PDA

View Full Version : Oooooooh, I went to the rally, saw that and want that!

stroguy
09-25-2016, 09:13 AM
A few of us took rides on other members bikes. While we definitely walked and admired our friends bikes. What did you see or feel on your ride or see on the walkarounds that made you say........'I want that'?

I really like the windscreen Chess had. I took many pics and hope to get the manufacturer to repeat his custom screen. I rode Charlie's bike and loved the throttle paddle. Even though I have cruise that throttle paddle would have been great for the rides we had last week. My throttle thumb gets to aching with the on/off throttle riding. (Which paddle do you have with stock grips and grip puppies?) If I could go solo I really liked the Colonels solo pilot package. There is also no doubt at how awesome the SoCal LED headlamps can improve safety. I had several folks behind me on the convoy to Fayetteville that just make the B so much more noticeable. They are on my short list for sure.

Jimmytee
09-25-2016, 09:17 AM
A few of us took rides on other members bikes. While we definitely walked and admired our friends bikes. What did you see or feel on your ride or see on the walkarounds that made you say........'I want that'?

I really like the windscreen Chess had. I took many pics and hope to get the manufacturer to repeat his custom screen. I rode Charlie's bike and loved the throttle paddle. Even though I have cruise that throttle paddle would have been great for the rides we had last week. My throttle thumb gets to aching with the on/off throttle riding. (Which paddle do you have with stock grips and grip puppies?) If I could go solo I really liked the Colonels solo pilot package. There is also no doubt at how awesome the SoCal LED headlamps can improve safety. I had several folks behind me on the convoy to Fayetteville that just make the B so much more noticeable. They are on my short list for sure.

I want the remote saddlebag release the Steve has on his.:icon_cool:

53driver
09-25-2016, 09:35 AM
I'm going to improve my audio system next.
I don't want a sub, and I do not want to sacrifice any storage space, but I know I need a bit (as in a LOT) more oomph from the amp and different drivers.

So I guess I'm looking for a small (size) power amp, running some 14/4 gauge speaker cable and speakers that will fit without modifying the bike.

Jimmytee
09-25-2016, 09:41 AM
I'm going to improve my audio system next.
I don't want a sub, and I do not want to sacrifice any storage space, but I know I need a bit (as in a LOT) more oomph from the amp and different drivers.

So I guess I'm looking for a small (size) power amp, running some 14/4 gauge speaker cable and speakers that will fit without modifying the bike.

Without a sub? You're best bet would probably be the incarnation that Robert (Pressorv) did. His system sounded pretty decent without the sub. Mine sounds ok, without the sub, but really needs the sub. He has the advantage ,as you know, with the control over the signal input. Very impressive, but impressive costs you. But hey , you got it.. Can't hide money. :icon_biggrin:

53driver
09-25-2016, 09:46 AM
I don't want to have to play with all those gizmos. If I want to do that, I go get my big PA toys out.

However, Rob and you both said that signal coming right off the pre-amp was AFU, so maybe....."ccsmiley"

53driver
09-25-2016, 09:50 AM

Here ya go!
http://www.mblinnovations.com/store/Electronic-Saddlebag-Door-Opener-Kit-wRemote-Control--16-.htm
Takes 30 minutes to install.

stroguy
09-25-2016, 09:50 AM
Bahhhh, you got something against sheep? Sheep are people too.

F6Pilot
09-25-2016, 10:14 AM
I am evaluating audio as well. And just like Steve, don't want to give up a bag. Posted this in another thread for evaluation and consideration and Robert gave some great direction.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9613-Audio-enhancement-perma-grin-style

But, to keep on topic, I experienced more peer pressure than I have since junior high. Calvin forced me, and numerous others, to sit on his Ultimate seat repeatedly. He even led me kicking and screaming directly to the Ultimate trailer at the BBB vendor area. Yes, I succumbed to the pressure and purchased the Ultimate King. Awesome seat, awesome supporting vendor, awesome friend. Thanks Calvin.

cwjj2001
09-25-2016, 11:21 AM
I am evaluating audio as well. And just like Steve, don't want to give up a bag. Posted this in another thread for evaluation and consideration and Robert gave some great direction.

But, to keep on topic, I experienced more peer pressure than I have since junior high. Calvin forced me, and numerous others, to sit on his Ultimate seat repeatedly. He even led me kicking and screaming directly to the Ultimate trailer at the BBB vendor area. Yes, I succumbed to the pressure and purchased the Ultimate King. Awesome seat, awesome supporting vendor, awesome friend. Thanks Calvin.

I am glad you're enjoying the seat, now you can join the Iron Butt crew with less pain...LOL!!!

Bighutch14
09-25-2016, 11:55 AM
Sitting on Calvins seat definitely put the ultimate King on my shortlist. And the adjustable baggershield the wife liked a lot when I took Charlie's bike for a ride.

dh2253
09-26-2016, 01:47 PM
Here ya go!
http://www.mblinnovations.com/store/Electronic-Saddlebag-Door-Opener-Kit-wRemote-Control--16-.htm
Takes 30 minutes to install.

Thanks, Steve. I didn't have the pleasure of seeing these in action, but when I saw this I moved it way up the wish list. Just what the doctor ordered, as my radio-knob spare key attempt failed. $169.00

Everyone please note that according to the website once these are installed you will not be able to open the saddlebags if you have a dead battery. They suggest the battery loop (like Larry said he installed on all of his bikes right away).

lgjhn
09-26-2016, 10:58 PM
Yep. Of all the things I saw there, that one really caught my attention.
I'm adding it to my "soon to buy" list.

CoCoKola
09-27-2016, 10:36 AM
I don't want to have to play with all those gizmos. If I want to do that, I go get my big PA toys out.

However, Rob and you both said that signal coming right off the pre-amp was AFU, so maybe....."ccsmiley"

The low level from the head unit is usable with a line driver added, or the amp i am using is able to compensate. It is a lower output than its standard, which is why most stock amps will distort quickly.

I'm not sure what you mean by play with gizmos. For what it is worth, I can set up the Audison for you, you just need to install it. you can skip removing the f6b amp and just tap that speaker outpyt straight into the Audison.

Then you add 8 14 guage to wire the speakers (you could use the stock for the tweets) and your done. It may be possible to put the amp in the left fairing run power and you bypass 3 hours of taking the bike apart and you keep all your saddlebag space. The amp is small, if someone wants to work with me on their bike at can try to make this work.

Once it's installed, you use f6b like you do today, no gizmos..

CoCoKola
09-27-2016, 10:58 AM
My list included:

exahust
seat
passenger highway pegs
wind deflectors
passenger cup holder

Chess customized seat makes a lot of sense to me.
Jeffs torque loops with? ? (can't remember at the moment).. I want a deeper sound without adding drone or too much additional loudness. I don't want to compete with the radio...

I didn't factor in new accessories to the cost of the trip to the Rally!!

53driver
09-27-2016, 12:12 PM
The low level from the head unit is usable with a line driver added, or the amp i am using is able to compensate. It is a lower output than its standard, which is why most stock amps will distort quickly.

I'm not sure what you mean by play with gizmos. For what it is worth, I can set up the Audison for you, you just need to install it. you can skip removing the f6b amp and just tap that speaker outpyt straight into the Audison.

Then you add 8 14 guage to wire the speakers (you could use the stock for the tweets) and your done. It may be possible to put the amp in the left fairing run power and you bypass 3 hours of taking the bike apart and you keep all your saddlebag space. The amp is small, if someone wants to work with me on their bike at can try to make this work.

Once it's installed, you use f6b like you do today, no gizmos..

Rob,
After Biketoberfest, I'm coming to visit and we'll get this "Marine proof" installed.
Cheers,
Steve

Battoo
09-27-2016, 01:08 PM

Kick backs ,, I then you sold your Mustang at a great price too

Battoo
09-27-2016, 01:11 PM
I came away with seat envy . and sound envy , spent this past Sunday pulling the rest of the baffels out of the Dragn, sounds throaty ,now maybe some torque loops ,
o and the Mustang seat for us , my rider is vertically challenged

CoCoKola
09-27-2016, 01:50 PM
Rob,
After Biketoberfest, I'm coming to visit and we'll get this "Marine proof" installed.
Cheers,
Steve

Looking forward to it Mr. Sound !

stepbill
09-27-2016, 02:13 PM
Looking forward to it Mr. Sound !

I don't think anything is really "Marine Proof"! :icon_biggrin:

F6Pilot
09-27-2016, 07:46 PM
Kick backs ,, I then you sold your Mustang at a great price too

Well, it's all about reciprocity. I enjoy this community and have reaped many rewards in the way of knowledge and friendships. I got a good deal on the Ultimate and was glad to make you a good deal as well.

F6Pilot
09-27-2016, 07:47 PM
I am glad you're enjoying the seat, now you can join the Iron Butt crew with less pain...LOL!!!

The seat is awesome. As opposed to my arrival in Russellville, I got home and could have stayed in the saddle longer.