PDA

View Full Version : glove box cubby

Milkmaster
10-02-2016, 08:54 PM
Anyone using one of these? Do you like it as much as you thought when you bought it? Any good or bad comments about it?

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/4296/glove-box-cubby

stroguy
10-02-2016, 08:56 PM
I had one and didn't care for it. You are limited on the size drink holder due to the narrow opening. I prefer the bigger OEM opening.

seadog
10-02-2016, 10:06 PM
Had to adjust the locking mechanism to get it to hold tight when secured. Only excepts a small bottle of water but I do like the chrome on my matte silver bike.

Sonny
10-02-2016, 10:14 PM
I have one on mine. The hole for the drink fits water bottles perfect, haven't found a cup yet that fits yet. I use a soft cooler in the saddlebag with frozen waters, seems to work ok.
For the price, I don't think I would get it again. There are better cup holders.

Navvet
10-02-2016, 11:08 PM
I have one ... Could not be without it.

I found a steel insulated mug that fits it perfectly so I bought 6 of them ( i always have a cup of coffee with me).

I leave the left cover off to store my phone and pipe tobacco.

Bunny
10-03-2016, 11:58 AM
I have one ... Could not be without it.

I found a steel insulated mug that fits it perfectly so I bought 6 of them ( i always have a cup of coffee with me).

I leave the left cover off to store my phone and pipe tobacco.

i also have one on mine and love it - it does fit thermo coffee cups - you just have to push it in after awhile it fits.

wjduke
10-03-2016, 12:49 PM
Got too much crap in there now....don't you guys have a junk drawer?

Battoo
10-03-2016, 01:10 PM
I have them on both bikes , Love it ,

pilotguy299
10-04-2016, 08:40 AM
I purchased one and have mixed feelings about it.

The fit isn't perfect, and it seems a bit loose on the upper edge. I haven't found a use for the side cubbyholes, except maybe for change. But even then the lids aren't the easiest to put back on while moving. I really do like having the drink holder in the center of the bike and off of the handlebars, and a 24oz/710ml gatorade bottle fits in it perfectly.

opas ride
10-04-2016, 09:46 AM
I purchased one and have mixed feelings about it.

The fit isn't perfect, and it seems a bit loose on the upper edge. I haven't found a use for the side cubbyholes, except maybe for change. But even then the lids aren't the easiest to put back on while moving. I really do like having the drink holder in the center of the bike and off of the handlebars, and a 24oz/710ml gatorade bottle fits in it perfectly.

I like mine and no issues with water bottles..As said above it does not fit perfect, but if you slightly bend the locking tab it will be more secure and not as loose...Ride safe

ruben3890
10-17-2016, 03:45 PM
I was at Daytona this weekend and didn't secure the cover after opening it. its somewhere on I95 now, looking for a stock replacement if anyone has one. went online looking but all i find is the replacement with drink holder. i want the original.

Vondawg
10-17-2016, 08:37 PM
I have one still in the box...didn't care for the chrome look....never tried it, I like the locking part of the stock cover..probably should get it in classifieds

Wing'n it
10-18-2016, 06:40 AM
I cut a sponge to fit 2/3rds of the cubby tightly with the lid off and I can fit a Speedway 44oz drink in there without it tipping over.

Tip: use the plastic cup in a foam cup for insulation as the foam cup will pop the lid off when you try to pull is out, ask my sticky butt how I learned this......

unsub
10-18-2016, 02:23 PM
I cut a sponge to fit 2/3rds of the cubby tightly with the lid off and I can fit a Speedway 44oz drink in there without it tipping over.

:yes:

By making a variety of templates it's perfect way to store sensitive/delicate electronic gear while traveling too!