PDA

View Full Version : Handles on the cover that do more

danasp22
10-01-2016, 02:56 PM
These are boat cleats. 4" Nylon cleats that double as a handle and a holder for cellphones, GPS, hats or gloves. They are firmly attached by SS screws and do not hit the steering either way. The elastic strap is a woman's hair cord. I got a pack of 6 straps at Ocean State Joblot for 2 bucks. The cleats camp in a 4 pack for 10 bucks on Amazon. Stainless screws, easy. See pics.

bob109
10-01-2016, 04:12 PM
Very innovative! Simple but effective! It doesn't get any better!:039:

53driver
10-01-2016, 05:17 PM
That is VERY ingenious!

Hmm... 4" nylon cleats... gotta be some in Florida somewhere...

willtill
10-01-2016, 05:27 PM
These are boat cleats. 4" Nylon cleats that double as a handle and a holder for cellphones, GPS, hats or gloves. They are firmly attached by SS screws and do not hit the steering either way. See pics.

That is very cool. I have been trying to figure out a way to attach my Gerbings dual heat controller to the very same area... the case for it is leather and it has a belt hook that could attach to something affixed to the cover... but I've been hesitant with installing the needed hardware on that plastic cover.

Shoot... if someone has the nerve to install FRIKKEN BOAT CLEATS... on it... I'll not feel so bad in installing a simple clasp myself. :yes: :yes:

Wing'n it
10-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Lets not forget he has a place to lash down the boat and hang the bumpers...... seriously, neat idea!

shortleg0521
10-02-2016, 07:48 PM
These are boat cleats. 4" Nylon cleats that double as a handle and a holder for cellphones, GPS, hats or gloves. They are firmly attached by SS screws and do not hit the steering either way. The elastic strap is a woman's hair cord. I got a pack of 6 straps at Ocean State Joblot for 2 bucks. The cleats camp in a 4 pack for 10 bucks on Amazon. Stainless screws, easy. See pics.

They or something close might work on the side rails also.
Would help in holding stuff down on passenger section of seat.

stroguy
10-02-2016, 08:39 PM
They or something close might work on the side rails also.
Would help in holding stuff down on passenger section of seat.

You could hang a six pack off each side running beers to the rally in the dry county.

53driver
10-02-2016, 09:42 PM
You could hang a six pack off each side running beers to the rally in the dry county.

:nono::spank:

willtill
10-03-2016, 05:34 AM

Well.. these are our iron steeds. and the cleats are saddle horns... so why not? :icon_lol: