PDA

View Full Version : My B is Offically Iron Butt Certified

BadDawg
09-17-2016, 08:29 PM
She got both of her 1,500 miles in under 24 hr certificates. I'm so proud of her.:clap2:

terryboyle
09-17-2016, 08:39 PM
:motorcycle2:

1951vbs
09-18-2016, 08:37 AM
She got both of her 1,500 miles in under 24 hr certificates. I'm so proud of her.:clap2:

Excellent achievement! Congrats. I just re-read your post from July to figure out why you did not make a Bun Burner Gold 3000. That coast to coast in 50 hours looks doable for you. Good luck.

Are you still running stock height tinted screen and Mustang seat?

BadDawg
09-18-2016, 08:56 AM
Excellent achievement! Congrats. As far as I can tell you really completed a Bun Burner Gold 3000. Back to back BBG 1500. 3000 miles in 48 hours!!!

That was the goal when I started out. Unfortunately, due to a 3 significant events I blew my turn time. I ended taking 49 hours 53 min to complete the entire trip.

First issue: I lost my pony tank an hour after launch. Turn 5 scheduled gas stops into 11. Unknown stops suck, had to wing it.

2nd issue: Got caught up in a nasty thunder Strom which disabled my GPS (phone) missed a key turn and added 57 miles and 45 min to my trip.

3rd issue: I stopped for breakfast at my turn around point. Needed a witness for documentation. Asked the waitress. She said she would ask the manager. I gave her the paperwork and didn't get it back for 45 min.

We won't mention that is took the Montana highway patrol 15 min to right my ticket :):shhh:

1951vbs
09-18-2016, 09:18 AM
That was the goal when I started out. Unfortunately, due to a 3 significant events I blew my turn time. I ended taking 49 hours 53 min to complete the entire trip.

First issue: I lost my pony tank an hour after launch. Turn 5 scheduled gas stops into 11. Unknown stops suck, had to wing it.

2nd issue: Got caught up in a nasty thunder Strom which disabled my GPS (phone) missed a key turn and added 57 miles and 45 min to my trip.

3rd issue: I stopped for breakfast at my turn around point. Needed a witness for documentation. Asked the waitress. She said she would ask the manager. I gave her the paperwork and didn't get it back for 45 min.

We won't mention that is took the Montana highway patrol 15 min to right my ticket :):shhh:

How about equipment? Are you still using stock height screen and Mustang Seat?

BadDawg
09-18-2016, 09:27 AM
How about equipment? Are you still using stock height screen and Mustang Seat?

I do have the Mustang seat. I have the tinted shortie Honda F6B shield. I haven't had a shield on my last 3 bikes and used them all for long distance. Just not my thing. The only serious mod is the auxiliary tank.

1951vbs
09-18-2016, 01:01 PM
I do have the Mustang seat. I have the tinted shortie Honda F6B shield. I haven't had a shield on my last 3 bikes and used them all for long distance. Just not my thing. The only serious mod is the auxiliary tank.

I am glad the Mustang seat works for you. I already had a Russell Day-Long before Mustang had their seat ready and did not need a reduced height saddle but I like the idea of sitting lower in the bike. I too, prefer the short screen although we are in the minority. It works fine for me in all conditions I have encountered. Great ride! Best of luck on your next adventure. Keep us posted.

BadDawg
09-18-2016, 01:10 PM
I am glad the Mustang seat works for you. I already had a Russell Day-Long before Mustang had their seat ready and did not need a reduced height saddle but I like the idea of sitting lower in the bike. I too, prefer the short screen although we are in the minority. It works fine for me in all conditions I have encountered. Great ride! Best of luck on your next adventure. Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Next spring I will take another shot at it. Logistically it can be done. I just need to refine the exicution.

lgjhn
09-18-2016, 04:07 PM
Congrats, BadDawg!
A BunBurner Gold is not an easy task.
I've got the two beginner runs, the SaddleSore 1000 and BunBurner 1500, under my belt
The BunBurner Gold is my next ride...hopefully this Fall when the heat gets outta here.
I've been trying to get at least one of my riding buddies to do it with me, but they all think I'm nuts....LOL...I am NUTS!!
So, it looks like it's just gonna be me, the F6B and I-10 west across Texas and back.
Again, Congrats on a ride well-done!

BadDawg
09-18-2016, 04:27 PM
Congrats, BadDawg!
A BunBurner Gold is not an easy task.
I've got the two beginner runs, the SaddleSore 1000 and BunBurner 1500, under my belt
The BunBurner Gold is my next ride...hopefully this Fall when the heat gets outta here.
I've been trying to get at least one of my riding buddies to do it with me, but they all think I'm nuts....LOL...I am NUTS!!
So, it looks like it's just gonna be me, the F6B and I-10 west across Texas and back.
Again, Congrats on a ride well-done!

TX I-10 is the perfect place to,do it. I did my first BBG going from Tucson to Junction City TX. That wad on my VTX1800. Had an aux tank on that too. Had a good friend almost same set up do it with me. That can be a good or a bad thing. He was great, others not so much.

lgjhn
09-18-2016, 04:40 PM
TX I-10 is the perfect place to,do it. I did my first BBG going from Tucson to Junction City TX. That wad on my VTX1800. Had an aux tank on that too. Had a good friend almost same set up do it with me. That can be a good or a bad thing. He was great, others not so much.

Yep. Once past Houston, one can roll on the miles pretty good. Just east of San Antonio, I'd probably take that 46 by-pass around the north side. West of San Antonio, the speed limit goes up to around 80-85mph or so with wide open road. The F6 could really pour it on out thru there in a hurry. Hit about 750 miles or so, grab a couple of hours of snooze time, an energy bar, then wheel her around back to the east and do it all backwards to the start point.

BadDawg
09-18-2016, 04:51 PM
Yep. Once past Houston, one can roll on the miles pretty good. Just east of San Antonio, I'd probably take that 46 by-pass around the north side. West of San Antonio, the speed limit goes up to around 80-85mph or so with wide open road. The F6 could really pour it on out thru there in a hurry. Hit about 750 miles or so, grab a couple of hours of snooze time, an energy bar, then wheel her around back to the east and do it all backwards to the start point.

We just grabbed a hotdogs and coffee. Trying to get to NM before sundown. At the time the TX speed limit dropped after sundown. So we just did gas and go the entire trip.