PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts

VStarRider
09-26-2016, 06:19 PM
1. Be careful when passing. Following a glance in the mirrors and oncoming lane when in 5th gear, I have found myself almost running into the vehicle I am passing because speed climbs so quickly.

2. I think I have finally cured myself (and stopped scaring the shit out of myself) of hitting the horn accidentally after trying to cancel the turn signal or mute the audio system. Sheesh.

3. It took a year, but I now know how to make use of the clamshell opening saddlebags most effectively . I usually put items to be stored on the open lid, then shut it. Seems as though even a piece of paper sticking through the hinged bottom of the lid will prevent it from shutting.

4. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This beholder says the full Wing is ugly.

5. The 1800 flat-six's power should be measured in thrust, not horsepower or torque. The power delivery is much more jet-engine like in delivery and sound.

speedjunkie
09-26-2016, 07:04 PM
The jury's still out on the bags, but I agree on the rest! She's a beast without a doubt!

Mike

lloydmoore1
09-26-2016, 07:45 PM
.2 still gets me ALL the time,especially when trying to mute the radio...scares the shit out of me :yikes:

and every time I pass a car I am amazed at how quick I can disappear and how hard it is to slow down once you get the speed up.

YikesCops
09-26-2016, 08:08 PM
2. I think I have finally cured myself (and stopped scaring the shit out of myself) of hitting the horn accidentally after trying to cancel the turn signal or mute the audio system. Sheesh.

I keep doing this as well. Scares the cars around me as well...loud horn.