PDA

View Full Version : Quite a week!

Scotrod
09-20-2013, 10:16 PM
Wife and I 'MC vaca' for a week in AR every year. Trailered up this year with just her Yami Roadliner as I picked up my F6B in Russellville on the 14th,,, :yes:

I've never ridden a 'Wing, and didn't really know what to expect from the F6B,,,

Spent the last week putterin around the Ozarks,,, A few short stretches on I-40 as well,,,

"Seamless, easy to ride, well-mannered, smooth, wide powerband,,," Jeesh, the list went on and on.

Some of the things you don't experience are equally nice,,, None of the roasting at stoplights from an air-cooled twin,, far less shifting 'out in the sticks' as the flat six will run 35 in 5th w/o excessive - 'lugging',,, Quiet powertrain,,, Wind protection beyond just a shield or a 'batwing',,,

Quite a 'change for the better' from my prior Yami Stratoliner,,,

All this time, my Wife was behind me on her Roadliner,,,

So, we swapped rides,,,, In doing so, the differences between the Wing and the 'Liners became even more apparent,,,

The wife noticed it too,,,

We talked,,,

And,,,

Uh,,,

Umm,,,

We traded her Roadliner in on a F6B today.

Mine is Black/Blurple, Hers is all black.

One more day in the Ozarks, and then we're heading home,,, with (2) SWEET Honda's!!! :yes: :banana: :woohoo:

Yes, it's been quite a week! :icon_biggrin:

bobbyf6b
09-20-2013, 10:24 PM
WOW! :congrats:

Steve 0080
09-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Sweet !!!!!!!!!!! One big happy riding family now!!!!!!

edgeman55
09-21-2013, 09:47 AM
The only thing better then one F6B in your garage is two F6b's in there.Happy and safe riding to you two:clap2:

timjoebob
09-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Super sweet story! Enjoy the ride home!

Scotrod
09-21-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm tickled and the wife still can't believe it! :icon_biggrin:
We had no intentions whatsoever of trading her bike for anything during this trip or even after our return. She was completely happy with it.
The more I rode my F6B, and after she took a couple spins on it, the differences between the Honda and her 'Liner were made very apparent,,,, WAY greater than either of us had ever thought it would be! The F6B is just that sweet!
So, as we were already here in Russellville, we decided to "double-down!" :yes:

Cold front came through yesterday,, rain,,, but today was excellent weather for riding!
Wife and I got 200 lazy miles in today before we started loading eveything up.
There were '8 million' other riders out everywhere today,,, Bikes, Blues and BBQ is going on in Fayetteville. LOTS of happy folks out having fun riding the Ozarks,,,

Life is good!!! :woohoo:

bobbyf6b
09-21-2013, 11:36 PM
We need pics!

:postpics:

Bike44
09-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Hey guy, congratulations on the new rides! They do perform very well and are a joy to scoot about on. I put on a taller F4 shield with vent and in our cool alaskan wx it helped. Have fun this winter touring TX. It's snowing and 25 deg in Fairbanks so we'll be done riding in a week to 10 days.

Gary

choptop
09-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Great story and outcome.

kjelders
09-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Awesome! Now we need pics with those smiling faces

choptop
09-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Stories like yours make me want the F6b all that much more. Sold my Warrior a little over a month ago, it road away a couple of hours before I went on my ride w/the Harley and it broke down, been w/out a bike since then. Have been following this forum, daily, since I joined. A friend, in the riding club I belong to, bought a black one, the faster color, a little over a month ago, and loves it. My plan, at this point is to get the Harley fixed, in the spring, keep it for the look and sound, and pick up a used F6B in the spring. Gives me the winter to pay off some things or maybe get rid of a toy in exchange for the F6B.

Scotrod
09-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Just made it back a couple hours ago,,,

Here are a couple shots,, The 'Illusion Blue' is only blue from in certain light conditions,,, 'Blurple' is a more fitting name as its purple most of the time,,

Yeah, that's her shield on my bike, and vice versa,,,

I bought a bagger-shield from HOR for her bike,,, Went to install it and ran into the 'big slots/little washers' issue. Pulled my front off, Same problem.

Bought flat washers for 'my' old(?) baggershield and put it on her bike. (HOR will be shipping me a F6B specific baggershield later this week.)
Long story short, HOR has been 'unaware of' a separate F6B bagger shield and has been equipping all their Signature Series F6B bikes with GL1800 shields, not F6B shields.
(Can't fault em too much, the Parts Unlimited catalog doesn't have the F6B shield listed, only the GL1800)

GL1800 shield doesn't come all the way down to the fairing on each side when mounted on an F6B

This is because the F6B doesn't have the adjustable height shield feature the GL1800 does. That same shield does come down all the way on the sides on a GL, but not a F6B,,,

F6B shield on F6B:

http://www.baggershield.com/baggershield-honda-f6b-11-to-19-adjustable-p-83.html

Scotrod
09-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Stories like yours make me want the F6b all that much more. .

We were at the Bikes Blues, and BBQ rally earlier this week. Wife test rode a Road King, and I test rode a CVO Road King. (Street glide was out when we were ready to go, so, what the heck, give me the CVO!!! :icon_biggrin: )

There's a world of difference between RK's and F6B's. If you are used to HD's, it would be 'a bit less foreign' to you that they were to us. They were nice bikes, no doubt about it, and the CVO I rode had some good 'grunt', but all the shakin' below 2k is, well, kinda unnecessary IMHO.

I do like what HD did with the Rushmore project, and change is coming, but the Honda 1800 flat six is smooth as buttah, and the wind protection is SWEET for eating up the miles.

bobbyf6b
09-22-2013, 10:41 PM
If you order parts 33 and 34 (link shows diagram) along with the screws 57 and 40 the windshield will fit much better. I ended up using the F6B bolts on the sides (slots are more narrow). The parts keep the shield centered and in the up or down position, your choice.

http://www.hondabikes.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=3763876&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2013&fveh=172173

Scotrod
09-22-2013, 10:47 PM
That's what it needs! The 3/8 fender washers on all 3 bolts are what I have now, but the OEM parts at least in the center would be better!

Thanks!

bobbyf6b
09-22-2013, 10:51 PM
No prob, that's why we're here right? I bought the side slots and screws too but ended up not using them because they didn't want to fit nice.