PDA

View Full Version : Honda F6B reclassified

unsub
10-02-2016, 12:21 PM
While we continue to discuss whether or not Honda will continue to produce the F6B or what the future holds for the full wing, Honda has been discreetly classifying the F6B as a touring model. To be clear I didn't harvest secretly embedded files smuggled out of Kumamoto. It's Honda's web site that classifies the F6B as a Touring model and as a Cruiser and on the Canadian web site the F6B sits beside the the full wing as a Tourer only.

I can't be a 100% sure but I believe when I was shopping around looking to pay full price in 2013 it was known as a cruiser only and the new generation Valk was not yet a reality. In fact, there was a lot of speculation that there wouldn't be another Valkyrie.

As I've mentioned before in a previous thread it's my belief that Honda has been listening or watching what trends with the F6B and may pursue the touring avenue with this bike. It's an easy road to go down since all Honda really needs to do is design additional storage for the B -ala- previous generation Valk Interstate and continue to follow how consumers are modifying their B's.

After all, from cruiser to tourer is how today's full wing evolved over the last 40 years.

Jimmytee
10-02-2016, 12:27 PM
While we continue to discuss whether or not Honda will continue to produce the F6B or what the future holds for the full wing, Honda has been discreetly classifying the F6B as a touring model. To be clear I didn't harvest secretly embedded files smuggled out of Kumamoto. It's Honda's web site that classifies the F6B as a Touring model and as a Cruiser and on the Canadian web site the F6B sits beside the the full wing as a Tourer only.

I can't be a 100% sure but I believe when I was shopping around looking to pay full price in 2013 it was known as a cruiser only and the new generation Valk was not yet a reality. In fact, there was a lot of speculation that there wouldn't be another Valkyrie.

As I've mentioned before in a previous thread it's my belief that Honda has been listening or watching what trends with the F6B and may pursue the touring avenue with this bike. It's an easy road to go down since all Honda really needs to do is design additional storage for the B -ala- previous generation Valk Interstate and continue to follow how consumers are modifying their B's.

After all, from cruiser to tourer is how today's full wing evolved over the last 40 years.

Huh? As long as I can remember it has been in both the cruiser and touring categories. :shrug:

Davidk
10-02-2016, 12:44 PM
What is the definition of Cruiser and Tourer?

unsub
10-02-2016, 12:48 PM
As I stated I don't remember it ever marketed as a tourer when I was looking but I'm old and my memory is foggy and I paid full price. :icon_lol:
That said I believe that Honda wants to keep it around as a tourer. As they move the full wing into the next phase, whenever or whatever that will be, the B's future might be a full on touring bike. Which it is not, at the moment, and may answer the question of the B's future.

xltsport
10-02-2016, 01:08 PM
If they were to redesign the next generation wing with removable trunk they may be able to eliminate the b as a separate bike and make it a trim level

opas ride
10-02-2016, 01:42 PM
Speculation is a wonderful thing but a total waste of time and thought..Whatever Ma Honda has planned for the future has long been in the "pipeline" so to speak and is probably already in production for next year!!!...Just enjoy what you have and wait and see....Regards and ride safe...

seadog
10-02-2016, 02:52 PM
What is the definition of Cruiser and Tourer?

My M109R Suzuki Boulevard was a Cruiser absolutely no place to put anything else on the bike but your butt and no Cruise control, no wind shield, no heated grips, no center stand, no AM FM radio. My F6B Deluxe is a Tourer loaded with lots of places to put your stuff, and all the nice controls for touring the world.

VStarRider
10-02-2016, 05:12 PM
My M109R Suzuki Boulevard was a Cruiser absolutely no place to put anything else on the bike but your butt and no Cruise control, no wind shield, no heated grips, no center stand, no AM FM radio. My F6B Deluxe is a Tourer loaded with lots of places to put your stuff, and all the nice controls for touring the world.

I think it is more of a tourer because it doesn't really have the cruiser chassis. The full Wing is built on a UJM platform, and the F6B is a full Wing minus a couple of items. When you sit on an F6B, your riding position is not traditional cruiser position, despite the seat's attempt to make you feel that way. When I used to go back and forth between the F6B and VStar, it was a totally different ride and handling experience.

Something I noticed on the F6B page on the Honda website ... they mention adjustable air suspension as one of its features ... a mistake? a look into what may be coming? Or does the 2017 model have it and I missed that news story?!?

Jimmytee
10-02-2016, 07:16 PM
No matter how you define it ,I remember Honda having the F6B inder both categories on their website back to the 2013 models. Just saying. I was drooling over the F6B since they first announced it. :icon_cool:

jm21ddd15
10-02-2016, 07:34 PM
Ya, I've seen it listed in both catagories, ever since they started making them. I think the stupid little stock windshield, helps it slip into the cruiser category. 99 percent of us swap that out in the 1st week of use. Like Jimmytee said, I also was drooling over the 6 when I 1st saw one.

53driver
10-02-2016, 09:40 PM
It's a "heavy cruiser."

I read that in a trade magazine somewhere and I liked it.
Cheers,
Steve

SimonTemplar
10-03-2016, 02:15 AM
Yep...Cycle World invented the new category name specifically for the F6B.....Heavy Cruiser.

I'm with 53driver......I LIKE it! Suits it perfectly.

....sT

willtill
10-03-2016, 05:27 AM
:icon_lol:

http://i68.tinypic.com/2u55ohl.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=heavy+cruiser&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Wing'n it
10-03-2016, 07:04 AM
If they were to redesign the next generation wing with removable trunk they may be able to eliminate the b as a separate bike and make it a trim level

Not that I would EVER endorse one again, CanAm just released their RTS model with a removable trunk. If Honda did venture that way I would welcome that model as I have purchased a "trunkless" model and added a removable trunk,... as many of us have. I like the sporty look of the B and that's what appealed to me for purchase but my wife only likes the ride with the trunk for security as well as comfort. Right now the split is 90/10, 90 without the trunk and 10 with as far as use.

Retired Army
10-03-2016, 07:30 AM

For tax prepossess in Indiana it's classified as a motorcycle. Personally I ride a two wheel drive Honda Gold Wing F6B.

Jimmytee
10-03-2016, 03:12 PM

For tax prepossess in Indiana it's classified as a motorcycle. Personally I ride a two wheel drive Honda Gold Wing F6B.

Where in Indiana?

thunder217
10-03-2016, 07:21 PM
I forever wanted a Goldwing and because of my height did not feel comfortable on the Full Goldwing and felt just perfect on the F6B. Is it the seat or the seating postion that makes the difference. The full wing for me is a knee banger. The F6B is totally comfortable for 13/14 hours rides anywhere. :icon_redface:

53driver
10-03-2016, 08:22 PM

Go Navy! Beat Army!
Signed,
Bill the Goat
'82-'85

SimonTemplar
10-04-2016, 02:07 AM

Well then....feel free to ride one to Russellville next year!

.....sT

willtill
10-04-2016, 05:45 AM
Go Navy! Beat Army!
Signed,
Bill the Goat
'82-'85

Ya... they've been doing that for quite awhile now. :shock: