PDA

View Full Version : Sena 10 stopped working

Doug44
09-25-2016, 10:48 AM
After several years and tons of use on the 2nd day of an 5k. Trip it was dead. Charged it up like I always do overnight in the motel room, the l.e.d. Was blue as it should have been everything normal except it was totally dead when trying to turn it on. Nothing would make it turn on but luckily another rider had a spare s10 I was able to use for the remained of the 5k trip. Upon returning home I was getting ready to contact Sena about what to do etc send it back for repair or buy a replacement I noticed the unit has a extremely small pin hole on the inside and the owners manual states "reset" . Fine except the unit was totally dead so the reset did nothing. I decided to plug it in to charge knowing the red l.e.d would come on and while charging I reset it. After doing this the red l.e.d. Changed to a red/blue state and it seemed to work again after powering it off & back on. While I was into this I did the update for the firmware went from 4.1 to 5.1 or something like this and all is 100% again. I might add the owners manual instructs you to use a paper clip to insert into the reset hole but this hole is so small a paper clip won't fit. Finally my wife loaned me one of her ear rings and it was just the right size to do the job perfect.

Hopefully this post will save others who might run into this problem from buying a new unit or sending it back for repair. In my case my unit had been 100%+ perfect for years and bang no reason just wouldn't power on.

Jimmytee
09-25-2016, 12:25 PM
After several years and tons of use on the 2nd day of an 5k. Trip it was dead. Charged it up like I always do overnight in the motel room, the l.e.d. Was blue as it should have been everything normal except it was totally dead when trying to turn it on. Nothing would make it turn on but luckily another rider had a spare s10 I was able to use for the remained of the 5k trip. Upon returning home I was getting ready to contact Sena about what to do etc send it back for repair or buy a replacement I noticed the unit has a extremely small pin hole on the inside and the owners manual states "reset" . Fine except the unit was totally dead so the reset did nothing. I decided to plug it in to charge knowing the red l.e.d would come on and while charging I reset it. After doing this the red l.e.d. Changed to a red/blue state and it seemed to work again after powering it off & back on. While I was into this I did the update for the firmware went from 4.1 to 5.1 or something like this and all is 100% again. I might add the owners manual instructs you to use a paper clip to insert into the reset hole but this hole is so small a paper clip won't fit. Finally my wife loaned me one of her ear rings and it was just the right size to do the job perfect.

Hopefully this post will save others who might run into this problem from buying a new unit or sending it back for repair. In my case my unit had been 100%+ perfect for years and bang no reason just wouldn't power on.

Good to know, in case it happens. Thanks:yes: