PDA

View Full Version : MY SINCERE Apologies to those inadvertently BANNED .... Oooops!

Phantom
09-22-2013, 08:56 PM
:banghead:

Sorry about that :icon_doh:

This afternoon we worked on updating our website with a couple of changes on our top banner ads and our home page ads, we also banned a range of IP's that the hackers used to get into our site in the past few weeks, there is a way for us to ban an entire range of IP addresses , if your IP fell in that range PLEASE let me know so that I exclude your IP from those that are blocked. This should only effect a handful of members. I apologize for any inconvenience, P6B :icon_redface:

BillyDaFinn
09-22-2013, 09:08 PM
I was shocked when I came to the site this afternoon and it said my ip address was banned. I was like "oh crap! How am I gonna keep up with all the new part reviews, how will I know where and how to spend my money?" Thanks again for reinstating my ip address, this site is a great resource.

B.

GiddyupF6B
09-22-2013, 09:08 PM
:banghead:

Sorry about that :icon_doh:

This afternoon we worked on updating our website with a couple of changes on our top banner ads and our home page ads, we also banned a range of IP's that the hackers used to get into our site in the past few weeks, there is a way for us to ban an entire range of IP addresses , if your IP fell in that range PLEASE let me know so that I exclude your IP from those that are blocked. This should only effect a handful of members. I apologize for any inconvenience, P6B :icon_redface:

I'm back now! :) I was wondering what I did. ......

Phantom
09-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Sorry,

Just trying to prevent the site from being hacked again. We have implemented behind the scenes a few more security features.

I don't want to see the site go down again, however as mentioned before they have targeted over 10,000 websites around the world.

We are installing the updates to VBulletin(our forum template) as fast as we get them.

Thank you for understanding, please don't shoot the messenger, this BS is driving me to drink :tequila:

Big Dawg
09-23-2013, 01:17 PM
Thank you for understanding, please don't shoot the messenger, this BS is driving me to drink :tequila:

It's not that far, just walk.............

unsub
09-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Our minor inconvenience is miniscule compared to all your hard work to keep this site up. Thank you.