PDA

View Full Version : Android / What music app do you use?

stevenolts
09-20-2016, 07:04 AM
I need a better music app for my Android cell phone.
It seems to always get stuck in single or limited song list (I have no song lists)

It seems to just change on its own. I am too old when on the road to see the fine print to fix it. What a pain in the but / I have been plagued with this and the dim screen / volume going down to min every time I start / stop music.

I need a better music player / are the ones you pay for better?
Steve

stevenolts
09-20-2016, 07:19 AM
I love technology but some things need to be able to be locked down and only changed intentionally with a verification.

Sorry to go off but I have had enough and I can't take it no more.

You ever had one of those weeks? It seems like everything I own is going hay wire.

My 99 Honda Accord is running great but now is randomly just shutting off while driving. May start up after a second or two like the power has been pulled.

The wife's 2003 Honda Odyssey is running great just put a new transmission in / radiator / alternator / = $5000.00
Now it is still running great but all the warning lights are randomly flashing on for a few seconds then off then on then off. I am afraid to let the wife drive it.

My daughters 2001 Toyota Camry needed a new door handle / I ordered a new handle months ago I finally got around to replacing it and the bolts are different size went to home depot bought 3 as needed one fell into the bottom of door. I have to work 13 hour days for the next 3 days. Also the linkage rod clip broke Autozone had a generic one that will work.

My daughter in Colorado Springs / I built her a new PC state of the art every thing with dual boot WIN 7 and WIN 10. She loaded Adobe Premier and now it won't boot into WIN 10 and she can't get the Adobe Premier to install in WIN 7 without a error 0xc000001d.

Now I can't even ride to work and listen to music on my new Sena S20 without manually changing songs. What a pain in the but.

Worst of all I am not at the rally. (I think that is really why I am in a bad mood!!!)

Steve

stratochile
09-20-2016, 07:43 AM
I like I heart radio

stevenolts
09-20-2016, 07:59 AM
I use I-Heart radio when traveling but I need a music app to play my music. The one I have works / I am just looking to see what others are using to see if there may be something better.
Steve

xman
09-20-2016, 08:23 AM
I use Amazon Prime Music. Works well for me, if your a Prime Member is free.. Steve I see your from St. Louis,, Are you going to the Rally and if so what day are you leaving? I am right down the road from you on the way---Fort Leonard Wood and or Waynesville..

X Man

billsim
09-20-2016, 08:32 AM
I use Pandora. Works well and it learns what I like via thumb up or thumb down rating.

Hornblower
09-20-2016, 08:47 AM
My fav is Radio Tunes. Audio quality is excellent and music genres are plentiful. I wound up paying for the pro version which supposedly has the highest audio quality.

stevenolts
09-20-2016, 09:22 AM
I have used most of these but I want to play the music I own on my cell phone.
Steve

stevenolts
09-20-2016, 09:36 AM
xman

I was going but I have 2 trips in October so I can no longer go.

Oct 8 - I am going to Denver for work

Oct 20 - I am going to Panama City Beach for Thunder Beach Bike week
Steve

GiddyupF6B
09-20-2016, 09:50 AM
I use Pandora...I switch back and forth between that and my Ipod.

marang
09-20-2016, 03:59 PM
First post, long time reader :icon_mrgreen:

The music player app I use is rocket player. It gives me the least amount of trouble from all the other apps I've tried. Sometimes it decides its not gonna play a song but all I do is forward to next song and it continues to play. That's the only problem I've had with it and it happens rarely.

MisterB
09-20-2016, 04:16 PM
Is there an online component to the native music player? If you can disable that you may get better performance.
Sometimes apps will get BS pics, lyrics, and other useless info off the web to liven up your experience and in doing so ruin your experience.
Since you're mobile, all it takes is switching towers or poor signal and the the app errors out.
Maybe check the settings to not allow cellular usage.

If that doesn't work here's a list of music players on Tom's Guide:
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures-story/584-best-android-music-players.html#s1

Android Authority:
http://www.androidauthority.com/best-music-player-apps-for-android-208990/

And AndroidCentral:
http://www.androidcentral.com/best-music-players-android

Sorry I don't have any personal recommendations, hope this info helps anyway.

stevenolts
09-20-2016, 04:30 PM
I found a few I am going to try from the internet.

PowerAmp -- (Cost $3.99 for no add version) but free 14 day trial / rated #1 on the internet

Amazon Music -- newly released / I already have Amazon prime so their music will be free / app will also will play my music

Black Player -- minimal / free / black background (I can't stand a bright app at night)

Thank you for your input.
Steve

Hodgey1
09-20-2016, 06:50 PM
I use Slacker premium, it's $10.00 a month. It is commercial free and allows you to choose specific songs, listen to entire albums and create playlists. I've used multiple premium music apps like Pandora and Spotify, I like the slacker best. If your not interested in individual artist or songs, skip the premium services and use any one of the free streaming services. Just MO

stevenolts
09-22-2016, 01:23 PM
I am now using Amazon Music and since I already have Amazon Prime it is free.
So far it seems to be working great. I can either play my own music or the music streaming via Amazon Music.

I am also testing the 14 day free trial of Power Amp. Power Amp is supposed to be rated #1 music app for playing your own music.

Steve

seadog
09-22-2016, 04:10 PM
I have used most of these but I want to play the music I own on my cell phone.
Steve

I load 55 CD's I own on a 16 GB Sony Walkman and used Velcro to secure it in the left pod and all my tunes are available just by hitting the AUX button on the radio controls. One thing is the Sony puts out a little power unlike the thumb drives and the amp takes it and turns out some pretty loud tunes. I only used up 2 GB of the 16 so how many album could you put on this marvelous little Walkman.

stevenolts
09-22-2016, 05:23 PM
I load 55 CD's I own on a 16 GB Sony Walkman and used Velcro to secure it in the left pod and all my tunes are available just by hitting the AUX button on the radio controls. One thing is the Sony puts out a little power unlike the thumb drives and the amp takes it and turns out some pretty loud tunes. I only used up 2 GB of the 16 so how many album could you put on this marvelous little Walkman.

Does the bikes stereo really play better from the walkman than my 32GB usb chip?