PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Canadians in Here??

Bunny
09-18-2013, 05:36 PM
i am from Manitoba - don't have my F6B yet but i will next summer. . . . are there any others from Manitoba, Winnipeg area? Maybe next summer we can get a ride night going with F6B riders. . . .

MichaelG
09-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Bunny, if you would have looked real close, I rode to Winnipeg, Manitoba after the F6B rally in North Carolina. Went to the Canada Inn at Polo Park in Winnipeg, stayed there for a couple hours, then rode home to Washington, where the lightning Gods smite me.

Pay attention, as you never know when an F6B will be rolling through Winnipeg :icon_mrgreen:

unsub
09-18-2013, 06:05 PM
i am from Manitoba - don't have my F6B yet but i will next summer. . . . are there any others from Manitoba, Winnipeg area? Maybe next summer we can get a ride night going with F6B riders. . . .

"Are there any Canadians in Here"??

Welcome Bunny. I'm sure they'll chime in but I think there are a few. British Columbia, New Brunswick, Alberta, and you of course from Manitoba.

"Pay attention, as you never know when an F6B will be rolling through Winnipeg"

On his way down from the moon shot Sparky was in fact a "Landed" immigrant for a short time.

Coyote1998
09-19-2013, 10:22 PM

We are from West Kelowna, B C, and we rode through Winnepeg a couple of weeks ago. New black F6B, we went across Canada, down the east coast to Key West, now we are in Tucson, heading to the west coast to ride home. 5 weeks total on the road.

bobbyf6b
09-19-2013, 11:27 PM
We are from West Kelowna, B C, and we rode through Winnepeg a couple of weeks ago. New black F6B, we went across Canada, down the east coast to Key West, now we are in Tucson, heading to the west coast to ride home. 5 weeks total on the road.

Hello from Phoenix! :th_sunbathe:

Coyote1998
09-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Hello from Phoenix! :th_sunbathe:

Hi from Tucson, we are heading to California tomorrow and up the west coast and home. If we had more time, it would have been nice to hook up for a meet.

unsub
09-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Coyote: Hows the F6 holding up on your trip?

Any surprises? Concerns? Aha moments?

pete
09-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Hello from Ontario Canada.

Coyote1998
09-26-2013, 01:00 AM
Coyote: Hows the F6 holding up on your trip?

Any surprises? Concerns? Aha moments?

I love this bike!
Tire wear on Stones is great.
Clutch noise has gone down.
I had a weird noise at slower speeds coming from the front somewhere since new, thought it was just this bike, but it has lessened considerably, so not sure what it was. Maybe ABS system?
High idle at weird times, even when warm, not sure if it could be the different gasolines or not.
Running full synthetic, reusable oil filter from K&R, (flame suit on) lol.
Don't like the speed limiter!
Feels like it could use a sixth gear.
Don't like all the bug mess in the speakers, will try to fill holes this winter with foam if I can.
I had drilled the stock pipes front and back and the tips, had dreaded drone, when we were in California I met up with Jimmy Sones and he removed the cats and installed the torque loops with my stock pipes. Surprise, the drone is gone, did not mess up mileage.
I will do the ECM reset when I get home, don't have any hard numbers on mileage yet, but by the time I get home, I should have a better idea.
By the way, great service from Jimmy, very nice job and very professional install. I watched and learned a little more about this great machine. Jimmy's new black pipes look awesome, I am waiting to hear the Cobras before I decide which ones.
Sorry for the long post, did I mention I love this bike?

misterc
09-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Hello from Coaldale Alberta. Bought my F6B deluxe end of May and put 26000km on in the first three months. Fantastic bike in so many ways especially seat comfort. The ultimate best of the 10 bikes I've owned.

unsub
09-26-2013, 08:13 PM
-Clutch noise has gone down.

-Feels like it could use a sixth gear.

-So when you say clutch noise do you mean the scraping noise in the bottom end rolling out 1st gear? Or do you mean the gearbox rattle when changing gears?

-On the 6th gear thing I've thought about that a lot but came to the conclusion that I really like the way Honda has set up the gearing on this bike for a variety of reasons.

Thanks for sharing. Good to read your other points.

Coyote1998
09-26-2013, 11:26 PM
-So when you say clutch noise do you mean the scraping noise in the bottom end rolling out 1st gear? Or do you mean the gearbox rattle when changing gears?

-On the 6th gear thing I've thought about that a lot but came to the conclusion that I really like the way Honda has set up the gearing on this bike for a variety of reasons.

Thanks for sharing. Good to read your other points.

This was changing gears, but I could just be getting used to the bike, I owned a 1998 Valkyrie since new, so tranny is different.

unsub
09-28-2013, 03:46 PM
This was changing gears, but I could just be getting used to the bike, I owned a 1998 Valkyrie since new, so tranny is different.

Thanks. The gearbox does takes some getting used to. It does feel like teeth are jumping all over the place when shifting.

Xcess
11-10-2013, 11:34 PM

Hi fron Shediac,NB

Alberta Beagle
11-13-2013, 07:08 PM
Greetings from Alberta via Winnipeg Manitoba.
Was just there this past weekend and had a fella on an F6B riding on North MAin Street on the 8th of November!!!
Spent a whole summer all over Alberta and BC and never came accross another F6B.

DaWadd
08-16-2014, 07:58 AM
Hi Bunny. Had mine for 6 weeks now and love it. I'm also in Winnipeg.:icon_biggrin:

luckyluciano
08-16-2014, 08:53 AM
Hello from GTA ONTARIO. Bought my super fast Ferrari red F6b I'm May. Love the bike. Suffering Sciatica since I bought it so I have not ridden it much. Just starting to heal but I love looking at it in the garage just the same. Hope to ride soon.

WELCOME!

Darren
08-16-2014, 09:36 AM
Not a Canadian but reside in Nova Scotia

bigbird
08-16-2014, 10:49 AM
Another Winnipeger. Got mine on Aug 14

tonycarver
08-16-2014, 10:52 AM
hello from the newmarket area. had ours for about a month .....and yes the black ones ARE faster....keep that in mind when purchasing....:crackup:

The Highwayman
08-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Ringing in from Central Ontario with a black 2013, in Barrie.

Miwhite
08-17-2014, 01:19 PM
I've had my black bike here in Ottawa since March.

gwprime
08-17-2014, 04:42 PM
I am just outside of Toronto

gwprime
08-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Anyone going on the Canada's 911 ride this weekend in Toronto?

Darren
08-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Anyone coming over for the Wharf Rat?

tinkerman
08-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Pretty much as far out on the East coast of Canada as you can get....

Picked up a 2013 in Vancouver mid June and ran it to Sudbury....I spend some of my working time there....bike is in the shop there now....will be taking the bike the rest of the way to NL mid Sept....the bike is spectac...

Can't wait to get it back on the highway again.

tink

The Highwayman
08-19-2014, 05:23 PM
Wasn't at the ride, but when I was checking out the photos from Mackie's Sick Kids Ride I noticed a faster black F6B was there.

The Highwayman
08-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Anyone going on the Canada's 911 ride this weekend in Toronto?

Was that your F6B that was featured on the CTV news coverage of the 911 ride? Faster black with an aftermarket dark tint shield?

gwprime
08-26-2014, 01:04 AM
Was that your F6B that was featured on the CTV news coverage of the 911 ride? Faster black with an aftermarket dark tint shield?

It might have been mine but there was one other guy with the same windscreen. It was an amazing ride great company and all for a good cause

SmallPasture
08-26-2014, 07:01 AM

Looks like ya found a couple!! .welcome20.

redinoliver
03-18-2015, 07:52 PM
getting mine next week.

srt8-in-largo
03-18-2015, 08:01 PM
getting mine next week.

Just in the nick of time for spring eh? :icon_biggrin:

bigbird
03-18-2015, 08:36 PM
getting mine next week.

What year? What colour?

srt8-in-largo
03-18-2015, 08:47 PM
I like showing off my nifty new chart; just point to the one you got :icon_biggrin:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-X4-q96Wit0E/VQjSl2A-unI/AAAAAAAACew/qG7PVyym1U0/s800/colors%25202013%2520-%25202015.jpg

bigbird
03-18-2015, 09:31 PM
I like showing off my nifty new chart; just point to the one you got

Great chart, but doesn't apply to Canadian bikes. We never had red in '13, only in'14, and never had yellow. '15's are the same as you get.

srt8-in-largo
03-18-2015, 09:48 PM
Hmm, I'm curious now. I woulda thought all North American bikes would have more similarities. What about the Aussie, Asia, and Euro markets?

I may have a little chart updating to do :icon_biggrin:

Limoles
03-18-2015, 10:11 PM
hello from the newmarket area. had ours for about a month .....and yes the black ones ARE faster....keep that in mind when purchasing....:crackup:

On the beginning of April , I'll "fly" on my B to Bardford , Ont. and hopefully see Tony from Newmarket , which is located few blocks away . Gee - how small this world can be ...

Limoles
03-18-2015, 10:16 PM

Last year I was in Kelowna , BC . Wasn't riding up there , but found that magnificent area is one of the most beautiful wanders in Rocky Mts . I'll be there again next year , riding to Alaska on my B .

bigbird
03-18-2015, 10:18 PM
On the beginning of April , I'll "fly" on my B to Bardford , Ont..

Don't put Bardford ON in your GPS, you'll never find it.
There's a Bradford and a Brantford.

Limoles
03-18-2015, 10:18 PM
Another Winnipeger. Got mine on Aug 14

Don't worry Bird - I'll catch you too ...

Limoles
03-18-2015, 10:20 PM
Don't put Bardford ON in your GPS, you'll never find it.
There's a Bradford and a Brantford.

I ride up there without GPS . On the US-Can border uniformed guys are always waving & asking : AGAIN ?
My brother lives in Bradford/West Gwilimbury

bigbird
03-18-2015, 10:21 PM
I woulda thought all North American bikes would have more similarities.

Don't forget we've always had ABS standard on our B's. And tool kits. And metric speedo's that read too fast. And warning labels in English and French.

Limoles
03-18-2015, 10:38 PM
Don't forget we've always had ABS standard on our B's. And tool kits. And metric speedo's that read too fast. And warning labels in English and French.

That's OK . You might need the tools . Well - ABS ( I told you already:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:) , but warnings in any language are fine , unless are not in Chinese ( not yet ) .

redinoliver
04-06-2015, 02:18 PM
Canadian models are a lot faster.

bigbird
04-06-2015, 04:20 PM
Canadian models are a lot faster.

Actually they're a tad slower, due to the wind resistance of the ABS sensor rings on the wheels and the extra 5 lbs of the ABS modulator motor and wiring. :yikes:

53driver
04-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Actually they're a tad slower, due to the wind resistance of the ABS sensor rings on the wheels and the extra 5 lbs of the ABS modulator motor and wiring. :yikes:

But the decreased coefficient of friction of all the ice & snow on the roads makes up for it! At least half of the year.......

bigbird
04-06-2015, 05:22 PM
But the decreased coefficient of friction of all the ice & snow on the roads makes up for it! At least half of the year.......

I guess that's why Mother Honda decided we needed ABS on our B's.
Even though our roads are now dry, they're still gritty, sandy, and potholey. And it's not warm here yet. I've been out twice so far this spring, but warmer weather (50's F) is on the way later this week.

srt8-in-largo
04-06-2015, 06:12 PM
They're so fast, Honda needed to slow the speedo down :icon_biggrin:

Spirit Rider
04-09-2015, 01:31 PM
It was very challenging to get the bike delivered right before Xmas....
Yet, I managed to wait until April.... 1st of April, registred the bike at7.30am and went on the road with a -3 Celsius... not cold enough to cool my excitement ...

cheers !

ISLANDER1089
04-09-2015, 05:00 PM
I have a 2013 model that I purchased lightly used last fall from a used bike dealer in Drummondville, Quebec. He took my 2009 Harley Street Glide on trade. I am retired and live about two hours drive north of Toronto (The Big Smoke) in a cottage/resort area called Muskoka. It will be another month before I can get out to the main roads to ride my black beast but so far I'm loving this bike.

Spirit Rider
04-10-2015, 10:52 AM
I have a 2013 model that I purchased lightly used last fall from a used bike dealer in Drummondville, Quebec. He took my 2009 Harley Street Glide on trade. I am retired and live about two hours drive north of Toronto (The Big Smoke) in a cottage/resort area called Muskoka. It will be another month before I can get out to the main roads to ride my black beast but so far I'm loving this bike.

oh I think I know this one... nice ride... I was on it but the shop was not opened to any price discussion... (I mean inside my budget)
funny I bought mine in Ottawa...

redinoliver
05-09-2015, 09:44 PM
They're so fast, Honda needed to slow the speedo down :icon_biggrin:

The speed sensor shut me down at an indicated 210 kph, which is 130 mph. I had a 15 mph tail wind and am using a Honda tall windshield and baker hand wings. the bike had a slow wallow starting at 180 kph . With no speed sensor I am sure it would hit 140 mph.

bigbird
05-09-2015, 10:20 PM
The speed sensor shut me down at an indicated 210 kph, which is 130 mph.

Our speedos read fast, so you were likely doing the rev limiter's top speed of 124 mph, or 200 kph.
I won't try for a top speed reading on mine.
Too dangerous and too much to lose for really no gain.

velvethammer
05-12-2015, 05:58 AM
Hello from Ontario Canada.

I am also from Ontario Canada in Kitchener waterloo area......

Canuck_Doug
03-25-2016, 01:49 PM
Hi guys. Purchased my 2013 B from Startford Honda February 2015 during a massive snow storm. Got a great deal plus the bike had many OEM extra's added by the previous owner.
I live in Burlington Ontario and ride with a bunch of guys with a variety of bikes. Kawi's, Harley's, Indian. We rib the Harley guys about needing a warranty and they rib me about sounding like a singer sewing machine. Lots of fun. We often ride in the Halibuton area. Beautiful roads and scenery.
My B is the best bike by a landslide that I've ever ridden. Should be on the road in 2-3 weeks. Can't wait.

Kenada
03-26-2016, 09:58 AM
Northern Ontario , just bought my F6B and havent had a chance to ride it.... 2014 black , I drove one twice last year on ride a Honda day, awesome ... Got cut off by a Left Turner and wrote off my Yamaha Stryker last Sept. ... Recovery , Insurance and now here I am . Anyone passing thru the Soo , feel free to shoot me a PM .

randy99ca
03-26-2016, 06:45 PM
British Columbia Canada here

tinkerman
03-26-2016, 07:15 PM
Well, an old thre3ad but a few Canucks signing on...anyone thinking of going down to the F6b rally in Arkansas this September. It is a run organised by the admins on this forum....see thread at top of GENERAL MESSAGE BOARD...Annual Rally.

I am signed up for the trip.....I do have some reservations about the time of the year....not so much heading down that way....but beating back up to Newfoundland the last week of September can be a bit of a dog run weather-wise depending on the year.

If anyone else is considering this run.....give me a heads up.....I wouldn't mind teaming up for the ride or at least part of it. I probably won't make a final decision until August when I can get a better handle on the type of year we are having. As an escape plan if the weather goes south on the way back I would probably do some research on where I might be able to store the bike....forum members, Honda dealer, self storage unit.....haven't detailed the plan any further than that yet.

tink

F6B2015
04-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Hi from mirabel canada

STR8UP
04-03-2016, 05:23 PM
I live in Hespeler and ride a black 13 F6B standard. I bought it used with 13k km at the end of June 15. Since then I put more than 20k km and it is my favorite bike by far.

lloydmoore1
04-04-2016, 07:49 AM
I live in Hespeler and ride a black 13 F6B standard. I bought it used with 13k km at the end of June 15. Since then I put more than 20k km and it is my favorite bike by far.

hey I got married in Cambridge many moons ago. Now live in the small town... Oromocto,NB.

If anyone is ever down this way I can show you some great rides.

Jayrock
04-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Hello from Calgary! :biggthumpup:

terryboyle
05-31-2016, 04:31 PM
In Mississauga near the lake and Highway 10

copper
05-31-2016, 05:19 PM
Picked mine up from a board member.

If anyone in the Lower Mainland is looking to go for a ride, send me a 'pm'.

C

f6b4gt
05-31-2016, 05:30 PM
Hello from the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island. I've only noticed a few B's out here but I only just bought mine a few weeks ago so haven't really been watching for them until now. I love the ride and plan to do another coast to coaster soon.

rock lobster
05-31-2016, 06:32 PM
Grand Manan NB , 2016 white f6b ,4 days old and already have one third as many miles as I put on my old vstar last year,oh did I mention I LOVE THIS BIKE!:icon_lol:

lloydmoore1
05-31-2016, 08:28 PM
Grand Manan NB , 2016 white f6b ,4 days old and already have one third as many miles as I put on my old vstar last year,oh did I mention I LOVE THIS BIKE!:icon_lol:

hey rock lobster Was that you in Saint John on Saturday morning driving by Eldridges ?

Brasco
05-31-2016, 11:44 PM
Greetings to the other Canucks from Calgary, Alta. :039:

rock lobster
06-01-2016, 02:52 AM
hey rock lobster Was that you in Saint John on Saturday morning driving by Eldridges ?

yep that was me,had just picked it up in Moncton

dwpf6b
06-01-2016, 11:59 AM
Greetings to others from Yellowknife, NT

Darren
06-01-2016, 06:08 PM
I'm planning a trip from Yarmouth NS to Quebec 2nd week in July if anyone is around, no definite plans yet, thinking about staying near the city and taking day rides out. Can anyone recommend some good rides in the area?

lloydmoore1
06-01-2016, 07:07 PM
yep that was me,had just picked it up in Moncton

cool did you get it at Toys? that's where I got mine...ride safe see you on the road sometime

rock lobster
06-02-2016, 02:26 AM
cool did you get it at Toys? that's where I got mine...ride safe see you on the road sometime
yep I got it at Toys,those other guys you mentioned didn't seem to interested in selling one lol,we'll keep our eyes out for ya,not too many 6's in these parts.

pugpug60
06-25-2016, 06:28 PM

Hello From Alaska

luckyluciano
07-01-2016, 06:10 PM
Woodbridge Ontario here.