PDA

View Full Version : Clearance helmet shopping, not sure of FF or modular

Redlinez
09-17-2016, 08:13 AM
Well, we currently have Scorpion EXO500's and the red white and blue does not go with matte silver. That and I'd love something considerably quieter with better ventilation. Never owned a modular, but that looks like the way to be able to take a drink every now and then. We have Sena headsets too. I noticed quite a few like the Kabuto Ibuki, also found crazy deal on the Kabuto Aeroblade III. I have a pretty round XXL head and many helmets press on my forehead too much. Seems like the Bell's I tried on fit well. I don't smoke, so what is the biggest advantage of modular? I've always thought they might come open on impact, so I've never considered one. I had a Shark RSR2 years ago, loved it, but suffered with forehead pressure. Back in the day I had Shoei RF800's I believe.
It seems Two Wheel blows everyone away, are they legit?

willtill
09-17-2016, 08:20 AM
Well, we currently have Scorpion EXO500's and the red white and blue does not go with matte silver. That and I'd love something considerably quieter with better ventilation. Never owned a modular, but that looks like the way to be able to take a drink every now and then. We have Sena headsets too. I noticed quite a few like the Kabuto Ibuki, also found crazy deal on the Kabuto Aeroblade III. I have a pretty round XXL head and many helmets press on my forehead too much. Seems like the Bell's I tried on fit well. I don't smoke, so what is the biggest advantage of modular? I've always thought they might come open on impact, so I've never considered one. I had a Shark RSR2 years ago, loved it, but suffered with forehead pressure. Back in the day I had Shoei RF800's I believe.

Yes, I purchased from them before. For my Kabuto Ibuki

Redlinez
09-17-2016, 09:45 AM
Thanks for letting me know, crazy how much less they are than everyone else.

DMAGOLDRDR
09-17-2016, 11:53 AM
I wear flip up Helmets for a few reasons, the top 3 are

I never need to remove my glasses to put on the Helmet
I drink water all day long and can take some at any time (even highway speeds as long as the face shield is down before raising)
Talking to others at stop lights or such....

Redlinez
09-17-2016, 12:45 PM
Thanks. I have a good friend who grew up near Danbury.

DMAGOLDRDR
09-17-2016, 07:20 PM
Thanks. I have a good friend who grew up near Danbury.

I don't know what part of NC your in but if it is around Cary NC we may both know him.

Redlinez
09-17-2016, 09:13 PM
He moved to Ohio and is now a first officer soon to be pilot for a subsidiary of Delta. Yep, work in Cary, live in Fuquay. We've been good friends for 20 years now.

53driver
09-17-2016, 10:04 PM

Yes, I purchased from them before. For my Kabuto Ibuki

Thanks for letting me know, crazy how much less they are than everyone else.

Got my Ibuki there also....

stevenolts
09-18-2016, 06:01 PM
Steve,

I would highly recommend the modular style of helmet. I have a Schuberth C3 that I got for $320.00 from Revzilla right after Christmas (what a deal) I just started using it seriously and the more I wear it the more I love it. It is very quiet, very light and supposed to be one of the safest helmets made.

I think I remember you said you just got the Madstad windshield. I have a Madstad windshield and it works great with the Schuberth C3 modular helmet.

If I put the windshield all the way down (even with my chin):
I can ride with the Schuberth modular down and shield down
I can ride with the Schuberth modular down and visor down shield up
I can ride with the Schuberth modular down sunglasses on and visor up

If I put the windshield up a few inches (even with nose):
I can ride with the Schuberth modular up and visor down
I can ride with the Schuberth modular up and sunglasses on

I can still look completely over the windshield in all of these configurations.

I am loving this helmet more everyday.
I guess you get what you pay for (I am glad I got a deal on it)

The bottom line is the modular helmet is very flexible and can be worn in almost all situations all the way across the country if needed. (I had the Scorpion EXO-900 Transformer before the Schuberth C3)

Have fun at the rally / I wish I was going to be there.
Maybe I will see you in Panama City Beach Thunder Beach at the end of October.
Steve

Redlinez
09-25-2016, 08:20 AM
I tried on the Kabuto Kamui, which is their touring helmet and wasn't impressed nor did it fit me right. I actually liked the Bell Qualifier Dlx much better. Also really liked the HJC Rpha, but it is quite a bit more and doesn't have an internal shield nor the cool Bell transitions shield. I will check the net on both and I haven't ruled out another Scorpion.

Redlinez
09-27-2016, 09:25 AM
I was ready to buy two EX0500 Corsica phantoms because they match the bike perfectly, flat silver/black. All sold out!