PDA

View Full Version : Not finding many F6B bikes in the dealerships $$$

Milkmaster
09-29-2016, 06:53 AM
I was planning to visit a few dealerships next week and look at potential candidates for purchase. I had no idea beforehand that several dealerships have none in stock. I don't know if that is because of the time of year, F6B's selling well or not selling well. I have been calling around locally to see where I can go find one. The cheapest I am seeing online is a new 2015 Deluxe model for $16999 + tax. The 2016 F6B Deluxe is $17485 + tax OTD at a few places. How popular is the F6B? I have already decided that bike is what I want, but I want to be knowledgeable when negotiating a purchase.

Wing'n it
09-29-2016, 07:09 AM
The dealers around me in Ohio are hit and miss, my servicing dealer has a few leftovers and a few new models. However all the dealers I stop at tell me that the F6B is not a big seller so they only have a limited amount. I know the popularity of it must be dropping since the price is, my 2015 deluxe was on the floor for 23k and I managed to get it down to around 21k with an extended warranty, a little sad seeing new bikes sell for less than what I owe but I did not buy it for an investment in money only an investment in my pleasure. There are also so killer deals online but I was never a fan of doing that to the local guys but Honda of Russellville has some awesome painted F6's like look great.

taxfree4
09-29-2016, 07:24 AM
Russellville Honda is only about 6 hours away and they have a large selection of F6B's, make it an overnight trip. They have all colors, including one that should be in a parade in NYC, and the staff there is very patient, knowledgeable and helpful. I live in NY and bought mine in Fla., rode it back.

Milkmaster
09-29-2016, 09:28 AM
Yes I did talk to the folks at Russellville earlier this week. The extra colors if that is important added a lot to the price.

I also talked to a large dealership in Chattanooga (Southern Honda Powersports) that offers the same prices. I was trying to buy locally if possible.

53driver
09-29-2016, 09:32 AM
Yes I did talk to the folks at Russellville earlier this week. The extra colors if that is important added a lot to the price.

I also talked to a large dealership in Chattanooga (Southern Honda Powersports) that offers the same prices. I was trying to buy locally if possible.

Did Russellville go into getting a new F6B for you, an NOS '13 or '14. What about a '15?

opas ride
09-29-2016, 10:07 AM
F6B's have never sold well in the Michigan area where I live..I have only seen about 6 or so in the entire state...Most dealers here claim the bike is a slow seller and therefore they do not stock them...13's,14's,15's and even the 2016 models are almost non-exsistent around here...Russellville sounds like a good option for some....A great bike and those that don't ride one have no idea what they are missing!!!

DTOM
09-29-2016, 10:17 AM
I was planning to visit a few dealerships next week and look at potential candidates for purchase. I had no idea beforehand that several dealerships have none in stock. I don't know if that is because of the time of year, F6B's selling well or not selling well. I have been calling around locally to see where I can go find one. The cheapest I am seeing online is a new 2015 Deluxe model for $16999 + tax. The 2016 F6B Deluxe is $17485 + tax OTD at a few places. How popular is the F6B? I have already decided that bike is what I want, but I want to be knowledgeable when negotiating a purchase.

I would find one from a private seller and avoid all of the BS destination fees, etc. My dealers in Salt Lake wouldn't budge and I guess I don't blame them if they can sell them at or right below list. I found a 2015 Deluxe with 300 miles in one of the dealerships and the best he could do after tax and licensing was nearly $20K and he claimed he was losing $1000 at that price. I found the exact same bike from a gentleman in South Carolina with 2600 miles and $5K in extras for $14250. Sure I had to find a way to get it home, but I paid $500 to have it shipped (fully insured with zero deductible if something happened during shipping). So my final price after taxes, licensing, and shipping for a practically brand new 2015 Deluxe with tons of extras was approx $15,250.

There are plenty of willing sellers out there that have babied their rides and have added cool stuff to them along the way. Be patient...the perfect bike for you will reveal itself...in my opinon :)

Hodgey1
09-29-2016, 11:39 AM
I am beyond, completely shocked that the F6B is not a huge seller? I just don't get it......

The second I saw my first F6B, I went, holly s__t, what is that? These bikes scream loudly to anyone "like me" who wants most all of the wonderfullness that is a Goldwing, without the stuff that screams "old/ugly" and it's pricey. I think the F6B's are one of the sharpest looking bike on the road. My favorite part though, is that engine, holly s__t, smooth as silk, quite and no vibration! This bike also handles better than any other road bike I've ridden, I'm scrapping pegs and riding it like a sports bike with the Tom Petty blaring out the stereo when I'm alone. Then when two up, my wife and I are enjoying the smooth peaceful trips threw the country side without the HD tractor like noises coming from the exhaust "Though, I did like that years ago".

When I decided to pull the trigger on the F6B, I stopped at a few dealers with decent advertised pricing, but like an earlier poster wrote, after all the extra charges and set-up fee's the price grew and grew. Even with the added costs you'd be out the door around $15,500 brand new, not a bad deal at all. I ended up 3 months ago finding a used 2013 standard, with 2,000 miles on it, still had the balance of the 3 year warranty "2 more left", for $11,000. It also had the deluxe options added by the previous owner.

So in a nut shell, the lack of demand for the F6B is a benefit to the buyer right now and a big pain in the back side if you're a seller, but like someone mentioned earlier, I didn't buy mine for an investment either :icon_biggrin:

Redlinez
09-29-2016, 04:42 PM
I'll throw in another, Sport Cycles in Rockingham NC. The owner Jerry and his son Keith are stand up guys. Great deals and if they don't have one you want, usually takes a week or so to get one. Check out their prices on their site. I've bought 2 F6B's and 4 other bikes from them since 99. But it looks like you're 7hrs 45 min from them. Oh well.

wantone
09-29-2016, 07:13 PM
They will sell more if Fu*kin Honda adds reverse, ABS to it. It's close to 900 lbs. Not everyone is 6+ft tall to move around such a heavy bike. They shud have added Cruise ctrl from the beginning.

Wing'n it
09-29-2016, 08:13 PM
My dealer said that the full Wing guys hate the F6B and most of the other people interested ask how much for the "tour pack" kit. Their answer is "buy the full wing there is no kit"!

Wing'n it
09-29-2016, 08:15 PM

I have heard good things about that dealer in Chattanooga and I'm in Ohio...........