PDA

View Full Version : Finding a Demo Ride

Horseman
09-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Stopped in at Bob Jo Honda near Sycamore, Il. yesterday and sat on a F6B for the first time. What a great looking bike, and it fits me perfectly. I'm about 5'11" with an inseam of 30in. and the legroom and reach to the bars could not be any better. My GF is going to love the pillion accomodations, as well. I've looked at every 2-up touring bike on the market (even Harley) and I think I've finally found what I've been looking for. Now I just need to ride one to confirm it. I've been riding European brands for a long time and finding a demo ride on a Triumph, Ducati, BMW, etc. is easy. The Japanese brands are a lot tougher, as you folks know. Does anyone here know of any demo rides available in the wider area around Chicago? I'd be willing to drive a little to make it happen. Thanks.

HogSlayer
09-21-2013, 07:50 AM
I test rode one at Niehaus honda in Litchfield IL last sat and im picking up my
Black one today:clap2: it would be quite a haul from Chicago Area 2-1/2 hours
Believe me if you ride one you'll buy one!

IamBatmanF6B
09-21-2013, 10:45 AM
If a dealership wants to sell one they will let you ride it. My dealership doesn't offer demo rides but they allowed me to take one off of the showroom floor. I rode it and bought it.

bobbyf6b
09-21-2013, 11:18 AM
I know the frustration of not being able to ride before you buy, but I bought mine without riding it. I just knew I would love it! :icon_mrgreen:

Steve 0080
09-21-2013, 01:14 PM
I have never test riden anything I bought !!!!! Ever !!!! Never saw the need....having said that is anyone close that can let Horseman use their bike for a short ride???

Horseman
09-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the response, guys. I was honest with the folks at Bob Jo in saying that I won't be buying until next year. They still offered a short ride on the only
F6B they had. If I was ready to roll now I would taken them up on it. Can't see putting miles on a brand new bike if I'm only doing my homework. :icon_biggrin:
Hogslayer, is the black one you rode a designated demo bike? If so, it might be worth the drive if I can't find anything else. Thanks for the tip.
Steve, back in the 70s when I was buying a new bike every couple of months, I never test rode anything, either. These days the machines are a lot more expensive and that Honda is about 300 lbs heavier than anything I've ridden in the past. So I need to see for myself how she handles before I sign on the dotted line.:icon_biggrin: I appreciate your call for a ride on someone's personal ride and even though I've been buying, riding and racing motorcycles for 45 years, and have owned over 40 bikes, I can't imagine anyone being that generous, and that brave with their own machine! Not sure I would be. Thanks for the thought.

Steve 0080
09-21-2013, 11:46 PM
Horseman....Thanks.... and yes I would and have!!!! Lets be real here for a minute...it is a hunk of plastic and aluminum.... I do know a lot of people who think they sleep with their bikes...but not me....everything is either for sale or rent!

HogSlayer
09-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Niehaus always has bikes for demo rides, they carry honda, kawasaki,
Suzuki and yamaha's. every year when new models come out I go and ride the new models that interest me.

jakec
09-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Horseman, I live in Morris,Il, if you want to ride mine PM me. It does have Reg Risers and Cobra 626 pipes on it so it will be different then stock, oh it also has a 13" Cee Bailey wind shield but your welcome to try it.
Jakec

Horseman
09-22-2013, 04:38 PM
jakec,
Thank you for the generous offer. I might just take you up on that if I can't find a dealer somewhere. Looks like Steve0080 was right.:icon_biggrin: I stand corrected.