PDA

View Full Version : Traded my 15 F6B this spring for a Ninja 1000....but you'll never guess..

Redlinez
09-16-2016, 05:37 PM
Well, obviously that purchase pissed off my most loved passenger, my wife. I thought I would like riding mach 3 down back roads with buds, but alas I enjoy spending time with her more. I went to the best dealer ever, Sport Cycles in Rockingham NC, and test rode two cruisers. Let me tell you, I read enough Internet reviews to make me think no bike would work! I originally had my heart set on a Victory Cross Tour, but the dealer wouldn't even talk about trading. So I test rode a new Kawasaki Voyager. Very let down after all the good press. Very lacking in power, just clumsy feeling and omg all the noises. Biggest surprise was the used 15 Harley Road King. My first Harley ride ever, and I'm 45, and I liked it a lot. Tons of character, loved the engine and overall feel. Unfortunately, it couldnt carry my negative equity from the old F6B and Ninja. So there I was looking at the only bike that made sense, a leftover matte silver new F6B! Great deal, about $800 less than the first time. Forgot how well this bike lays over for turns. Low cog no doubt. I ordered the pasenger backrest as part of the deal and already know a windshield is next. Man that ride sucked at 80!! I'm back.

Blk6bgg6
09-16-2016, 06:54 PM
Awesome man ,that's so funny.You know u can't live with em an u can't you know what without em,women that is.As for the bike it really is tough to top the f6b versatility.It does everything well.Welcome back

Redlinez
09-16-2016, 06:54 PM
Pics of the Harley and my new F6B

Blk6bgg6
09-16-2016, 07:03 PM
Nice.white bikes look so cool,that matte silver looks good too.

JBnAZ
09-16-2016, 08:18 PM
So many bikes, limited funds and time, only one wife - enjoy your new ride and time with your lady. My wife would be pissed if I asked her to ride on something less comfortable than the B, or another bagger.

CopperMike
09-16-2016, 09:07 PM
One of the main reasons I got rid of my go fast bike was for wife's comfort. Little did I know the B is a sleeper!!!'gw-smiley''gw-smiley'

Redlinez
09-16-2016, 09:58 PM
Just to be clear, I couldn't buy the HD, but I really, really liked it. Just some things I gotta change on the B to make it right for me, as many others have done. Windshield and seat on the top of the list. But the seat has to work with the OEM passenger backrest. I think I made the mistake of watching the Traxxion Dynamics video. Hate to know what that stuff cost, but I need to look into getting rid of that solenoid or whatever stiffens the front forks on braking. I felt that today and really noticed it after just test riding two other bikes. The other weird thing I have to get used to is the matte "paint". I've never owned a vehicle I couldn't wash and wax. I guess it will always look pretty good? Oh and it will be new helmet shopping time. Tired of not matching...

Ixol Phaane
09-16-2016, 10:08 PM
https://youtu.be/xZzEzDkeHzI

Redlinez
09-17-2016, 08:45 AM
^ Thanks! Now if I only had hair!