PDA

View Full Version : EZView side mirrors

lgjhn
09-24-2016, 08:12 PM
For those of you that asked, and/or who I talked at the rally to about the convex mirrors that I had on my bike that sit over the stock glass, here is the website that I got them from:
http://trailtoys.net/products/gl1800-ezview-mirrors
BTW, I have NO financial or fiduciary interest in these. I'm just sharing a product that could make our ride safer by eliminating that nagging blind spot.

stroguy
09-24-2016, 08:19 PM
They do eliminate it. Thanks for the link John.

Phantom
09-24-2016, 09:05 PM
Great idea, are these plastic or glass? If plastic, are they coated with a anti-scratch protectant?

53driver
09-24-2016, 11:06 PM
Thanks John Larry,
You were a Rally standout this weekend.
Thank you.
Steve

lgjhn
09-25-2016, 09:09 PM
Great idea, are these plastic or glass? If plastic, are they coated with a anti-scratch protectant?

Hi Tony.
They are glass.
BTW, was looking forward to meeting ya in person, but I fully understand the circumstances.
You were in our thoughts and prayers this past week for sure.
Take care.
LJ

lgjhn
09-25-2016, 09:18 PM
Thanks John Larry.
You were a Rally standout this weekend.
Thank you.
Steve

Hi Steve.
LOL...I dunno about being a "standout", but I personally had a great time and made some great new friends. It was good to be able to put some names and faces to the screen names.
I also found it pretty amazing how well some of our guys ride the F6 in the twisties....impressive!
BTW, I guess my screen name makes everyone thinks my name is John, but it's Larry, but also known to go by LJ.
Also, thanks for all you did this week, especially setting up the air filter changeout for us to view. Very much appreciated. I'm gonna try to do a write up to go with the pics I took in order to try and add some sense out of them. IMHO, the pics by themselves really don't tell much.

Greg O
09-25-2016, 09:25 PM
These mirrors would be the cats meow if they had Muth turn signals built in.

MisterB
09-25-2016, 09:53 PM
These mirrors would be the cats meow if they had Muth turn signals built in.
Oh my, that's a great mod idea!
If nothing else a ring of LEDs between the mirrors with the heads sticking out around the perimeter.
Now that they're verified as glass I'm gonna order a set.
Will post if I can get some LED action going.

stroguy
09-25-2016, 09:56 PM
Hi Steve.
LOL...I dunno about being a "standout", but I personally had a great time and made some great new friends. It was good to be able to put some names and faces to the screen names.
I also found it pretty amazing how well some of our guys ride the F6 in the twisties....impressive!
BTW, I guess my screen name makes everyone thinks my name is John, but it's Larry, but also known to go by LJ.
Also, thanks for all you did this week, especially setting up the air filter changeout for us to view. Very much appreciated. I'm gonna try to do a write up to go with the pics I took in order to try and add some sense out of them. IMHO, the pics by themselves really don't tell much.

And Steve edited your name to John in my first post. Too funny. It's Larry. Steve had me wondering for a minute.

beppok
09-26-2016, 10:06 AM
For those of you that asked, and/or who I talked at the rally to about the convex mirrors that I had on my bike that sit over the stock glass, here is the website that I got them from:
http://trailtoys.net/products/gl1800-ezview-mirrors
BTW, I have NO financial or fiduciary interest in these. I'm just sharing a product that could make our ride safer by eliminating that nagging blind spot.

Thanks for the link Larry. With a B-day and Christmas coming up my list for the wife and kids (maybe not kids anymore with the youngest being 26), is getting longer. I'm one of those guys who just buys what I want and then no one knows what to get me for those special occasions. This year they will be surprised when they ask me "What do you want for your birthday" and I hand them my list of accessories. Now if I can just hold off a couple of months.

53driver
09-26-2016, 10:06 AM
And Steve edited your name to John in my first post. Too funny. It's Larry. Steve had me wondering for a minute.

Steve is tired.....

53driver
09-26-2016, 10:09 AM
Hi Steve.

John Larry,
Please do your best to generate a thread with the pics and a narrative.
Many people are counting on you for some expert reference.
Cheers,
Steve

stroguy
09-26-2016, 10:09 AM
LOL! Yes sir I am sure you is.

beppok
09-26-2016, 10:17 AM
Larry didn't you have some tank pads and something on the gas fill cover? If that was you what are they and where did you get them if you remember.

dh2253
09-26-2016, 01:35 PM
Hi Steve.

Larry, I would have to agree with Steve - you were a standout in the way you offered a lot of sage advise and also told some pretty good stories, especially the ones about the aftermath of the hurricanes. Loved the story about the lone cypress tree!
It was great meeting you and everyone else at the rally. Gonna ponder the Muth option and pairing with those mirrors and see if I can come up with something.

lgjhn
09-26-2016, 10:32 PM
Larry didn't you have some tank pads and something on the gas fill cover? If that was you what are they and where did you get them if you remember.

Yes Sir. It was me that had the tank pads. It's a package that also contains the gas fill cover sections as well.
I bought them from TechSpec-USA:
http://techspec-usa.com/motorcycles/honda/honda-gold-wing-2011-current-tank-grip-pads.html
I tend to hug the tank with my knees and didn't want any issues with the paint. I've used these pads before on my FJR as well as my Gold Wing trike.
The only issue I've ever had with them was on the FJR as they didn't like the curvature of the big Yamaha's tank. On the Wings, it's a fairly flat surface and they do well on it.
Personally, I like the snakeskin texture over the other two options, but to each his own...LOL

beppok
09-27-2016, 03:07 PM
Yes Sir. It was me that had the tank pads. It's a package that also contains the gas fill cover sections as well.
I bought them from TechSpec-USA:
http://techspec-usa.com/motorcycles/honda/honda-gold-wing-2011-current-tank-grip-pads.html
I tend to hug the tank with my knees and didn't want any issues with the paint. I've used these pads before on my FJR as well as my Gold Wing trike.
The only issue I've ever had with them was on the FJR as they didn't like the curvature of the big Yamaha's tank. On the Wings, it's a fairly flat surface and they do well on it.
Personally, I like the snakeskin texture over the other two options, but to each his own...LOL

Thanks Larry I ordered a set.

ReserveBum
09-28-2016, 06:50 AM
Thanks Larry..it was good talking with you and those mirrors are on the list. Also enjoyed your mod where you added the screen over the intake. Great meeting you