PDA

View Full Version : Please don't judge me

erazor55
10-09-2016, 04:12 PM
It may be genetics, I don't know. I've been riding for 43 years. Most of them different bikes built in Japan. I always yearned for a Harley, probably because my Dad rode them way back in the day. I believe he had a '36 EL. He has since passed, so I can't confirm.

Anyway, I always wanted a Harley. And from 2003 through 2013 I rode an Ultra of one sort or another. 2013, I saw a YouTube of the F6B and much to the dismay of my wife, I had to have one. Quite a transition from Harley to Goldwing, but didn't take long for the transition to take a set.

I still have a genetic link to Harley's, so this last weekend I went to sit on the new Milwaukee 8. I must have forgotten how top heavy they are. I threw my leg over, stood the bike up to vertical and couldn't believe the heavy feel it has. Is it me? Or is the Goldwing that much easier to get vertical, and handle?

willtill
10-09-2016, 04:32 PM
All bikes handle and feel differently, once they are rolling

You weren't rolling.

speedjunkie
10-09-2016, 04:40 PM
What model? Anything with a top box is gonna feel heavier than the B by a fair amount, plus half the fuel is under the seat on the wing. Check the lean angle on the stand. The HD might lean more, which would make it feel heavier too.

Mike

willtill
10-09-2016, 04:50 PM
One of my friends at the AL is a Nam vet, disabled and has a HD which is triked. He rides the chit out of it and has had it in the shop three times for engine/transmission repair work. He also had the foresight to buy the HD extended warranty for about $1500.00. And that he said was a VERY wise purchase. His detuctable is only $50.00