PDA

View Full Version : 250 is almost a joke

seadog
09-18-2016, 03:45 PM
Use to be on the old bike I was done at 250 miles this F6B does it so quick and easy its seems to be over before your really ready to quit. Went over to M22 north of Manistee, Mi. and proceeded north along Lake Michigan, Its a nice ride full of twisties and goes thru several small towns and on up thru Leland and Northport and then ran M22 back down thru Traverse city and on back to Cadillac. Less than 5 hours and I stopped in Frankfort for lunch. It's also nicer this time of year as a lot of the traffic has departed for parts unknown. Minimum amount of tourists left but just enough to keep you on your toes.

Dirtstiff's F6B
09-18-2016, 08:50 PM
850 in one day this summer, 2 up... would been tough on any other bike. We were feeling it, though..

53driver
09-18-2016, 11:18 PM
Daytona to Philadelphia - one day.
1048 miles.
Couldn't manage that (comfortably) on the '97 Valk or the '95 Heritage.
Amazing bikes.

beppok
09-19-2016, 01:26 AM
2100 in 3 days this summer to Bear Tooth Pass. Was supposed to take a week and go other places too but it was cut short when I had to get back for a funeral. Told my wife after having the F6B for a week, "This thing just eats up the miles." 'all/right'

seadog
09-19-2016, 06:36 AM
If there ever was one, this bike just eats up miles and the ride is done before your even ready to quit, I rode 378 miles on the Michigan ride and was looking for a longer alternate route on the way home. It just a crazy machine and so nice for cruising the highways. I have never had a bike that can match this one, I don't know if its close to perfection but it isn't very far away from it.

Wing'n it
09-19-2016, 10:05 AM
With my Helibars and the new Hartco seat full tank runs (250miles) are easy now. But my back and butt are done at about 600 a day.
Thinking next year of going up to Michigan and doing the "Bikes over the Big Mac" bridge ride. There is some awesome riding in northern Michigan.

seadog
09-19-2016, 12:49 PM
With my Helibars and the new Hartco seat full tank runs (250miles) are easy now. But my back and butt are done at about 600 a day.
Thinking next year of going up to Michigan and doing the "Bikes over the Big Mac" bridge ride. There is some awesome riding in northern Michigan.

Don't forget to do the tunnel of trees on your way up to the bridge. A must ride in the state for anyone that hasn't done it. You start at the north end of Petoskey, M119 toward Harbor Springs and just keep on following it. Takes you up thru Good Hart, then the Tunnel of Trees and on thru Cross Village, A restaurant there called the Legs Inn is one heck of a good place to settle in and have a decent meal. From there if you know the turns you can wind up on Central Avenue heading right in to Mackinaw City and its a very nice ride. If anyone needs directions for the whole route I have them as I run that way a lot and would be more than happy to give them too them.

Skhunt
09-19-2016, 03:06 PM
18 hours from Greenbelt MD to Key West fl. Worst part was the long boring trip through Fla. The Bike is a joy to ride and not hard on my old body.

shortleg0521
09-19-2016, 07:31 PM
18 hours from Greenbelt MD to Key West fl. Worst part was the long boring trip through Fla. The Bike is a joy to ride and not hard on my old body.

Glad to see another Maryland ridder

adventurous1
09-22-2016, 11:04 PM

The other day, rode up to Copper Harbor, to Marquette, to Munising, to Manistique to St. Ignace. Weather was absolutely fantastic. No roads empty. YES !!

F6B1911
09-23-2016, 10:10 AM
Use to be on the old bike I was done at 250 miles this F6B does it so quick and easy its seems to be over before your really ready to quit. Went over to M22 north of Manistee, Mi. and proceeded north along Lake Michigan, Its a nice ride full of twisties and goes thru several small towns and on up thru Leland and Northport and then ran M22 back down thru Traverse city and on back to Cadillac. Less than 5 hours and I stopped in Frankfort for lunch. It's also nicer this time of year as a lot of the traffic has departed for parts unknown. Minimum amount of tourists left but just enough to keep you on your toes.

Seadog,
Let's do that during the fall colors.