will be a very nice venue for those that attend, I have always met great people at the event.

Thank you. Your efforts for the Forum and the Rally are appreciated, and I look forward to seeing you (and others) again at this year's rally.
Bill

willtill
09-15-2016, 09:01 AM
Thank you. Your efforts for the Forum and the Rally are appreciated, and I look forward to seeing you (and others) again at this year's rally.
Bill

Ditto :yes: :yes:

wjduke
09-15-2016, 09:41 AM
Just the FACTS …..

Being inconsiderate and disrespectful to the simple request of ... please stop HIJACKING an important thread.

Threads will always be Hijacked and the topic may end up going on to another avenue, yet we try to bring the thread back to the OP's topic.

For months (several times) it was politely requested to NOT hijack the Rally thread (It continued to be ignored). This ONE thread is what we use to gauge and prepare for the Rally and allows new members to read about the event. New members having to go through pages of non-rally comments to find the information is not what the thread was for.

Due to the continuous non-rally comments and IGNORED requests, I personally created the "Love Fest" thread and directed those individuals to that thread back in APRIL and temporarily locked the Rally thread hoping that the non-sense would stop and requested those interested on attending the Rally to just send me a PM since they now could not respond stating that they would be attending ---> http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8396-Member-s-Love-Fest-Thread&highlight=love+fest

Once I felt that the Rally thread would be left alone, it was unlocked. Well you guessed it, certain individuals returned to the thread and continued their non-sense. Once again, I politely hinted and requested that they stop Hijacking the thread. Shooter took it upon himself of starting a new thread expressing his displeasure and mocking my multiple requests. I finally expressed my frustration, I try to do what is best for the forum however we will never be able to please everyone.

Shooter knew exactly what he was purposely doing and continued to push the limits. After my response to his thread he decided to stop posting, grabbed his ball and went home instead of acknowledging or apologizing for the un-necessary aggravation. Some members followed his foot steps, others took his side and blamed Phantom for being the one at fault for the situation. You can only sugar coat a simple request for so long.

I try to help EVERYONE whenever I can wherever I can with the LIMITED time that I have in between my family and business. This forum requires a bit of time to manage, fulfill requests and run behind the scenes by the Moderators, webmaster and myself. It sometimes becomes apparent that a few don't appreciate what we do nor respect the time and resources that we dedicate so that many can enjoy this forum.

The forum has rules and is run in a manner that is best for everyone, some will never agree with our decisions and that's just part of life.

Tony, we never met. I respect what you said here. As far as the bold statement, I thought it was highly out of character, ( I say that not knowing you ), to say what you did, with all the name calling language you used. That's what ticked me off more than anything, and if you look at my response, I said it was uncalled for. The rest is history and I stood behind my friend.

Old Ryder
09-15-2016, 10:00 AM
Bill

Me, too.

In my RC Airplane days, autos and trucks and different motorbike forums, I have noticed that there is always going to be a disgruntled member or two--and many times they may have a point. But the fact is we are allowed to play in another person's sandbox and we are guests at their expense and enjoy the "free insight, tech info, and association" (good and bad :icon_mrgreen:) while somebody else pays the bills to keep the lights on. The rules at different forums vary greatly--and yes, I have gotten my share of PMs from mods as not everybody appreciates my sense of humor. And yes it is true that I will challenge the reasoning of some, not because I disagree but because I want to know WHY they think that way. However, this tactic is not always welcomed and has gotten me a nice warning or ten.

In my old age I try to be less confrontational. It is very easy to talk a big game with a keyboard and no eye contact.

Phantom
09-15-2016, 10:56 AM
Wayne, those that know me know that I am a no non-sense, very patient, tolerant and a generous person.

You are correct, I don't normally respond in that manner. Unfortunately it may be the response that someone else needs to hear and comprehends. Hence my statement at the end of my response … this thread will be deleted shortly.

Respecting each others abilities, contributions, time and efforts is not asking much ...

This forum belongs to everyone … Let's just move on, I don't have the time to waste on this any more.

As I mentioned to several people, Shooter and Teach are more then welcomed to attend the Rally, they are part of the family and would never be turned away. We are adults, at times you have to agree to disagree and move on.

choptop
09-15-2016, 03:51 PM
Thank you Phantom, for the "rest of the story'.:icon_cool:

shooter
09-16-2016, 07:24 AM
Just the FACTS …..

Ah , but Tony you lie. I did apologize to the members and it was not done on the rally thread. It was a new thread that I started. Also the post that pissed you off was not on the rally thread. Put it back up. No you won't do that. I was OK with your shyt till you lied about it. I quit posting on your precious rally thread when you got mad. It was important that the thread stay pure. By gosh we have to have space to sell those T-Shirts. So for all the board , I did issue an apology but it was deleted along with the uncalled for reaction by Tony.

Reedman71
09-16-2016, 08:44 AM

Phantom
09-16-2016, 10:25 AM
.notworthy.

:icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes:
:crackup::crackup::icon_laugh::icon_laugh:

:kap:
I give up.

Brian, Please forget about it. Life is too short.

Folks, I have other important and more critical issues at hand then to respond to this nonsense.

53driver
09-16-2016, 10:50 AM
As a moderator on this forum I have some comments:

Tony - yes, yes you do have more important things to attend to. Godspeed and prayers are with you and your family.

Brian - I will validate that you apologized to the board in one of the threads. I do not know which one - doesn't matter - as I know it happened.

For the two of you - shake hands or shrug shoulders.

For me - I have a rally to finish planning.
For those of you attending the rally, you have planning to do yourselves to ensure you safely get to Russellville.
I'll see y'all there. I'll greatly miss those who chose not to attend.

For the rest of the forum - carry on, ride safely, and mind the idiots.
Cheers,
Steve

Phantom
09-16-2016, 11:29 AM
Thank You Steve !

As you are aware of, my time has been limited on the board and I haven't been able to read every post.

Brian, let's take the high road and move on.

Brian, show up at the Rally, you will be greeted with welcoming hands.

Davidk
09-16-2016, 02:12 PM
Thank You Steve !

As you are aware of, my time has been limited on the board and I haven't been able to read every post.

Brian, let's take the high road and move on.

Brian, show up at the Rally, you will be greeted with welcoming hands.

I am pleased to see this offer of peace. Hopefully both parties will accept and things can return to the way they were.

choptop
09-16-2016, 03:58 PM
And I am sorry I started the thread but If it gets a dialog going and mends this rift, it a good thing, life is to short... see some at the Rally.

Ixol Phaane
09-16-2016, 10:10 PM
+1

+2

Audiochris90
09-17-2016, 01:56 PM
So how do i get that 6.5 inch speaker in my 5 1/4 inch hole?

Seriously, please lighten up all. Remember we all love the same bike. We all love shooter and his wit. And Phantom for the best forum around. Im sure i jacked a few threads. I can appreciate the needs for organization. Please blow this off guys and gals. (Teach) come on back, we need you.

RickJ
09-17-2016, 03:34 PM
"Brian, show up at the Rally, you will be greeted with welcoming hands. "

Hmmmmm....sounds vaguely obscene....but interesting. Now I REALLY wish I were going!!

MisterB
09-17-2016, 07:13 PM
"Brian, show up at the Rally, you will be greeted with welcoming hands. "

Hmmmmm....sounds vaguely obscene....but interesting. Now I REALLY wish I were going!!
Ok, since you started... I thought it sounded more menacing than obscene. Prelude to a strangling.
Regardless, the title of thread should be changed from Teach to Learn.
Theae mods are pretty laid back compared to the mods on other boards I've been to, CPF mods will ban you for a week from talking back! (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forum.php)
Moderators have a one-to-many relationship with the forum and really can't let stuff slide or it starts to affect the tone and culture of the board. They have to police many, many threads and can't adjust rules Willy-nilly. It may seem arbitrary but if you just step back for a minute after getting shot down by a moderator, take a breath and realize they've got a lot to do plus lead a normal life away from the boards, adjust attitude, everything will be fine.
Also, a lot of us are older, maybe bosses, and don't like being told what to do. I can relate, but we have bosses when we're in someone else's board. Even if we're right!

53driver
09-17-2016, 09:44 PM
Well, I have personally, on separate occasions, "broken bread" with Phantom, Teach, & Shooter.
They are all of similar stock - as in, I like them all.

I'm going to miss them at the rally.
Bummed out,
Steve