PDA

View Full Version : For FaceBook users - here's a group to join

53driver
09-26-2016, 09:57 AM
There is a closed Group on FB called "Kustom GoldWing F6B Fans and Riders."
It is run by Jay Ford whose red Medusa F6B was on the cover of Wing World recently.

I posted info about the Rally there and it was well received.
Looks like many of their members (~1100) are going to be hopefully joining our forum.
Some of our members here are in there as well.

If you want to see some amazing paint schemes and some tricked out stereo systems, as well as the "big front tire" thing, give them a look see.
This forum doesn't really do the "custom" paint like they do there so I'm providing an information opportunity for those who want to explore.

Cheers,
Steve

Bunny
09-26-2016, 11:58 AM
It is run by Jay Ford whose red Medusa F6B was on the cover of Wing World recently.

Looks like many of their members (~1100) are going to be hopefully joining our forum.

If you want to see some amazing paint schemes and some tricked out stereo systems, as well as the "big front tire" thing, give them a look see.
This forum doesn't really do the "custom" paint like they do there so I'm providing an information opportunity for those who want to explore.

Cheers,
Steve

i just joined

dh2253
09-26-2016, 01:25 PM

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks for the heads-up at the rally, Steve. I joined when I was there and approved on my way back to Texas. Lot of cool stuff there and seems like a lot of activity.

choptop
09-26-2016, 01:57 PM
Joined and accepted while still at the Rally.:yes: Saw Teach on it, sent friend request and got a Facebook friend out of her.

unsub
09-26-2016, 07:23 PM
Not only would I rather poke my eyes out with a sharp stick than be on Facebook, it could dimish all the hard work that our admin puts into this site. That's just me, obviously there are millions of others that will disagree.

Jimmytee
09-26-2016, 07:44 PM
Not only would I rather poke my eyes out with a sharp stick than be on Facebook, it could dimish all the hard work that our admin puts into this site. That's just me, obviously there are millions of others that will disagree.

Count me as the first of those millions. :duck:

Won't counter anything, has already expanded this site's membership.

53driver
09-27-2016, 07:05 AM

FB membership aside - you raise a valid concern, and I weighed all the pros & cons as well.
They do things we don't do, and we do things they don't do.
It's more complementary than adversarial.

As Jimmy noted, we had over 20 joins yesterday from this cross pollination.
Please welcome them as they post.

Cheers,
Steve

choptop
09-27-2016, 07:15 AM
Just one more place to go and be entertained in retirement, this is my go to place, has been for a number of years and will not change.

blueverclear
09-27-2016, 01:50 PM
I'm a member of both, I tend to go the facebook page much more often because its much more convenient and more about bikes and customizing and not much politics at all. Everyone is very friendly and I have gained some friends because of it. And of course I get to mess with my favorite NE GA mountain girl all the time! lol

unsub
09-27-2016, 06:59 PM
FB membership aside - you raise a valid concern, and I weighed all the pros & cons as well.
They do things we don't do, and we do things they don't do.
It's more complementary than adversarial.

As Jimmy noted, we had over 20 joins yesterday from this cross pollination.
Please welcome them as they post.

Cheers,
Steve

Of course.

I don't doubt there will be more registered members here as a result, but registrations don't necessarily translate into participation. It remains to be seen on which side the pendulum stops.

But hey, let's move on, my eyes hurt...:yes:

53driver
09-27-2016, 08:15 PM
Of course.

I don't doubt there will be more registered members here as a result, but registrations don't necessarily translate into participation. It remains to be seen on which side the pendulum stops.

But hey, let's move on, my eyes hurt...:yes:

WilCo.

BadDawg
09-27-2016, 10:13 PM
Wow, I belong to several GW related forums including the above. I like meeting new people and sharing new ideas. Wouldn't think it mattered where you meet at.

bikerdoc1500
10-16-2016, 03:55 PM

Cheers,
Steve
Thanks Steve, I just requested to join.