PDA

View Full Version : Matte Finish bikes

Nomibagger
09-20-2016, 11:06 PM
Does anyone here use Ratwax besides me? I've been in contact with the owner, he'd be interested in being a sponsor as well as our own special label!23420 Thoughts?

seadog
09-21-2016, 08:27 AM
Does anyone here use Ratwax besides me? I've been in contact with the owner, he'd be interested in being a sponsor as well as our own special label!23420 Thoughts?

I have had my matte silver deluxe since of march of last year and have been cleaning it as of late with a wet and wrung out micro fiber towel and a dry one to finish it. Don't see the need to spend money on something not needed. It comes out looking great and the matte finish looks as good now as it did when I bought it. JMHO

willtill
09-21-2016, 08:38 AM
Water doesn't seal and protect.

There is a difference.

okiedoc
09-21-2016, 09:41 AM
I would love to try it and see if it works on my bike! How much does it cost?

seadog
09-21-2016, 12:27 PM
Water doesn't seal and protect.

There is a difference.
Seems like I would have seen a difference in the paint over a year and a half period and over 14000 miles. Nothing has change in the color on the bike. It looks as good now as it did when I bought it. I understand the need on shiney painted surfaces for wax and protection but this matte silver holds up very well without any outside help.

JMartin
09-21-2016, 12:47 PM
I'm hoping this is the case for the Matte White too.
That's the color I intend to buy, and for some reason, I'm leery of the rough/porous look and feel of that paint.

seadog
09-21-2016, 03:17 PM
That's the color I intend to buy, and for some reason, I'm leery of the rough/porous look and feel of that paint.

I have not found a reason to dislike the matte finish, it cleans up nicely and seems to be very durable and has taken my abuse for a year and a half and still looks and feels nice. I used to put Bike spirit clean wax and polish on it to clean off the bugs. But it never looked any better or worse for the application so when I discovered that the bugs just wiped off with a wet micro fiber towel and I follow it with a dry one to finish, I have not used the cleaner wax and polish in over a year and it still looks the same after all that. I am sold on the matte finish, its tough.

DTOM
09-21-2016, 04:38 PM
I read a blog somewhere about a product from Meguiars. It's called Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere. The Meguiars rep was saying it was great for matte finishes. It won't leave any blotchy look to your paint like a regular wax can. I haven't tried it yet on my matte silver, but I plan on it soon.

Switchmonkey
09-21-2016, 04:56 PM
Try some on someone else's matte finish and let me know. Meanwhile, distilled, raspberry-flavoured water works for me.

JMartin
09-21-2016, 05:27 PM
... Meanwhile, distilled, raspberry-flavoured water works for me.

Yeah, I gotta find me a Rum colored F6B. :icon_wink:

Pringle
09-21-2016, 05:47 PM
Yep I have used it for years....love the stuff. I have a matte Vmax as well as the F6B they both get it regularly. The UV protection and absolutely no shine formula is what I like best about it.

willtill
09-21-2016, 05:48 PM
Seems like I would have seen a difference in the paint over a year and a half period and over 14000 miles. Nothing has change in the color on the bike. It looks as good now as it did when I bought it. I understand the need on shiney painted surfaces for wax and protection but this matte silver holds up very well without any outside help.

The problem is that you have been staring at your matte finish for a year and a half, and for over 14,000 miles... and have nothing to compare it against.

It's undergone change from the initial appearance.... but you cannot comprehend it over the elapsed time.

But hey... if your present UNPROTECTED finish makes you happy.... we're happy for you. :039:

Nightwing_67
09-21-2016, 07:10 PM

I have the white one since march and I love the color. I use the Honda spray and it works great! It has the matte look and when the sun hits it, it gets that mother of pearl sparkle to it. The whit will however show where all the bugs hit!

seadog
09-21-2016, 08:15 PM
I have the white one since march and I love the color. I use the Honda spray and it works great! It has the matte look and when the sun hits it, it gets that mother of pearl sparkle to it. The whit will however show where all the bugs hit!

The Bike spirit cleaner wax and polish which is identical to your Honda spray wasn't taking the bugs completely off the finish I had to keep going back over it a second and sometimes a third time, and using a wet microfiber towel does take them off the first time so I stuck with it, try it on your white and see if that doesn't get it done!

Nightwing_67
09-21-2016, 09:17 PM
The Bike spirit cleaner wax and polish which is identical to your Honda spray wasn't taking the bugs completely off the finish I had to keep going back over it a second and sometimes a third time, and using a wet microfiber towel does take them off the first time so I stuck with it, try it on your white and see if that doesn't get it done!

I do use both. though the spray has worked well for me. I have to give them props on that.

seadog
09-21-2016, 09:22 PM
The problem is that you have been staring at your matte finish for a year and a half, and for over 14,000 miles... and have nothing to compare it against.

It's undergone change from the initial appearance.... but you cannot comprehend it over the elapsed time.

But hey... if your present UNPROTECTED finish makes you happy.... we're happy for you. :039:

Do you think you can make a dull color duller? Its already flat, I seriously doubt you could make it flatter. this color holds up very well, I doubt you could make it worse looking than it already is. JMHO

Nightwing_67
09-21-2016, 09:26 PM
Do you think you can make a dull color duller? Its already flat, I seriously doubt you could make it flatter. this color holds up very well, I doubt you could make it worse looking than it already is. JMHO

:lolup: too funny. Now if Honda kidnapped the Harley scheme designers and body Painters(and only them) we could get some outrageous paint jobs!

JMartin
09-21-2016, 09:43 PM
:lolup: too funny. Now if Honda kidnapped the Harley scheme designers and body Painters(and only them) we could get some outrageous paint jobs!

You mean like this:

Not for me.
Thanx.

seadog
09-21-2016, 10:53 PM
You mean like this:

Not for me.
Thanx.

That is way to busy for my liking for sure but the man is right about Harley and paint. They have some very nice paint on their bikes.

stroguy
09-22-2016, 06:26 AM
I've seen folks make a dull thread duller, but not paint.

I once didn't cut my finger off with a dull butter knife. So as it dulls I am not going to fear it any more or less.

Nightwing_67
09-22-2016, 07:04 AM
You mean like this:

Not for me.
Thanx.

Nah, definitely too busy for my liking, but i can still appreciate it. Tothe owner of this bike im sure this is da bomb....to each their own, i dont knock it. That said Hinda has to spice it up a bit.

Nomibagger
09-22-2016, 10:52 PM
Looks like about 16 a bottle,but cheaper with a big order

GiddyupF6B
09-23-2016, 06:58 PM